Team meeting make NO sense!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter louiscfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 4K

louiscfc

Reaction score
Held a team meeting as the squad were unhappy at me fining a player. I told them I was in the wrong and I would change my methods in the future and everyone was happy. I then said I was pleased with how the meeting went as everything was sorted out and everyone made a bad response and got the hump!!!

How does that make sense? They were happy with my apology and were then angry that i said I was glad everything was sorted out.

And this is just one of many occasions when players' reactions are just pathetic...

That is fairly strange indeed. As far as i know, player interaction is an area SI are looking into for tweaks. Hopefully the Feb' patch with have a lot of fixes

Yep, just had another one...

We've been quite in-consistent recently so I held a meeting saying we're doing ok but lets push on. The whole team reacts well and are all fired up. I then say that is the reaction I was after and they all get upset?????

Makes no sense whatsoever and kinda ruins the game as morale is so important for smaller teams

It's bad enough that I got that reaction in the first place but i'm now 2-3 months past that incident and the entire squad are still upset that i fined a player... surely this must be a bug otherwise whoever thought of adding this idea is completely retarded.

Very rare if that works. They get to whiny...
Maybe manager stats effect something?

Yeah I think man-management and discipline have a bearing on it... I never back down I think my man-management and discipline is about 12 or 13...

Iv had a few big bust ups first one was fining Danny Ings for 6.0 match rating (he missed two penalties) when I spoke to him he went mad and the team were unhappy... Danny Ings was sold in January...
Second time Flanagan got angry about selling my GK even though I already had a better one that was so annoying because my options were limited I didnt back down... Had to have a team meeting everyone except Flanagan and one other guy were upset... Sold the other guy kept Flanagan he has since come around and is happy again...

Its probably not helping that I dont back down Joe Gomez gets awfully upset... theres a few lads Iv got rid of based on their reactions... 3 players got sold when I said my target was Champions league Koray Gunter, Niklas Stark and Jesse Lingard were sold after having a bad reactions saying it was too ambitious...
Ambitious or Professional squad is what you need to avoid big bust ups anyone who questions me is gone...

My level of discipline is 11 and man management is 17. Just can't get the players happy again. Like I said, 3 months after fining a player and they're still sulking, losing games and now i'm facing the sack after guiding the team to their highest ever position last season. Ridiculous how bad this player interaction is and how you can't resolve it...

...And it has cost me my job. Sacked for poor squad harmony despite guiding Hull City to the Europa League quarter final and highest league position ever (9th) last season... all because I fined one player for a terrible performance. This game needs sorting out quickly. Totally un-realistic and buggy player interaction.

curious as to why you fined your player. does it motivate them?

i have never fined a player. to me it seems very harsh and risky.

curious as to why you fined your player. does it motivate them?

i have never fined a player. to me it seems very harsh and risky.

I did it all the time in FM14 and it made them train harder and work harder, plus helped the wage bill a little. But in this version they're all whiney little ****** who sulk for months after the incident and an apology.

No fines, unless it's for violent conduct or missing training. Handle popular players with kid gloves - think twice about interacting with them and if you feel you have to, save the game. If you want to praise them, praise them after the game.

No fines, unless it's for violent conduct or missing training. Handle popular players with kid gloves - think twice about interacting with them and if you feel you have to, save the game. If you want to praise them, praise them after the game.

Yeh, its a shame as its too late now but i'm glad I got the sack as the chairman was a tight ******* ;)

Seems like I run my team with an iron fist compared to some of you guys...

I interact a lot with my players... I will admit it doesnt always work but any hint of disruption will see you sold under my regime... Danny Ings was my top scorer when I sold him (admittedly the other 10 had to carry him and I wanted rid anyway) but when he over reacted and it spread to the squad the transfer was in place before the January window even started and he sat in reserves for the last 4 games... I was able to recover as I still had the captain on my side and a morale boosting team meeting won them back...

But I do still live with the legacy of some decisions and players with certain personalities have to be removed from your team... I only have one player with a balanced personality left in my team and one other who lacks ambition so once Im rid of those two are gone I can run my dictatorship with ease...

Back