The Becksy Babes- A David Beckham and England Story

jerry1994

Reaction score
The Story So Far

27 June 2010
England 1 (Upson 37')
Germany 4 (Klose 20' Podolski 32' Mueller 67' 70')

world-Cup-2010-Germany-vs-England-miroslav-klose-15084850-594-548.jpg

A hapless England are hammered by Germany in the FIFA World Cup in South Africa in the Round of 16. A brace from Thomas Mueller and goals from Miroslav Klose and Lukas Podolski proved too much for the English side who could only muster a goal from Matthew Upson in reply. Of course, the English were furious that they had been denied a goal from Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard. But nothing was done about it and the result remained. 4-1 to Germany and another England team came back from another World Cup empty handed.

30 June 2010

105962200_f009c3d82c.jpg

The England team returns home to a quiet welcome. No one is there at the airport, no one is there along the roads as their team bus rolls along London streets. No fans cheering. In fact, abuses are hurled as they pass along the roads. The players know they deserve it.

1 July 2010

9.00 AM

Fabio%20Capello-300-1.jpg

The FA announces the sacking of Fabio Capello as England manager with immediate effect. Replacements have not yet been confirmed but it is expected to be confirmed this afternoon.

1.00 PM

becks-england-415x485.jpg

News has just arrived. Los Angeles Galaxy player, former Manchester United and Real Madrid legend David Beckham has agreed to charge of England temporarily for the friendly against Hungary. However, it is known that the FA has imposed certain conditions that the new man has to follow during his time at the job. More details in the press conference at 4.00 PM at the Wembley...

I would love any suggestions...so please do give them...

---------- Post added at 03:43 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:18 PM ----------

SHOCK AS ALL BUT THREE WORLD CUP PLAYERS BANNED!

First Press Conference at Wembley After World Cup Debacle throws up huge shock

wembley-stadium-5.jpg

England fans all over the nation were in for a huge shock as new player/manager David Beckham and FA chief David Bernstein decided that all the players except those who have not played even a single game in the World Cup will be banned from international football till the next World Cup in 2014, Brazil. This spares just three players-Joe Hart of Manchester City, Michael Dawson of Tottenham Hotspurs and Stephen Warnock of Aston Villa even as a host of high profile names are banned from international football, including Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand, Wayne Rooney, Gareth Barry and John Terry.

The Details of the Press Conference with David Beckham:

The Sun: You have decided to take over the England job at such a difficult time. With all major players banned, your job just gets harder. Do you think England will win anything soon?

David Beckham: Any team will miss a player of Gerrard's or Lampard's quality but one must understand that the players must take responsibility for what has happened in South Africa. And I believe we have enough talent to fill in their shoes.

The Daily Mirror: Do you have definite ideas of players who would be featuring in your new teams?

David Beckham: Oh yes. Some people like Joe Hart, Andy Carroll, Ashley Young, Gabby Agbonlahor would be crucial to the team in future.

The Guardian: Will the youngsters now get more chances?

David Beckham: Oh yes. We have some talented young players like Jack Wilshere, Jack Rodwell, Tom Cleverley and a few others and they will be getting their chances to prove themselves on the big stage.

The Telegraph: Would you be a manager alone or would you be a player-manager?

David Beckham: I will be a player manager as I have my own England and Los Angeles careers to look after. Right now, I won't feature against Hungary due to injury but I might feature later.

PLAYERS BANNED BY THE FA TILL WORLD CUP 2014

David James, Glen Johnson, Ashley Cole, Steven Gerrard, John Terry, Aaron Lennon, Frank Lampard, Peter Crouch, Wayne Rooney, Joe Cole, Robert Green, Gareth Barry, Matthew Upson, James Milner, Shaun Wright-Philipps, Jamie Carragher, Jermaine Defoe, Ledley King, Emile Heskey, Michael Carrick

--------------------

Great start mate, love Beckham! And be sure to be interesting picking the squads without those 14, mind you, i doubt Heskey, Wright-Phillips or even David James would've been that regular. Looking forward to this.

Thanks everyone for the appreciative comments. :)

BECKHAM NAMES 26-MAN SQUAD FOR HUNGARY FRIENDLY

David_Beckham.jpg

Newly appointed England manager David Beckham has announced the 26-man squad that will take on Hungary in the friendly. The only major exclusion from a largely expected line up was that of Ashley Young, who Beckham clarified is being rested as he is just being nursed back from a hamstring injury. Beckham himself is also ruled out after a long term injury and Aston Villa striker Darren Bent is also rumoured to be rested. Meanwhile, a lot of players are about to get their debuts against Hungary including Ryan Shawcross, Michael Dawson, Andy Carroll and Matt Jarvis.

This is the first match that the English side will play without twenty of their twenty three World Cup players. Nicknamed the Becksy Babes, reminiscent of Manchester United's Busby Babes, this new English side is all set to prove their worth to the world by getting off to a positive start against the Hungarians.

ENGLAND SQUAD VS. HUNGARY

Goalkeepers

Joe-Hart-picture.jpg

Ben Foster (Birmingham City)
Chris Kirkland (Wigan Athletic)
Joe Hart (Manchester City)

Defenders

leighton-baines-_300-433384857.jpg

Leighton Baines (Everton FC)
Curtis Davies (Aston Villa FC)
Michael Dawson (Tottenham Hotspurs FC)
Phil Jagielka (Everton FC)
Michael Mancienne (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
Phil Neville (Everton FC)
Nedum Onuoha (Sunderland FC)
Liam Ridgewell (Birmingham City)
Ryan Shawcross (Stoke City)
Stephen Warnock (Aston Villa FC)

Midfielders

jack-wilshire-415.jpg

Marc Albrighton (Aston Villa FC)
Tom Cleverley (Wigan Athletic)
Jordan Henderson (Sunderland FC)
Tom Huddlestone (Tottenham Hotspurs FC)
Matt Jarvis (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
Adam Johnson (Manchester City)
Jack Rodwell (Everton FC)
Alan Smith (Newcastle United)
Jack Wilshere (Arsenal FC)

Forwards

andy-carroll-liverpool-cropped

Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa FC)
Andy Carroll (Liverpool FC)
Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea FC)
Theo Walcott (Arsenal FC)

ENGLAND UNVEIL NEW KITS

In a brief statement today, manager David Beckham announced that the England team will now have new kits for their games. The kits were all tailor made and according to him, represent the birth of a new era in English football. Without much ado, the kits are:

Home-2.png

England Home Kit

Away-2.png

England Away Kit

The first match with these new kits will be against Hungary.

============================

Last edited:
All the best mate. Looks good so far, will definitely follow!

I'm sorry I have to quit this story as the game crashes every time I try to play my third qualifier against Switzerland. I have already played the first friendly vs Hungary and qualifier vs Bulgaria but was unable to go beyond that. Sorry mates. Look out for a new story with clubs though :)