The Black Cats on the prowl - A joint story

Status
Not open for further replies.

I3east

Reaction score

attachment.php

Quinn sacks Bruce but brings in unexperienced manager

niall_quinn_1369596c.jpg

Sunderland owner Niall Quinn has today confirmed that Steve Bruce has been sacked and Former Sheffield FC coach Joseph Southern will take the helm at the club. This decision has bewildered many Sunderland supporters but Southern has been given Quinn's backing.

'I believe that Southern has the potential to take this club forward, the other applicants hadn't well impressed me, but Joseph's stood out from the others, I am aware that it is a very unlikely outcome after who the club were linked with but i assure you he will bring good things to this club'

Steve Bruce did a good job during his time at the Stadium Of Light leading Sunderland to a 13th place finish last campaign. Bruce also has signed Asamoah Gyan from Stade Rennais for £13,000,000. Bruce had this to say on his departure,

' I am obviously very sad to be leaving Sunderland as they are a great club, i have enjoyed my time here but it has to end sometime, unfortunately my time is now. I wish Southern all the best for the future'

Southern has been linked with many players already since he took over just two days ago, these players include, Jimmy Bullard, Eden Hazard , Cameron Jerome and Marcus Tudgay.

Meanwhile Southern will have a battle on his hands as AC Milan , Chelsea and Manchester City are interested in signing Darren Bent or Lee Cattermole

jimmy-bullard-415x275.jpg

Injury prone Bullard may be on his way back into the Premier League

his story will be a joint story with LIVERPOOL4EVER

Great OP, will post mine soon.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

1st June 2009

sunderland.jpg

I was awoken at 7.15am by the loud ringtone on my new mobile phone. I answered it snappily and said “What do you want!” It was the Sunderland Chairman, Niall Quinn. He had a job to offer me.
I had recently told my agent to try and look for some assistant manager jobs for me. Finally, my agent had fount a good club. My last 3 clubs that he fount me were all in the conference when I specifically told him that I hated working in the conference. I was looking forward to working alongside Steve Bruce at Sunderland A.F.C. I’ve always liked Steve Bruce as a person and a player. I especially liked him at his time at Manchester United.
I was very excited at the thought of getting back into football. It has been a very long time since I have done something inside football management, would I be able to cope with the pressures once again? More importantly, was I even good enough for a club of Sunderland’s stature? I quickly got dressed and made my way to Sunderland’s A.F.C’s headquarters.
I was welcomed with a massive swarm of the press, bit unusual just for an assistant manager. What was going on here? They were all questioning me. I managed to barge through the mob and I entered the Sunderland headquarters. I was just about to be in for the biggest shock of my life.
I entered the board room; surprisingly there was no Steve Bruce there. Niall Quinn sat on the other side of the room. He told me to take a seat. As I took a seat in the only unoccupied chair, directly facing the chairman, Steve Bruce burst through the door.
“Sorry I am late Niall. It’s just I...” Steve Bruce apoligised but he was rudely interrupted by the chairman. “Steve, you have no job here anymore, Kyle Lomax is the new manager of Sunderland A.F.C”

KYLE LOMAX NEW SUNDERLAND A.F.C MANAGER

Landon-Donovan-711663.jpg

Landon Donovan: One of Lomax's many targets

Yesterday, Steve Bruce was officially removed from his position as manager of Sunderland A.F.C by Chairman Niall Quinn. Quinn has replaced Bruce with a relatively newcomer in the form of Kyle Lomax. Lomax, who has had previous stints in the conference as an assistant manager, has said that he is very pleased to be the new manager of Sunderland. “There a great club” Lomax said earlier today “Hopefully I can do the job some justice and have alot of success as manager of Sunderland A.F.C” Lomax is said to have a handful of players that he is interested in which includes American ace Landon Donovan. A few other players include Barry Ferguson, Matty Taylor and Danny.

