Team Talks

• Thread starter Thread starter Thefmgod
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3K

Thefmgod

Reaction score
Why do none of my players respond to my team talks they used to but now its always negative

Do you check out the team talk feedback on your asst. manager's page? I had lost track of that feature on FM12, its a bit more hidden than it used to be......but its pretty essential to keep up with your team's mood. Gives a lot more info. about how they're reacting than the pre-match team talk page does. It might help you figure out what you can do differently. Be sure to mix it up, and guys with different personalities will respond better to different tones, whether assertive or cautious, and you can speak to them individually like that when you want a reaction.

Yeah i do i could provide a screen shot of the feedback its just nothing specific noted

Do you check out the team talk feedback on your asst. manager's page? I had lost track of that feature on FM12, its a bit more hidden than it used to be......but its pretty essential to keep up with your team's mood. Gives a lot more info. about how they're reacting than the pre-match team talk page does. It might help you figure out what you can do differently. Be sure to mix it up, and guys with different personalities will respond better to different tones, whether assertive or cautious, and you can speak to them individually like that when you want a reaction.
Yeah i do i could provide a screen shot of the feedback its just nothing specific noted

Well all I can say is its very complicated, and even paying close attention to my team's reactions its hard to do team talks successfully consistently. Your players basically have four areas you need to manage: morale, focus, pressure and confidence (I think). They will all rise and fall, but unevenly. For instance, congratulating them after a win improves morale and confidence, but a lot of the time hurts focus. If you win but criticize them or warn against complacency, you won't get much morale boost but great focus boost. So you have to mix things up, you always want to try to keep them from getting too high or low in any area.

The toughest part for me is when a guy is sucking, and I can't tell if its too much pressure, no confidence, etc. The game doesn't really give much indication in that dept.

Well all I can say is its very complicated, and even paying close attention to my team's reactions its hard to do team talks successfully consistently. Your players basically have four areas you need to manage: morale, focus, pressure and confidence (I think). They will all rise and fall, but unevenly. For instance, congratulating them after a win improves morale and confidence, but a lot of the time hurts focus. If you win but criticize them or warn against complacency, you won't get much morale boost but great focus boost. So you have to mix things up, you always want to try to keep them from getting too high or low in any area.

The toughest part for me is when a guy is sucking, and I can't tell if its too much pressure, no confidence, etc. The game doesn't really give much indication in that dept.
Yeah, i hate that and when you drop them there annoyed, Also what would you say because i just beat yeovil in the cup with West Ham what would you say i should use i won 3-1 btw

I don't know man....I'd say with 3 -1 you're usually safe with either of the "good job" talks (I don't know the difference between the two).....but if you had a few starters with "looks complacent" during the match, you could say "warn against complacency". It mostly depends on how your team has been doing recently.

I don't know man....I'd say with 3 -1 you're usually safe with either of the "good job" talks (I don't know the difference between the two).....but if you had a few starters with "looks complacent" during the match, you could say "warn against complacency". It mostly depends on how your team has been doing recently.
They still dont respond!

how about the Tone? aggressive? calm? caution? passionate? which one works well in which situation

how about the Tone? aggressive? calm? caution? passionate? which one works well in which situation
Well if i say passionate' welldone' they dont respond if i say it is aggressive tone they switch off, so i cant win

same problem.. started a new game at liverpool and it's either they respond in a negative manner like (have no interest or switched off) or they don't respond at all.

i've never seen any player responding in a positive manner ever since i've restarted the game. wondering if its some tweak that SI had made..

My problem have a look at what i said and that response...
View attachment 224311
I don't know how good Neil McDonald's advice is, but I have always followed Glynn Snodin's advice for my Leeds team talks and generally get a good response from a few players - even had most of my team 'going green' on many occasions.
Your assistant recommended you let them know you're disappointed in their performance but you praised it instead. I think I would have used the assertive version of whatever is close to "yes we won, but the performance wasn't good enough!"
I lost 3-0 in my first league game and went all angry on them (hairdryer time) and got positive responses from every player except one - who I used the calm version of the same thing in a personal chat and got a positive reaction from them.

The problem I'm having with team talks is how to encourage the team when my assistant advises that. There doesn't seem to be an encouraging type option.

My problem have a look at what i said and that response...
View attachment 224311

Why would you even say that? You came back from 1-0 down against Bristol City.. Not from like 4-0 down against Manchester United.. Save the passionate team talks for when your team actually do something special.

Why would you even say that? You came back from 1-0 down against Bristol City.. Not from like 4-0 down against Manchester United.. Save the passionate team talks for when your team actually do something special.
But i tred to get a good response from them.

But i tred to get a good response from them.

But when your team are favourites you don't need to praise them that much. I usually use the calm or assertive teamtalks unless it's a scalp, that's probably the only time I use passionate.

Also, if they perform badly but win against a weak team don't be scared to moan at them. :P

But when your team are favourites you don't need to praise them that much. I usually use the calm or assertive teamtalks unless it's a scalp, that's probably the only time I use passionate.

Also, if they perform badly but win against a weak team don't be scared to moan at them. :P
Haha alright then

Back