Teamtalk generator based on Wolfgangs teamtalks etc

• Thread starter Thread starter mcbgun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4K

mcbgun

Reaction score
Hey guys,

A couple of months ago I created a spreadsheet that basically told me what teamtalk to give based on certain conditions outlined in wolfgang's teamtalk guide.

Unfortunately I accidentally deleted said spreadsheet when reformatting my harddrive. Whilst the spreadsheet was immensely useful, it was extremely long winded and full of data.

What I want to do, hopefully with help from the gurus out there is to create either a spreadsheet or.....heaven forbid....an executable program that runs separate from the game to allow various conditions to inputted and a suggested teamtalk to be generated.

I don't know of anything that has been done like this before, but with so much opinion on what to use and when it might be cool to create a community program/spreadsheet that does what I'm suggesting. I don't have the programming skills to create complex formulas or write code but I'd love to be a part of something that is useful to all players both experienced and novice.

I hope people can help!

Mcbgun
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update - 22/05/12

Spreadsheet complete and currently being put through quality control!

Last edited:
I made a tactic the beat every team 12:0 using it with West Ham, I had all the SS & the tactic itself however, my house was burgled the other evening and they made off with my pc :P

only kidding buddy :)

That would be very helpful but a lot of work, there are so many factors though that influence team talks.. There will not be a one way fits all, its impossible! Unless you do it for each player...

Lol I see what you did there. I did actually create spreadsheet and I'm not looking for someone else to do the work for me by any means...worst case I just recreate the spreadsheet I had initially. I found that I nailed every talk using it pretty much. Your a far better player than me matey, your numerous successful tactics prove that. However, regarding your last comment there, inded, that is the point of what my spreadsheet was all about. I gave my general team talk and then following wolfgangs and other info on the net, gave individual talks based on specific criteria...its not as much as you think and also if streamlined wouldn't take long at all for the player to fill in. Maybe I'll have a crack at it and come back with something half decent.

Through your data, was Wolfgang generally right on? Or did you test out almost every scenario yourself? I recently have had issues with my teamtalks and when I revert to my *** mans advice, it never works out(Jair Ventura, 20 motivating). My go to's have lost some effectiveness. And "Do it for the Fans" is so weak.

Through your data, was Wolfgang generally right on? Or did you test out almost every scenario yourself? I recently have had issues with my teamtalks and when I revert to my *** mans advice, it never works out(Jair Ventura, 20 motivating). My go to's have lost some effectiveness. And "Do it for the Fans" is so weak.

He was yes. The only grey I find is when your on a great run, are overconfident/complacent and are rated as underdogs by the odds. Usually you'll find this happens when your smashing it in the lower leagues with a minnow team you've dragged up from nowhere.

I'm redoing my spreadsheet today and hopefully will make it more streamlined

TBH, I seem to get my team talks right quite a lot (all 11 players "fired up" or "seemed motivated" in a given situation)... And most of the time it doesn't make the slightest difference to a result.

That would be very helpful but a lot of work, there are so many factors though that influence team talks.. There will not be a one way fits all, its impossible!
[FONT=&#23435]
g.gif
[/FONT][FONT=&#23435][/FONT]​

Well either way the spreadsheet is on its way to completion. It looks a little better format wise than the original anyway. Its always good to hear feedback from the community. Bear in mind though that a lot of permutations are covered in the spreadsheet and I will be sure to include any extra information in a tips type section within the file.

I'd love to try and get this transformed into a simple program where people can select various options and then the relevant team talk will display.

All I can say is my results drastically improved since I starting paying attention to the spreadsheet and using it. As always though, different strokes for different folks.

Another couple of things on my radar is to include sections for player notes whereby if a player has reacted badly to a particular team talk then that will be available straight away and no notes need making in game. Just a thought.

Also, I'll probably do a hybrid of both wolfgang and the site here:

http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/match-day/team-talks/team-talk-guidelines#team-talks

As well as trawl the internet for as much relevant info as I can find. The main aim for me is to get a final end product which tries to cover as much as possible and hopefully streamline this into as simple a program as possible

Last edited:
Lol I see what you did there. I did actually create spreadsheet and I'm not looking for someone else to do the work for me by any means...worst case I just recreate the spreadsheet I had initially. I found that I nailed every talk using it pretty much. Your a far better player than me matey, your numerous successful tactics prove that. However, regarding your last comment there, inded, that is the point of what my spreadsheet was all about. I gave my general team talk and then following wolfgangs and other info on the net, gave individual talks based on specific criteria...its not as much as you think and also if streamlined wouldn't take long at all for the player to fill in. Maybe I'll have a crack at it and come back with something half decent.

I was only kidding with you mate :) like the teacher asking the boy where his homework was, "I did it but my dog ate it" :P

Wolfgangs guide was/is fantastic, helped me out more than anything else!

I would really look forward to it mate! I hope for your sake Fm13 is similar as from Fm11 to Fm12 we now have different mood/approaches (aggressive/calm etc) which completely change the team talks...

good luck mate, PM me when you are finished, will gladly check it out!

I was only kidding with you mate :) like the teacher asking the boy where his homework was, "I did it but my dog ate it" :P

Wolfgangs guide was/is fantastic, helped me out more than anything else!

I would really look forward to it mate! I hope for your sake Fm13 is similar as from Fm11 to Fm12 we now have different mood/approaches (aggressive/calm etc) which completely change the team talks...

good luck mate, PM me when you are finished, will gladly check it out!

Yep no worries will do!

Just drawing attention to the update...have PM'd Raikan007 to get his views before making adjustments. I'm not just going to release any old rubbish!

Back