The Anchor - 14.2.1

• Thread starter Thread starter Ghents
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 3K

Ghents

This is my first attempt at a tactic that's done well for me over the course of a couple of seasons. It utilizes levels of attack and flow. I have only used this tactic with Newcastle, with no signings and have finished 7th, 3rd and 3rd (Cap One Cup winners). I ran through three different single seasons just for the sake of control. The first season I had a ton of injuries to my midfield, so there was a 7-8 game stretch of 0-1 losses.

View attachment 434468

Pre-season training: Cohesion very high
Match prep: Tactics, full, rest after match

Season training: Balanced low
Match prep: Def set pieces, only day of match, rest after match

The only players I would say you need specifically are well-round wing backs with pace and fitness, then central defenders with pace, positioning, and anticipation. I also train the CWBs as wingbacks.

No OI.

I called it The Anchor because of the shape, but I think it's solid defensively. Biggest place it seems to allow goals is set-pieces.

View attachment 434462View attachment 434463View attachment 434466View attachment 434465View attachment 434464

Last edited:
He seems to do fine, and I made him the Regista because the DLF, AMC's and AP all get more forward, so I wanted someone to pick out guys up front and on the wings.

Back