Teacher strike!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Glocken73
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 684

Glocken73

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else has heard anyhting about this teacher strike or has already had one!! Apparently at my college they are having one on thursday but i read up about it and its said some places were on strike yesterday!!

So does anyone know anything about this?? Happening at anywhere you know of or at your college or uni??

Some of my friends lecturers are on strike today.

There's more chance of Gary Glitter gaining a degree in childcare than anywhere in my area going on strike.

Boring ******* down South.

Cambridge Uni's are striking tmro, and the Uni I am at (ARU in cambridge) 60% of students are supporting them (well a day of lectures why not) whats it for?

I think they are striking for pensions and future job losses but not completley sure i've still been told to go in but not quite sure what to do if theres not lecturers!!

I think they are striking for pensions and future job losses but not completley sure i've still been told to go in but not quite sure what to do if theres not lecturers!!

work? :P but nah I not going in! Work can wait, I got Fm to play ;)

One of the unions is striking tomorrow, so some of your teachers/lecturers will be off, and some won't be.

Yeah its the UCU thats striking i dont know who in my college is involved with this but i expect my Geography lectturer is as she always walks around with a UCU mug... dont expect it'll achieve very much if only one union is striking which doesnt seem to be the majority of teachers anyway!!

There are two large unions I think, and one more minor union, but all want different things so strike over different things.

So ******.. my teacher is in the union - but she's not striking because she's been away for the last 12 weeks on Jury Service and doesn't want us to miss any more of the year :(

Back