Reaction score
derby_badddddddddddd_49792.jpg

So Big News Coming from Pride Park is that Derby County have today sacked manager Nigel Clough as the board believed Clough had taken the club to a cross roads where they didn't think he was able to cross.
There has already been a huge amount of names mentioned, And here are the bookmakers favourites to succeed Nigel Clough.

Alan Curbishley 3/1
curbishley_49792.jpg

Roy Keane 4/1
roy-keane-001_49792.jpg

Gordon Strachan 5/4
starcahn_49792.jpg

F.Ravinelli 3/1
rav_49792.jpg

Taribo West 6/1
taribo_49792.jpg

taribo_new_derby_49792.png

After All the Speculation the club has opted for a rookie manager & club legend..
TARIBO WEST! The Derby Board have today said 'Taribo Is a legend of this club & it is a true honour to hve him back here! His energy & fresh approach were an instant hit with us. We wish him all the luck for the season!'

taribo20west-stanbridgesmedia-300_49792.jpg

TARIBO WEST-'It's a huge honour to be back at Derby, It is such a wonderful club with the best fans in the division, It was no easy decision for me but I believe with the young players already here the club will be able to push up the league, After speaking with the chairman this morning he has iinformed me there would be about 500k available for trasnfers to reach the play offs, After a brief chat he was able to up the budget to 1.2 million which will improve our chances this coming season!'

taribo_new_derby_49792.png

So the pre-season is now under way as I look to clear out whatever deadwood there is & try a replace it with players who may not always be more expensive but are far better.

TRANSFERS
:: Image was resized. Click on it to see original size ::
Transfers In

M.MANCIENNE-500K- Although transfer listed at the start he is still young & a decent defender, He can also play RB which adds a lot to a championship defence.
S.STRANDBERG-1MIL- Strandberg completes the trio bought in from Rosenborg, I actually didn’t mean to bring him in for this much as you can usually grab him under 500k but not bothered still worth every penny of 1 million, A guaranteed Rock and future star!
O.HILJEMARK-750k- A must buy FM player weather you’re Charlton or Chelsea the guy is a genius at 20 already & will become a world class player, Key CM!
M.DISKERUD-200K- An absolute steel already has passing 16 is only 22 so has plenty of time to improve in to a class CM, Another FM bargain but was very surprised that he was actually keen for coming to Derby, Taribo West must have waved some great magic!
O.K. SALNAES-150K- My favourite FM13 player, Technically the best 17 year old I have even seen on football manager, Will join near enough any team & will no doubt be key this season.
S.MURRAY-400K- A good young RW at the price I paid & can only get better hopefully will play a bit also.
M.CLAYTON-90K- Max Clayton at 17 is a classy youngster & a future international, Happy to get him in early for so cheap with a few adds on mind. Not sure if he will play much this year, May loan him out to League 1 if not.
W.NEM-3.5MIL- The best FM bargain on the game... No doubt! Worth 9 release clause of 3.5 & he is always up for coming to the Championship if you get in there early before the big boys, Will play RW or AM for me future superstar!
C.GORDON-FREE- I couldn’t believe Gordon was up for it, He actually turned down Reading for me & although I had Fielding already I thought on 15k wages Gordon could take us to the next level!
R.GARDNER-FREE- A good LB with plenty of experience & the ability to play LW but for free I just couldn’t turn him down.
T.BEN-HAIM-FREE- A bargain CB for free, stats wise solid is a brilliant Championship defender & was a no brainer.
H.KEWELL-FREE- A bit of a coup really, I took him on trial for a week & he was immense in t he friendly games he played, An assist machine on the LW, really happy with the signing nobody else was even slightly interested!
S TCHOYI-FREE- Another player who came on trial for 1 week and scored 5 in 2 friendly matches so I had to bring him in, He wanted Premiership football but after his trial he was keen to join the Rams, Although he is good not sure if he can score 15-20 goals...
TRANSFERS OUT

C.BRYSON-4MIL-
When Reading came asking I was after 4 mil and 4 mil only as I knew with that in my budget the options were endless.
T.ROBINSON-1.4MIL- A decent player but for the money I sold him for it doubled my budget & allowed me more room to bring in the likes of Hiljemark, Diskerud, Tchoyi etc.

N.TYSON-500K- I would have got rid of him anyway but day one & clubs from the Champ to Lague 2 were interested, Selling him for half a mil seems like good business.
A.LEDGINS-400K- Good money for my 3rd choice keeper I thought... Actually awesome seeing I bought in Diskerud & Salnaes for that!!
J.O'CONNOR-400K- Not on the list above but was on 9k and although cuoldplay right across the defence he had to go for that.
BUXTON, Davies, Roberts etc were all deadwood at the club and although I only raised a few thousand from their sales it all helped achieve the singings I wanted.