• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Former boss Graham Taylor believes Aston Villa must move quickly to hire Gerard Houllier's successor as club manager.

More...

Here's a little twist to the tale. Hughes has had no contact, and Villa have said he's not in the frame for the job. Looks like it's 2nd favourite Carlo after all imo

hope they get the right man for the club so they can get back to where they were.

A quick rundown:

We know Hughes is not Villa's first choice, but is somewhere on the list. It is also known that Lerner is interested in bringing Carlo Ancelotti to Villa Park, but whether the Italian and his eyebrow want to come remains to be seen. Other targets definitely include Moyes, and possibly others like Curbishley and McClaren.

I'm just hoping that people don't say it would be a step down for him after being at Chelsea. Villa are a big club (in my opinion), have a lot of potential within the ranks, are quite obviously on the way back up, and I just want to see him back in the prem too, so he can show Roman what a huge mistake he made in sacking him and treating him the way he did.

I'm just hoping that people don't say it would be a step down for him after being at Chelsea. Villa are a big club (in my opinion), have a lot of potential within the ranks, are quite obviously on the way back up, and I just want to see him back in the prem too, so he can show Roman what a huge mistake he made in sacking him and treating him the way he did.

Well tbf it is a step down (as it were) but we're a good club and one with plenty of potential. Young squad, small squad, with money to play around with and a relatively clean slate. Hope he comes.

Well tbf it is a step down (as it were) but we're a good club and one with plenty of potential. Young squad, small squad, with money to play around with and a relatively clean slate. Hope he comes.

That's the advantage for him if he went there. He wouldn't have the sort of interference he experienced at Chelsea with having to buy trophy players for the board to toy around with. He would be free of that pressure, and be able to do what he does best-get on with his job and help develop the players for the future/for the now. That's when he will excell. And he won't (as far as I know-don't know much about the Villa board tbh) have the pressure of major expectations straight away. The players will definately take to him straight away.

A quick rundown:

We know Hughes is not Villa's first choice, but is somewhere on the list. It is also known that Lerner is interested in bringing Carlo Ancelotti to Villa Park, but whether the Italian and his eyebrow want to come remains to be seen. Other targets definitely include Moyes, and possibly others like Curbishley and McClaren.

Methinks Hughes has something else planned. He has a months notice which also means no other club can talk t him or his agent till the end of the month, both he and Villa say there has been no contact and im inclined to believe that, perhaps its anther job he has his eye on...

Methinks Hughes has something else planned. He has a months notice which also means no other club can talk t him or his agent till the end of the month, both he and Villa say there has been no contact and im inclined to believe that, perhaps its anther job he has his eye on...

Chelsea !

Chelsea !

Think Roman will want a manager with a proven track record in Europe to fulfil his desire of winning champs league so I doubt he will go for Hughes

Think Roman will want a manager with a proven track record in Europe to fulfil his desire of winning champs league so I doubt he will go for Hughes

they sacked him
Facepalm_.gif

Not possible as he is staying at Porto until Kenny has to retire/resign.

Not true, AVB is coming to united to take over the rebuilt team SAF will leave him with in three years

but i can seee Hughes at chelsea, and Carlo at Villa, he wants to stay in england

Back