aaronh229

Reaction score
DcrGAw-XcAYsI9Q.jpg

The '92 Journey
A Salford City Manager Story

2DE13A9100000578-3461780-image-a-13_1456311055308.jpg

30th May 2019 - Peninsula Stadium;

Speaking to a small gathering of local press the five members of the class of '92, who had in recent years held a 50% stake in Salford City Football Club between them, announced their latest measure to help ensure the progress of the club without losing the identity that was the core of the club. In recent seasons and particularly in the last year there had been rumblings of discontent from among clubs not only within the same division as Salford but up through the football league stating that the group were 'buying' a place in the football league. This led to an ongoing twitter spat between the most fiery of the five, Gary Neville, with various owners of many of the smaller clubs within the football league.

Quickly stating that they would not be taking questions regarding the previous seasons performance, the seeming spokesman for the group for this particular announcement, Paul Scholes, was quick to get to the point.

"Just over a year ago we stood here to announce the opening of A92, the upgraded youth academy for Salford City which we saw simply as the first step towards our goal, to bring about a football club whose lifeblood is run on the young footballers running throughout the club. This has been seen before to some degree in Britain, most notably with Manchester United and my own 'Class of '92' but most successfully with the famed La Mesia in Catalonia.

I know there has been talk of how Salford have been buying a place in the football league, however this has never been our aim and our ongoing work to improve expand and complete our work on new 'Riverbank Complex' this set of facilities is a top of the line, inclusive and expansive the facilities here shall look to develop young footballers to the highest of standards and to that end we shall of course be employing the best coaches and helping out ourselves sometimes....I still have my old diadoras somewhere...haha.

Thank You for your time."

The Rules;

• This shall be a combination youth challenge, 'noisy neighbour' and Alex Ferguson Challenge
  • Whenever a new player is brought in from outside the club, one has to be promoted from the reserves.
  • Every match has to have a Salford City developed player in starting 11 and at least 3 players total
  • To aid with this, the youth facilities at the club have been boosted up to top and the youth coaching improved.

Last edited:
8fd114c45bec1be9fa252f1500457a8d.png

30th June 2019 - Riverside Complex, Salford

With their less than impressive showing last season of just 9th in the Vanarama National, the decision to part ways with Graham Alexander with the ex-footballer having failed to manage to meet the expectations of the clubs board made up of the Class of '92 and the Billionaire owner of Valencia, Peter Lim. Having looked outside for support for many years the decision was made for Paul Scholes to step down from his position on the board, granting his shares among his remaining four compatriots on the board and maintaining the 50/50 split. As such Paul will be taking on the management of Salford City with immediate effect with his strong love for the club and their newly announced youth policy being well known.

While the club remains ambitious it is hoped that Paul can push forward with management to ensure that this year would not stymie the growth vision held by the board. It is thought that with his experience as a coach under Alex Ferguson and his long standing relationship with the board as well as many within the footballing world that Paul would bring immediate success.

"I am pleased to finally disentangle myself from the board, as I said in that documentary, what the f*ck was I doing owning a football club? I have always been one to prefer to be closer to the action and my time at United has given me the hunger to succeed. I have the advantage of already knowing the lads and I am certain that they will come good this year....with a nice sprinkling of youth anyway."