teams robbing my youths

• Thread starter Thread starter eltigre
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1K

eltigre

Reaction score
i had 4 guys with 4 star potential with mk dons in the championship and now im down to one guy, the others left for newcastle, everton and southampton, the guy i have left is 17 now so i don't think they can rob him but is there any way i can stop these teams from taking my players?[

not really if thay offer them more money and are a bigger club and thay want to go thay will but you should get some money for them butwhen thay hit 17 you have more of a say in if thay stay or go kind of sucks but thats how it works

Offer them full time contract, not the youth ones.

Yeh if they look any good offer them a full time contract so other teams can't steal them from under your nose.

Inevitably they are going to want to leave for bigger clubs though! I've been managing in the lower leagues and the best way I have come up with is to only sell them in the summer. more clubs are interested and you can boost the price up! also demand atleast 20% sell on fee!

Agreed. If you have any decent youth players, you should offer full time deals to them straight away.

Back