team confidence and morale!

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3K

Raikan007

Reaction score
i am doing pretty well with Reading 3rd season lying 11th at the mo, 1 point behind 10th and 4 behind 6-8th!

i never kak my team out pre match team talks, never at half time, always encourage them etc and 90% of the team are Poor-Okay morale some good and NONE Superb like my teams always are all the time!!

how can i get them to be better? they are playing really good football too! beating some of the big 4 and looking good! always praise my players when they playing well!

any ideas.

thanks

with leeds first season in the prem half my team is just OK and im in 10th/9th place in december! so i need to sort it out. they think that theyre a top 4 lol, they must do :P

Individually tell the low morale players to expect a performance from them before the match starts. At half time, encourage the whole team or individually tell the player that you are pleased. Also, after the final whistle, individually tell the player that you are pleased again, or disappointing, however good/bad the player's full time rating. Within around 3-4 games you will notice a difference. Happens to me all the time as Birmingham manager.

try playing a junior team like greenock and you will hammer them and get morale up

I just get an assistant manager with motivating higher than 15 and it's all set.

Back