• Thread starter Thread starter Danny
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 8K

Danny

Premium
Reaction score
Hello,

As the title says really, which teams are more likely to be taken over? Going to be starting a new save, and would prefer a team that normally get's taken over (as I very rarely get taken over) just for a bit of fun.

Are there teams that get bought pretty often, or what do I need to look out for?

Rangers & Pompey are the obvious ones. Then you've got Fulham who are usually taken oven in the first three years, as are Everton, Hearts, Dundee United & Motherwell. On my current game Cardiff [currently in League 1] have just been taken over by a billionaire, too, so you've kind of got to be a bit lucky.

I spend most of my time managing in England and Scotland so I don't know about the other leagues.

Teams in admin or a bad financial state usually get taken over, so Portsmouth and Rangers would be a safe bet. Although I've never seen either get a tycoon chairman, if that's what you're looking for.

I'm hoping I get lucky, and when I do get taken over, it's by someone who is fairly rich.

When I went inter Milan after around 5 years i got bought over and only got a kitty of around 4 mill!!

Everton or Aston Villa usually get taken over within the first couple of seasons on my games

If you untick the valid takeovers only box in the preferences it will increase your chances of getting a rich chairman.

Usually teams who underachieve or are in poor financial help are candidates for a takeover. Rarely when a club is doing well are they taken over.

Everton have had a takeover in all my saves, between the 3rd and the 6th season.

I got taken over as Spurs. Gotta disagree with Steve about bad financial states, I think exceptional ones help too (made spurs 50 million a season in crafty transfer dealings)

What happens if u untick sugar daddy?

It increases the chance of getting a higher profile takeover. In my save i did it and within 4 years there were 5 sugar daddys in the premier league.

I got taken over as Spurs. Gotta disagree with Steve about bad financial states, I think exceptional ones help too (made spurs 50 million a season in crafty transfer dealings)

Yeah it can happen when you are in a healthy financial status but generally you see "looking to step aside" on info when a club is in debt. IT makes sense really as you wouldnt sell a club if you were enjoying your time there. But as you siad it can happen in other circumstances :)

how do i untick sugar daddy? it won't let me do it for some reason

Back