The AI are always more clinical... Why?

• Thread starter Thread starter louiscfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 7K

louiscfc

Reaction score
Its a fact. At least in all my saves for the last few versions of the game.

I can have 30+ shots at goal per game, hit the woodwork 3-4 times EVERY match, miss countless one-on-one chances even 3 on 1 chances as I witnessed recently and then the AI can have 1 chance and score. in fact whenever they have a highlight you know it will be a goal.

This isn't a rage, I am not asking for help, I am simply stating an observation from my saves in the last couple of years.

No matter the quality of the players I have or of the opposition they will always be more clinical. Now, this is not me complaining because I am losing all the time as I'm not. But even when I win 5-2 and I have 44 shots, 15 on target and only score 5 compared to the AI's measly 3 shots on target and 2 goals, this is what annoys me.

This does happen IRL also, but not every game like FM. I fear that the game mechanics are not equal for the player and the AI. Not scripted, but just no balanced. No doubt, there'll be someone on here saying otherwise as they're an expert in the game, and that maybe the case but try and explain why the AI converts their chances more than my players do mine. And don't say "tactics". Tactics have nothing to do with a player missing countless sitters. Don't say quality of players either as I am playing multiple saves with and against players of all different qualities yet the AI always take their chances better. I cannot recall a single match where the AI have bombarded my goal and i've stole a winner with 1 shot. Not one time.

Why are the AI more clinical?

I apologise if this sounds like a rage...it isn't. I just want some information.

Actually, the AI is not that good. The AI's tactical setup needs improving. That's why we have so many 30+ shot vs 1-3 shot games - the AI tactics just aren't as good as ours. At the moment, and you'll notice it some games, they're relying completely on the counter attack. When there's no counter on, they get nowhere because the tactic just isn't that good. So, they're relying on counters and set-pieces.

With the tactics that aren't as good as it could be, they're not going to get many shots off. Those that do come off, will probably (and I'm generalising and guessing here) be of a high-ish quality.

The point is more that their tactics could do with improving. If it does though, you're not going to be able to dominate as easy as you are now and we're going to see the frustrations thread fill up with even more **** than what it is now.

And sorry, 44 shots a match is too much. If it was a sitter, they'd score. Your tactic might need some improving if it happens regularly. If it's a one-off, fine, teams/strikers have off days or keepers with good days.

To answer your last point, you haven't been bombarded by countless shots while you steal the game with 1 shot = goal, because 1 - you probably aren't as the weaker team in a tie very often and 2 - you're not set up to purely attack on the counter. Point #2 I can guarantee as almost no human manager does this.

Also we proved this before then human players can always create better and more clinical set ups than the AI. One person started a thread claiming the AI was always more clinical and after we all went through all the stats in his game, turns out he was not just the most clinical in his league, but the most clinical in Europe

Yeah, we're always going to be better than the AI.

I did a thread last year when there were complaints of human striker inefficiency and I showed that all my strikers had efficiencies of either equal to or better than real life.

Also, many games are either games where the AI will score first and the shut up shop, causing to not have any more shots or it'll be a defensive AI from the start and late in the game and 0-0 we'll push too much, intead of making other changes and the AI will get a goal from their only shot.

Ok. Thanks for your input. You're totally right about the ridiculous amount of shots we can create and I guess that is why the AI seems more clinical than they actually are.
Regarding us being better than the AI, I have to agree. I think its too easy for players to win the league with average clubs in their first season, as seen all the time on here.
Hopefully FM16 will be harder/more realistic, but balanced so people don't hate it.

Back