Team Philosophy - Possession Football

• Thread starter Thread starter fm20
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 4K
F

fm20

I'm hovering at about the 56% approval rating for possession football (playing as Liverpool at the start of season 2) and I just can't get it to increase substantially - in the first match of the season I played away and had 60% possession without it changing the board approval. What do these guys expect me to do?

The constant warnings that the football is less than exciting are getting on my nerves - if I was trying to play like Pulis or Mourinho I could understand it, but they're getting passing, possession AND goals (attacking football philosophy rating is at 100% and we were top scorers last year).

Has anyone managed to get the approval rating for this to a high level? I'm nearly at the point of asking the board to change the philosophy, but it seems a little defeatist.

Philosophies are linked to mentality and instructions, possession-based is linked to concepts embedded in instructions. so check these and also roles and duties because 60% possession is quite common.

The play style board approval rating take seasons to work. Took me 3 years last year to get possession to full.

Which mentality are you using?

And are you using 'lower/much lower tempo, retain possession, shorter passing, exploit middle, play out of defence, work into box?'

As miguelalves said, some roles naturally will play 'More direct' and 'More risky passes' so check the individual instructions.

Mentality on my main tactic is control (with a different attack formation thrown in for good measure and a third with counter which only gets used occasionally).

It's a 4-4-2 diamond. Attacking wing-backs, a deep-lying playmaker, box-to-box midfielder, roaming playmaker and advanced playmaker (or shadow striker, depending) with a complete forward (or target man) and a deep-lying forward. There are no specific player instructions set and team instructions include retain possession, shorter passing, work ball into box, play out of defence and higher tempo.

In terms of game control and statistics I'm quite happy with the play style and it's not as if the board/fans are unhappy, I'm just wondering what I'm missing. I'll do some tinkering and see if I can work it out.

Back