TERRAFIRMAS 4-3-3 HUGE SUCCESS DETAILED GUIDE

These are the results i have had with my Milan team ! First game i used this was the euro super cup and had no pre season with this !

The team talks i have used ar ewolfgang's team talks !

View attachment 194828

Unbeaten in Serie A! What do you think of the football played by the tactic devil?

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

do you use oi ? and what type of team talks do you use ?

Rarely use OI.

FROM KO:
Home - Expect a win if clear favourites. "For the fans" versus rivals. ALl other times "you can win this"

Away - Expect a win if CLEAR fabourites. All other times "no pressure".

Using this with Leyton Orient, drew 0-0 with Daggers despite dominating, currently defeating Crawley 3-0, top job.

By the looks of your screenshots, this may be a really good tactic! Just started a new game with LFC's summer update installed just so I can try your tactic. I replaced Harry Redknapp at spurs, and had the following starting XI in mind: Gomes; Corluka Gallas King Bale; VDV Parker Modric; Dos Santos/Giovanni Moreno; Defoe; Adebayor. I won my first friendly 8 - 0 against Cheltenham, won the other 3 friendlies with 2-0 (vs B. Jerusalem), 3-0 (vs Hamilton) and 2-0 (vs Cesena). No surprises pre-season. The only disappointing thing pre-season was VDV getting injured for 2 to 3 months. I signed Kallstrom as his temporary replacement. Next-up was the season opener away against Villa. Started with my XI I named earlier (only Kallstrom for VDV) got the lead comfortably and at half-time it was 0-3, team talk was 'Pleased' for the entire squad. Second half Villa comes back to 2-3, I score 2-4 but in the 81th they score 3-4 and in the 91th minute even 4-4. Is there something i'm doing wrong? Or is it just bad luck? Please advise me! Thanks in advance.

Every time there is a tactic trying to emulate Barcelona tiki taka, I wonder what is the point on doing so and they often fail in delivering goals despite the possession stats.

What is the point of dominating the opposition if:

- your team doesnt score
- is afraid to shoot
- pass the ball around the park without any serious threat
- the opposion scores before you do

I do give you credit for creating the tactic in the classic mode, however, I do not have a world class team like Barcelona or Man Utd and, from what my team has shown, the tactic falls apart in the 2nd half of the matches many times.
The team seams unable to link up when the opposition is on fire, they just watch the ball being passed and when they have the ball,they always loose it and so you spend 45m watching the oppostion team play and sometimes score even more.

As a example, my team Benfica played a Champions league game vs FC Bayern , in the 1st game, 30m passed by and already I was eating up 3 goals with a final result of 1-4 . There was no Benfica team, nada, rien, zipp, they were there to watch the game.
Sure you can say that it was a overconfidence issue but I disagree, you see the team is not dominating the championship, in fact they are struggling in every game to score. They have an average of 150PR so they are not that bad imo.

The 2nd game at Bayern´s house, again I demanded a win like in the 1st game, won 0-2 but again, the team in the 2nd half disappeared, went to Macdonalds my AM told me. " here´s the ball, you play it"

Like I said with my tactic, there are a lot of factors that can make a team win or loose but frack me, in every single game? Bottom line, Barcelona style is boring to watch, quality of possession above quantity all the way in any given day.

Thank you for taking your time creating the tactic. Cheers

By the looks of your screenshots, this may be a really good tactic! Just started a new game with LFC's summer update installed just so I can try your tactic. I replaced Harry Redknapp at spurs, and had the following starting XI in mind: Gomes; Corluka Gallas King Bale; VDV Parker Modric; Dos Santos/Giovanni Moreno; Defoe; Adebayor. I won my first friendly 8 - 0 against Cheltenham, won the other 3 friendlies with 2-0 (vs B. Jerusalem), 3-0 (vs Hamilton) and 2-0 (vs Cesena). No surprises pre-season. The only disappointing thing pre-season was VDV getting injured for 2 to 3 months. I signed Kallstrom as his temporary replacement. Next-up was the season opener away against Villa. Started with my XI I named earlier (only Kallstrom for VDV) got the lead comfortably and at half-time it was 0-3, team talk was 'Pleased' for the entire squad. Second half Villa comes back to 2-3, I score 2-4 but in the 81th they score 3-4 and in the 91th minute even 4-4. Is there something i'm doing wrong? Or is it just bad luck? Please advise me! Thanks in advance.

If its the first game of the season, your team wont be fluid yet, so give it time and accept that your team got a little complacent.

Are you playing with a Narrow and SHORT pitch? Or Narrow and LONG? Long is very detrimental to the tactic as it exploits the high defensive line used.

What was your match prep? Experiment with Defensive Positioning until you start keeping it tighter at the back.

Try someone like HUDDLESTONE in the MC role, being good in the air is a key attribute for the ball winning CM. Also, try Kallstrom as the MCR and Modric as the MCL. I would never play VDV and Modric in the same 3 midfield, as they are poor at winning the ball.

Move Adebayor to the STL slot as this striker gets a lot of headers at the back post.

