TFF's Tactics for FM18

kidmiz

Jul 11, 2015
Filters in FMRTE rating settings

Hi TFF,

Is there a way to converte the filters into points ratings for every position? so we can use FMRTE rating to select players instead of using filters in the game. I think it'll be faster this way.

Actually, i tried my best to find the optimal distribution to apply for each position rating, but i still can't get it.

If you could help me in this matter it'll be very appreciated.

Thank you

El Wray

Nov 8, 2010
gave up with fm18, no tactics seems to work at all so ive gone back to my fm17 journeyman using demolisher v17

Cobretti

Apr 11, 2014
My second season with this tactic & it didn't let me down, especially within my league(NI). My first year I took over at Ballymena Utd, I was predicted to come 6th and I ended up doing the quadruple with this tactic & more importantly winning the league. (no budget)

Second season I managed to do the treble & win the league again comfortably. I gained a lot of money from exiting the European competitions which will help me go further in Europe next season.

View attachment 40037 View attachment 40035

Half way through the season my chairman decided to step down & with new owners I was given access to the money I essentially earned in the previous season (4 million) which I can share between scouting/wages/transfer budget. Not only that but the new chairman has bumped up my teams status to professional.

View attachment 40028

My ST stats are above including the rotated ST's, which all contributed when called on. I will be using this tactic again next season. I didn't change anything from the creators tactic & season by season I am able to strengthen my team with prize money & hopefully do something in Europe!

healdy72

Apr 4, 2014
ive just gone 130 matches unbeaten in premiere league with man city with this tactic enjoyed fm 17 and 18 all thanks to TFF tactic thank you pal

Scruffer23

Oct 6, 2014
I appreciate the filters are there but are there any players out there that are perfect for this tactic and proven to do the business

Frank78

Oct 1, 2017
I appreciate the filters are there but are there any players out there that are perfect for this tactic and proven to do the business
Search through the thread

I remember that TFF posted lists of suited players for every position in the tactic

The players were sorted by thier CA

but are there any players out there that are perfect for this tactic
Also, I remember that TFF has posted many times "the best eleven" for the tactic, you can try to search for it

Last edited:

kidmiz

Jul 11, 2015
% CA

Hi TFF9,

Can you please advise at which pourcentage of CA there is no need to use filters to compare two players.

For example :

You said that if we have player A with 150 CA and player B with 160 CA, we need to use filter to see who is the best for the tactic.

The % CA between them : player B is better that player A with (160-150)/150 = 6% CA. So once we go over 6 % we don't need to use the filters.

Then a player C with CA = 161 is better than player A regardless of player C's attributes destribution because the % CA between them is (161-150)/150 = 7% > 6%.

Thank you

Dec 10, 2013
Hi TFF9,

Can you please advise at which pourcentage of CA there is no need to use filters to compare two players.

For example :

You said that if we have player A with 150 CA and player B with 160 CA, we need to use filter to see who is the best for the tactic.

The % CA between them : player B is better that player A with (160-150)/150 = 6% CA. So once we go over 6 % we don't need to use the filters.

Then a player C with CA = 161 is better than player A regardless of player C's attributes destribution because the % CA between them is (161-150)/150 = 7% > 6%.

Thank you

Hi mate,

When it comes to comparing two players by looking at their CAs then it isn’t that easy and here are few facts about CA to better understand what I’m talking about:

- If you run the official SI pre-game editor and take a 150CA player that only can play at STC position which means that he’s only got “20” Natural rating for STC position and for other positions he’s got no rating at all and you add him “20” Natural rating for AML/AMC/AMR positions then you’ll see that his “new” Recommend CA increased from 150CA to about 165CA.

As you can see it costs some CA for players to be able to play many different positions and if you are looking for a striker and you are going use him only at STC position then you don’t want that his CA were spent on capability to play other than STC positions but only looking at his CA you can’t be sure about it.

- Attributes have different “CA Price” for different positions. For example, ”Acceleration” costs 2CA for Strikers but 1.5CA for Midfielders(please notice that the values may not be correct I just took them for better illustration).

- CA is just the total amount points that players have to distribute among their attributes and skills but when you look at it then you have no clue about how it’s distributed. For example, two strikers might have the same 150CA but one of them might be Strong but Slow striker and other Fast but Weak and for your tactic you it requires having a fast striker but by looking at their CA you can’t see which of them is Fast and which of them is too Slow for your tactic.

So I’d say when you look at CA then you have “Eagle View” and it helps to sort out only completely unsuitable players and I’d say you can safely say that one striker is better than other striker for your tactic without producing any further investigation only in case if they had about 40CA difference but in all other cases it requires taking a more closer look to determine which of them is better.

Last edited: