The "Anti-Football" AKA Tony Pulis Tactic

yamyam91

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has managed to implement a "Tony Pulis" style tactic in FM16

I was thinking about starting a new save with a championship team to replicate the Tony Pulis style of play, being a Wolves fan while Pulis is at the albion i get to here all about his style of play from friends who follow West Brom and see it as an interesting idea to run with.

I get the whole idea of football manager and that is to win, constantly, but how about a tactic that could stabilize a championship team while rebuilding the squad to fit the tactic

from what i have herd and watched Tony likes to set his team up to defend and ****** what they can from the game

GK

CB (Defender who can play left back - TALL)
CB (Strong centre half, lacks pace but also has high mental atributes)
CB (As above)
CB (Defender who can play right back - TALL)

DM (Sits in the middle raley moves and hard tackling - Distributes to wide players)
DM (Great passer of the ball, likes to tackle and can also distribute to wide players)

LW (Plenty of crosses and pace)
AMC (Wins flick ons to striker and can track back when needed)
RW (Plenty of crosses and pace)

ST (Stays furthest forward, pacey and powerfull)

Any help on creating this tactic? I have the players in mind who could fulfill the roles given above but implementing the tactic in game seems to be my biggest struggle.

Any master tacticians out there would could help?

My guess would be to just have direct passing / route one, cross aimed at target man, time wasting, tackling hard and closing down often.