The best pairs/triplets?

• Thread starter Thread starter Fennec
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1K

Fennec

Reaction score
Hey guys, apart from the obvious target man/poacher combo up front what set ups do you use? Atm I'm experimenting with an attacking wingback/defensive winger pair with little success.

I had an Arsenal save a while ago where I had inside forwards on either wing and attacking fullbacks to exploit the space on the flanks when the winger has cut inside. I'm guessing if you're using defensive wingers then your fullbacks/wingbacks will have a much harder time getting forward due to lack of space. I've never used defensive wingers though so I'm not sure what they're like.

Did you use a defensive mid when you used the attacking wingbacks? I would've thought there would be some defensive issues without one. I thought defensive wingers would be a good idea just so that there would be someone to defend the flanks if the other team counterattacked and my wingbacks were no where to be seen but I'll probably try to switch things up a little

I used a deep lying playmaker in defensive midfield with 2 CM's in support duty, but there was always the threat of a counter attack as I played with a high defensive line and possession in mind. results were ok but I was far from creating the invincibles all over again. I only use 442 for smaller teams now because that seems to bring most success and there's no need for attacking fullbacks for that in my experience.

anchorman a deeplaying playmaker on support with highest mentality and running from deep on rarely plus a normal advance playmaker attack work wonders for me
striker wise terquartista and poacher worked as the best combo

I hate conceding on a counter attack so I never play with a high defensive line.
Doesn't having two playmakers interfere with each other? I've used the poacher/trequartista and I fiind my trequartista just doesn't get on the scoresheet enough with it

I like having a 4-5-1 on a short narrow pitch with the wide players set to inside forwards, cm pairing of a adv. playmaker and a box to box, with and anchorman sitting behind them the whole time. Having an accomplished striker set to complete forward support who has good strength to hold up the ball and creativity and passing to drop deep and play the wingers in as secondary strikers. It all sort of becomes a 4-3-3, very attacking high pressure possession play.. I know you wanted pairs or triplets.. sorry.

Haha nah that's alright. Where do your goals come from? Is it just the 3 upfront getting them or do the midfield chip in with a decent amount?

Back