Lomax completes the treble
Helder+Postiga.jpg
vukcevic.jpg
Arturo%20Vidal_633844588032576250.jpg

Helder Postiga(top left), Simon Vukcevic(top right), Arturo Vidal(above)

Kyle Lomax today announced his first signings as Sunderland manager, all three of them! Kyle Lomax has signed Helder Postiga from Sporting C.P for a fee of £1,700,000, Simon Vukcevic from Sporting C.P for a fee of £7,000,000 and Defensive Midfielder Arturo Vidal from Bayern Leverskun for a fee of £5,000,000. Kyle Lomax was present with his 3 signings at a recent press conference where he officially announced them:

Mr. Lomax, why did you bring these players to the club?
That’s easy. Helder is a quality striker and he was available for a very small fee so it was a no brainer to sign him. Simon is a very good midfielder attacking wise and I’m sure he will be able to form a partnership with the strikers. Arturo, he is a first class defensive midfielder who keeps everything in order, he is if you would like to call him that, my “Water Carrier”.

Helder, how do you feel now that your a part of Sunderland A.F.C?
It is a great feeling. Sunderland is a very prestigious club with some very good players. I am looking forward to working under Kyle Lomax. I am sure that I will get a few goals for the club and make my signing worthwhile.

Simon, are you looking forward to playing for Sunderland?
Obviously, Sunderland is a great club. I would never turn down such a club of Sunderland’s stature, so as soon as I got the contract offer and I thought it through with my agent; the deal was as good as done.

Now, last but not least, Arturo what are your thoughts about your transfer to Sunderland?
I am very happy with my new club. Bayern Leverskun are a very good club, but I couldn’t turn down a move to the Premier League. I hope that I can have some success here and we are going to be working towards at least a top half finish.

Milevskyi seals Sunderland move

Artem Milevskyi has today completed his loan move to Sunderland, Lomax’s fourth signing of the season. Milevskyi is said to be very happy at agreeing terms with Sunderland. Lomax has said that if Milevskyi impresses enough on his loan move, Lomax could try and get him on a permanent. Milevskyi is unfortunately unavailable for the 1st game of the season against Everton as he has arrived too late but he is in contention to start for the Newcastle United game.

August Review

We faced a very hard opposition for the 1st game of the season, the blue side of Merseyside, Everton away. I was very cautious about how to approach this fixture, so I tried the counter attack. I was very disappointed early on as we conceded in the 3rd minute via a Leon Osman strike. 60 minutes in I took off Helder Postiga for Asamoah Gyan. Just 20 minutes after that substitution I fount myself 3-1 up, 2 great finishes by Asamoah Gyan and a screamer from the edge of the area from Simon Vukcevic rapped up the victory away on the first game of the season.

I wanted to continue this good form as we travelled away to Newcastle. It was a very dull match until the 51st minute when Fabricio Collocinni received a red card for a dangerous tackle on Darren Bent. Straight after Collocinni seen his marching orders Vukcevic took a quick free kick which Bent held up and smashed into the bottom corner from 12 yards. The last goal of the game came from Newcastle as Jonas scored an own goal on the 61st minute to put Sunderland 2-0 up and that was how it finished, 2-0 to Sunderland.

Oldham at home next in the League Cup. I set out a goodish side for the match, quite good but not my best team. We won the match 7-0. A hat-trick from both Bent and Postiga as well as a lightning fast header from Anton Ferdinand sealed the win for Sunderland.

We then faced WBA at home for our first premier league home game of the season. We started the game very well with Darren Bent scoring within the first 5 minutes. Bent doubled his tally with a thumping header from close range on the 27th minute. Gyan completed the rout with a close ranged finish from 12 yards after a fantastic ball from Arturo Vidal. Great result which adds to a great month.

gyan-sunderland-298.jpg

Asamoah Gyan

My Player of the Month: Asamoah Gyan – Gyan scored some great goals in August, especially his two goals against Everton which helped us to a win, without Gyan, we would haven’t of won all 4 of our matches.

Managers Log: A great month, four great wins out of four. We only conceded one goal and I defence has been working very well. I hope we can keep this good form up in September and hopefully keep up our winning mentality.

Last edited:
Dont want to **** on your fire guys, but you may struggle to earn followers with 2011 coming out in 3 days.

Dont want to **** on your fire guys, but you may struggle to earn followers with 2011 coming out in 3 days.

Yeah , :/ I'm not to sure we are getting it tho' if i'm right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.