Terry left to wait on captaincy

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 692

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
England boss Fabio Capello is in no rush to decide on John Terry's future as captain, BBC Sport understands.

More...

Why doesn't he just ******* resign :/

And replace him with whom?

steven_gerrard-6670.jpg

Steven Gerrard? The same man who has been involved in a number of affray charges? The same Steven Gerrard who successfully applied for a court injunction to keep a story out of the papers 2 years ago? Hmmmmmmm.

Steven Gerrard? The same man who has been involved in a number of affray charges? The same Steven Gerrard who successfully applied for a court injunction to keep a story out of the papers 2 years ago? Hmmmmmmm.

Well that's all speculation, at least he didn't sleep with his best mates girlfriend, get her pregnant, tell her to abort it and give her £20k to shut her up.

Gerrard 1 [Own goal]
Terry 0

Also that's completely unrelated to this, Gerrard still has the respect from his teammates, how will any England players will be able to respect Terry anymore.

Well that's all speculation, at least he didn't sleep with his best mates girlfriend, get her pregnant, tell her to abort it and give her £20k to shut her up.

Gerrard 1 [Own goal]
Terry 0

Also that's completely unrelated to this, Gerrard still has the respect from his teammates, how will any England player be able to respect Terry anymore.

It's not speculation at all. He has been in court twice over assault. It's a shame he can afford such a good lawyer.

Also the court injunction was for a story going to be written in the Sunday Mirror, lucky it didn't get printed.

Pressure will be put on Cappello to decide who is fit enough to wear the armband. If England go on to win the World cup and Terry is captain all this will be a storm in a tea cup.

to be honest i think he should stay on as captain as he is a good FOOTBALL player and he is still a good leader and when Beckham was allegdly sleeping around no one said sack him as captain.... no one on the england team will be squeky clean so i think ppl should leave private life matters in private and football matters on the pitch plus i do not think it will affect his ability to lead and i agree with eddlad y would u want Gerrard as captain has it was seen on video footage of him hitting a man in a bar and he got away with it so he would not be a good captain either

to be honest i think he should stay on as captain as he is a good FOOTBALL player and he is still a good leader and when Beckham was allegdly sleeping around no one said sack him as captain.... no one on the england team will be squeky clean so i think ppl should leave private life matters in private and football matters on the pitch plus i do not think it will affect his ability to lead and i agree with eddlad y would u want Gerrard as captain has it was seen on video footage of him hitting a man in a bar and he got away with it so he would not be a good captain either

Exactly, there is no better leader of men than John Terry in the England squad.

i dont see why the commentators had to go on and on in the burnley v chelsea game the whole 90 minutes they are paid to watch the match and talk about it not terrys personal life ffs and they seem shocked he scored the winner because he slept with bridges wife lol

it's not just about sleeping around, he did it with a team mate. why can't anyone see just how out of line that is?

edt: lol, that's worded a bit wrong... d'oh

Last edited:
terry is not the first england player to make a mistake off the pitch and will definatly not be the last. its not about who did the worst thing etc anything any english player does will get spilled over the media just as much as terry's case. why change a possibly winning position england have at the moment when these things can be sorted out.

terry is not the first england player to make a mistake off the pitch and will definatly not be the last. its not about who did the worst thing etc anything any english player does will get spilled over the media just as much as terry's case. why change a possibly winning position england have at the moment when these things can be sorted out.

Change the word 'mistake' to 'mistakes'.

And say Ashley Cole breaks his leg in May and cannot play in the World Cup. Who takes his place.....Wayne Bridge

It doesn't matter if he's really good at defending, he slept with a team mates wife/girlfriend how can he possibly command any respect at all anymore? Other players have made mistakes but Gerrard didn't smack Rio Ferdinands dad in the face, it was some randomer on the street, how can people not see the difference?

just the way i see it is terry had never had the full support of all supporters anyway because they see england as just a distraction and prefer to be sensationly biased towards their club players.

He should just do the decent thing and resign, doesnt matter how good of a player john terry is or how good of a captain he is if you do something that bad its unforgivable and disrespects the word 'Captain' you got to be proffessional on and off the pitch not just one.

Its either /rooney/lampard/gerrard now.

Last edited:
Back