Let me know how you get on.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Every time there is a tactic trying to emulate Barcelona tiki taka, I wonder what is the point on doing so and they often fail in delivering goals despite the possession stats.

What is the point of dominating the opposition if:

- your team doesnt score
- is afraid to shoot
- pass the ball around the park without any serious threat
- the opposion scores before you do

I do give you credit for creating the tactic in the classic mode, however, I do not have a world class team like Barcelona or Man Utd and, from what my team has shown, the tactic falls apart in the 2nd half of the matches many times.
The team seams unable to link up when the opposition is on fire, they just watch the ball being passed and when they have the ball,they always loose it and so you spend 45m watching the oppostion team play and sometimes score even more.

As a example, my team Benfica played a Champions league game vs FC Bayern , in the 1st game, 30m passed by and already I was eating up 3 goals with a final result of 1-4 . There was no Benfica team, nada, rien, zipp, they were there to watch the game.
Sure you can say that it was a overconfidence issue but I disagree, you see the team is not dominating the championship, in fact they are struggling in every game to score. They have an average of 150PR so they are not that bad imo.

The 2nd game at Bayern´s house, again I demanded a win like in the 1st game, won 0-2 but again, the team in the 2nd half disappeared, went to Macdonalds my AM told me. " here´s the ball, you play it"

Like I said with my tactic, there are a lot of factors that can make a team win or loose but frack me, in every single game? Bottom line, Barcelona style is boring to watch, quality of possession above quantity all the way in any given day.

Thank you for taking your time creating the tactic. Cheers

I've used this tactic with HUGE success at Lower Leagues with FLEETWOOD TOWN, AFC WIMBLEDON, BRISTOL ROVERS, OXFORD UNITED and QPR. I really don't know what your doing wrong if you say the tactic is performing so badly ... but then again i havent tested it extensively at BIG CLUBS.

My screenshots with my HEARTS team and a previous poster with his NANTES team reflect the way i've seen it working. Lots of CCC's and not WASTEFUL POSSESSION but EFFECTIVE POSSESSION and SWIFT DECISIVE COUNTERS.

If you want to continue using the tactic but are struggling for results, send me more detail on your team and i could help tweak a little.

Thanks for the feedback all the same :]

Nice tactic. Treble for first season with Milan. Undefeated in the league.

Hey, I spotted you had Tackling twice for DL. What was the attribute that you mean to put instead of the second tackling?

First Touch?

The attributes are really just a rough guide to fine tune the tactics. I've found they work with all sorts of players.

ANYONE HAVE ANY MORE SS's of the tactic at work?

This tactic deserves way more recognition.. I've had great results using this with Napoli.. plays good football to watch and gets a lot of possession (60% +)..

First season with Workington in the BSN. Was expected to finish top half (media prediction was 9th).

View attachment 195422

Players were nothing special (scout reports on most players were 2 or 3 stars, had a couple of 4 star players but certainly not a good BSN team).

First season with Workington in the BSN. Was expected to finish top half (media prediction was 9th).

View attachment 195422

Players were nothing special (scout reports on most players were 2 or 3 stars, had a couple of 4 star players but certainly not a good BSN team).

BRILLIANT performance Maso! What did you think of the tactic and the style of football it produced? Any more screenshots of games?

BRILLIANT performance Maso! What did you think of the tactic and the style of football it produced? Any more screenshots of games?

I like it, honestly when I started off I was far from convinced that a 4-3-3 would work, I've never really had much joy with any I've tried. I can only say I've found it impressive both offensively and defensively, sometimes one of the strikers can have a poor game, but unlike a lot of other tactics, it doesn't seem quite as critical here, I guess because you have the other two options.

Here's a few more screens from the current campaign in the Blue Square Premier league (predicted to finish 15th which I thought was optimistic!).

View attachment 195481View attachment 195482View attachment 195483

View attachment 195484View attachment 195485View attachment 195486

Especially enjoyed the result against local rivals Barrow! To me the tactic actually seems stronger when playing away from home, thats not to say the home results aren't good, just away I seem to often demolish teams. Be interesting at the end of the season to check the form for home vs away and see where I picked up most points.

I like it, honestly when I started off I was far from convinced that a 4-3-3 would work, I've never really had much joy with any I've tried. I can only say I've found it impressive both offensively and defensively, sometimes one of the strikers can have a poor game, but unlike a lot of other tactics, it doesn't seem quite as critical here, I guess because you have the other two options.

Here's a few more screens from the current campaign in the Blue Square Premier league (predicted to finish 15th which I thought was optimistic!).

View attachment 195481View attachment 195482View attachment 195483

View attachment 195484View attachment 195485View attachment 195486

Especially enjoyed the result against local rivals Barrow! To me the tactic actually seems stronger when playing away from home, thats not to say the home results aren't good, just away I seem to often demolish teams. Be interesting at the end of the season to check the form for home vs away and see where I picked up most points.

It works best in lower leagues. I love the way the tactic doesnt concede many shots against and if it does, they are from distance. Also, all the shots your team gets in on goal are decent opportunities ... very rarely a speculative long shot produced. Some of the football played is the best i've seen in any FM game to date, even with poor quality players.