The Artwork Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 15K

Steve*

Y.N.W.A.
Reaction score
Ok as I couldnt find a similar thread I decided to set up an Art Thread. Do many of our other members show a keen intrest in Art? If so please submit your work and also comment on others work. I never did art in school but have taken a liking to doing portraits recently. Please only submit general artwork and not just photoshop work. Preferably ink, sketch or painting please.

I always sucked horribly at art so can't really judge if anything is good or not. But looks good to me :)

Cheers guys :)

Neil, why does your stick woman not have boobies???

Nice work mate. I'm the same, thought as Art lessons in school as free lessons where everyone mucks about :P but I'm actually really interested in drawing. Started a few months after leaving Sixth Form and am always trying new stuff. I'll upload some soon.

Much better than your previous work imo, art portraits always look a lot more life-like with more tone and shading. I really want to get back into drawing but I can't see where I will have the time. It's something that has always interested me but I've barely picked up a pencil since finishing A levels eight years ago :S

Much better than your previous work imo, art portraits always look a lot more life-like with more tone and shading. I really want to get back into drawing but I can't see where I will have the time. It's something that has always interested me but I've barely picked up a pencil since finishing A levels eight years ago :S

Cheers for the feedback.
I noticed the extra quality and I put that down to getting proper sketching pencils. My previous work was just with a h4 and 2b pencil(smooth). With those it was so hard to add definition to the image. But now its much easier despite taking much longer to draw. Next up from me is a trial drawing of this:
View attachment 255673

Taken from the film Friends with Benefits. Loved the street/stencil design so much i want to make my own to hang up at home. If any idea what paints i should use on canvas id be grateful as i don't have much canvas experience.

well i got a picture of bendtner of the internet and edited him with paint on my laptop does this count even if it doesn't
i like it lolView attachment 255678

Of all people to portray as Superman :P

For paint its pretty good.Id suggest to zoom in when painting it and then you dont have the jagged edges :) It counts as art alright. Digital art is actually becoming more mainstream.
Heres another example of digital art Iv done. I drew lightly by pencil, canned and edited in inkscape.

View attachment 255681

Of all people to portray as Superman :P

For paint its pretty good.Id suggest to zoom in when painting it and then you dont have the jagged edges :) It counts as art alright. Digital art is actually becoming more mainstream.
Heres another example of digital art Iv done. I drew lightly by pencil, canned and edited in inkscape.

View attachment 255681

i done him as superman as i was doing the international challenge thing and he kept on popping up with late vital goals so thats why

Mainly been stuck into work lately so no proper art from me this time :(

2 most recent things iv done:
Star Wars Background(done a black and white version) purely using stencils and pen tool in photoshop.
View attachment 260535

And a company logo for a friend(vector in Ai)
View attachment 260537

Will try slap some more work together during the week.

Back