The beginning of a loooong Charlton Season!

matyfatymole

Reaction score
Well after posting a thread asking who to be a dicided to be charlton not thinking about the huge debt they have got. I had no transfer money so had to resort to getting free transfers. With little wage budget I went for lots of players including Viduka and Campbell not succeding with any. We needed a good left winger and I came over Rohan Ricketts a 26 year old with good atacking stats. So started the pre season frendlies with good results including. A 1-0 win over Peterborough and high scoring wins over non-league sides such as Crawley however loosing 3-1 to Barnsley was a bit of a downer looking foward to the season ahead hopping for a new chairman. More soon. P.S anyone got any advice. Ty :)

Good luck. Should be a good challenge. Hopefully promotion is a realistic target for the season. I recommend ***** Topp as he is class in League 2 and League 1.

Great news! The start of the season could not go any better. Starting in pre-season with a great 2-0 win over Crystal Palace and then 2-1 over Notts county. Then looking for an alifted club found chelsea and it was a done deal! After that I tried loaning kalou Chelsea accepted but Kalou declined the move. But in a shocking move they enquired about Shevley I said I wanted 950k for him almost 4 times what he was worth they offered it and it was a done deal! Finally I got some money for the trasfer market I'm curently looking for atacking midfeilders sugestions would be good. I loaned out Tore from Chelsea looking a hot prospect. Then the season started with a dramatic 3-2 win against Wycome scoring in extra time. Then came the league cup with a good draw away at sindon I comfertably won that 3-0. Unfortunatly got Burnley in the next round. Disapointed I went up against a tough Hartlepool winning 2-1 with a penalty from loyd Sam curently 4th in leauge with 2 games played 2 games won so far so good. :D

Try signing Henri Camara mate, he's a free agent. I got him for QPR on my save and so far he's scored 7 goals in 4 matches.

Also, try loaning Hogan Ephraim from QPR. When i loaned him out he did brilliantly.

Did you put a sell on clause for shelvey?
Anyway, good pre-season

Wait, is this supposed to be in the FM Stories section?

Anyway, good luck.

first off all ty for all the feedback and I didn't put a release clause on him chelsea inquired about him and I said that i wanted 950k for him

Always put a sell on fee when selling youngsters, e.g if you put 25% on then chelsea sold him for like £10m in the futre you'd get £2.5m

Well it's been a weird sort of 2 weeks with it's highs and lows. First of all I found out I was a feeder team with Valencia, Brill now I can loan a few players from them. But the 3rd match of the season and I was 1-0 up in 6 mins dominating everything but go in at half time 1 all, a bit weird how the scored when we where domanating it. So I have a team talk saying we can win this and off we go dominating it once again the sudenly I'm 3-1 down and that was it a prety harsh result for us. So I go into the 4 th match of the season with a pretty apauling first half loosing 1-0 inside 4 minutes and unable to find possesion and lacking in creativty so once again I say we can win this and on the 60th minute bang Goal!! Maybe we can win this! So the 70th minute we score again and 90+3 again. With playing poorly we win convincingly and with playing amazing we loose covincing quite currently finding atacking midfeilders with a few in mind I will keep you informed!

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Oh I fogot to say I'll try and get some screen shots of the league and stuff!

Where I'm at:
-League 2 4th (1 point behind first)
-League Cup 2nd round (next match vBurnley)

Last edited:
Michael Misfud scored 26 in 38 games for my Southampton team and he's free at the start

i'm playing with charlton now and into my 4th season. you sold shelvey for 950k!!!?? madness. i sold him for 3.5M with 25% sell on clause to bolton.
have a look at nicola ventola, free at the start and decent standard for championship- dominated in league 1.
also samuel kuffor did a good job for me at the back

woah! Maybe should of kept him a little longer oh well I'll have a look at these players ty :)

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Also with you being in your 4th season with Charlton did you get a new chairman???

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

Another 2 games with it's highs and lows.... Again! Firstly a brilliant result against Burnley in the league cup beating them on penaltys 5-3. But yet again a disapointing result against Tramere winning in the 80th minute when they suddenly get an equliser :L.

Where I'm at:
-3rd round of league cup (vSwansea)
-4th in league 1 no to bad! 3 points behind tho

Back