The Blue Square Premier League and amazement

• Thread starter Thread starter Spud Ando
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3K

Spud Ando

Reaction score
Hi Guys if you read this and are planning on giving me advice, I thank you in advance, also this is my first post since joining Fm-Base and also i was absolutely shocked when i found out how much i could do with my football manager since i am a huge football manager fan.

Anyways i'll get to the point, if i want to be a low league team, and im talking blue square or lower what team does people recommend, someone like AFC Wimbeldon or does anyone have any other suggestions, im looking for a team that has a good potentiol to turn into a big team over time, im not looking to rush, looking to build a career in the game i can look back on when im done on that game and say hey that was fun and worth the effort, i'll look forward to any posts from any member or non-member thanks in advance.

Regards
Andy :D

afc telford was a cool team to manage, I actually climbed the divisions quite easily but got myself trapped at a point in L1, but I managed to make loads of money with that team, I stopped because of boredom but no doubt it's a team capable of going to champions if you play them well

Im in my third season in the Premier League with Braintree its the 2016/17 season and ive taken them form the Blue Square South all the way up through the leagues to the top flight, so I would say them, if you start unemployed they are one of the three clubs you can apply for jobs with, i picked them as they seemed to have the best initial setup, a few nice players to work with and potential to improve.

I tried with Bognor Regis....but that sucked to be honest. I started well but it soon when sour and when I last played was sliding towards relegation in Blue Square South. Also the wage bill was like £2,500 p/w, which was tricky.

I did however start a new game with Welling United, I loaded all the Scottish Leagues and Irish League. Also players from Wales and Northern Ireland. I got them promoted via the play offs in my first season, and in my second season am 13 games in, and 3 points off the play offs. Starting wage budget here was £5,000 p/w.

All I'll say is try and get a good parent club, I got Spurs which was cool. I loaned 1 player from them on a full season, and got various 3 month loans to push my team on at various stages. You can only have 2 full season loans in the BSS.

all the teams in bsss/bsn are similar, no wage,no transfer and no players that can kick a ball. It all comes down to what team you like best.

Bognor regis is for people who really know who to sign and just how to sell players... So if you have good tactical knowledge, then I would definetly recommend Bognor because they are a bit of a challenge, although it's not hard to keep them up...

All I'll say is try and get a good parent club, I got Spurs which was cool. I loaned 1 player from them on a full season, and got various 3 month loans to push my team on at various stages. You can only have 2 full season loans in the BSS.

I managed to get Ipswich when i was in the lower leagues, they loaned me a couple of players including a star striker for me called Simon Thomas who top scored for me and helped me get out of the conference and into the football league proper, wasnt good enough once i got into League 1 but was a great help before that. So yes a good parent club is a must, it depends on where you are in the country, somewhere on the south coast wont get Man Utd, but somewhere in the north west might.

Bognor regis is for people who really know who to sign and just how to sell players... So if you have good tactical knowledge, then I would definetly recommend Bognor because they are a bit of a challenge, although it's not hard to keep them up...

I've still got my Bognor game, I should finish the season really.

They are a good challenge though I must say, I did pretty well in the cups just sucked big time in the league.

AFC Wimbledon in the BSS. I'm into my second season with Dorchester Town (god help me) and wimbledon romped the league in my game. They seem to have a good fan base which generates income. They knocked me out of two cups and battered me in the league (b@$t&rds!!!).

Gateshead in the BSN are worth a look at

I've just passed 500 games in charge of Braintree in 4th season in the Premier League, just finished 5th, won the FA Cup and the UEFA Cup and in the new season just beat Liverpool in the Community Shield. ive built my squad up slowly, shed the players that cant cut it at the higher levels and am now in contention for the title (probably still looking at a few more years to get that), board expects me to qualify for Europe through league position.

Any BSP team is relatively easy to get to L1, it's proceeding past there which is the hard part. If you want to start in the lowest league, AFC Wimbledon are a good choice as they get a good transfer budget (16k or so) and a very high support for that league, meaning good income.

wow whoever done that all with baintree has patience, lasted a long time and did very well, thats impressive lol i chose afc wimbeldon in the end and i havnt had alot of spare time but so far im 25 points clear at the top of the table garentueed play off spot in blue square south, ive won the lower league cup and im in the final of the fa trophy
i was lucky to sign simon thomas from palace for less than 10k and he has scored a major ammount of goals making this major landslide promotion chance happen.

In my season in BSS with AFC Wimbledon it was very annoying. I was about 30 points clear of 3rd, but Team Bath wouldn't leave me alone, so I finished 1 point ahead of 2nd, but 34 ahead of 3rd!

wow whoever done that all with baintree has patience, lasted a long time and did very well, thats impressive lol i chose afc wimbeldon in the end and i havnt had alot of spare time but so far im 25 points clear at the top of the table garentueed play off spot in blue square south, ive won the lower league cup and im in the final of the fa trophy
i was lucky to sign simon thomas from palace for less than 10k and he has scored a major ammount of goals making this major landslide promotion chance happen.

Passed 500 games in charge of Braintree now in 2018 so been in charge nearly 10 years, 3rd in Premier League at the moment.

i played with dorchester they have advantage of being a pro team so getting youngsters in and improving them took a while though

Back