Taxis

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 689

Steve*

Y.N.W.A.
Reaction score
How come you can never get a taxi when you need one the most. My missus just rang me drunk and asked me to come over and not a hope of getting a taxi at this hour. If it had been about half an hour earlier it wouldnt have been a problem but cant get one for love nor money now,

Does this irritate anybody else? They really should have taxis on the go 24/7

my town has one taxi service. It is government owned.

The town won't let any other taxi service establish itself.

There are about 5-6 taxis....we have a population of 30,000+ college students. Thousands of drunk students + no taxis = obviously high drunk driving rate in town.

Seriously I was a designated driver for my buddy and his g/f on Halloween night. Picked them up at 2 am and by the time I got home my hands were shaking from almost getting hit MULTIPLE times by drunk drivers. Not to mention kids stumbling into the road in front of me and flying pumpkins....uuuuuugh

Well my town is pretty small. About 2000 people and we have no Taxi service at all. In saying that its a pretty rural place. I drove home with a few in me last night but when i get home I get asked to go to town. At least I had the sence to not drive into the next town while drunk.

I'm lucky, we have about 4/5 taxi services, maybe more and can get one whenever I ask them to arrive. Double fayre on Friday and Saturday nights though so I tend to avoid them instead of spending half of my night-out cash on being carted about by taxi's.

my town has one taxi service too.
[TABLE="width: 451"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 451"]
43.gif
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Last edited:
My city has about 7-8 different taxi services, which hopefully reduces the rates of drink-drivers. I don't use taxi's too much [bleedy expensive] but the service seems to be 24/7 and competent enough.

Back