The Challenger Tactic (Latest Patch!) 4-3-3

• Thread starter Thread starter Dicko1878
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 5K

Dicko1878

Reaction score
The Challenger Tactic

Well I was originally going to wait until the season is over but having just got a takeover (unusally fast) for Everton my testing season with them will be now my new save to play, in addition i've had a few people asking me to upload the tactic.

So, having been influenced by watching several matches this season (I have an Everton season ticket) I decided to set out and create a tactic that stretches the opposition team and play balls through the middle whilst still using the wingers. I'm at the half way point of the season having only lost once, to Man Utd 1-0 from a set piece, and have now found myself challenging for the title in the first season... Remarkable I have to say. Heres some screenshots of the formation, table, results and key games.

Edit: I've just been looking at the stats for my profile, having only played as Everton and with this tactic so far I have only drew 12 games and lost 5 in 55 games. Thats roughly 9 (W)-2(D)- 1(L) ratio.

Formation, League Table and Results

View attachment 232036View attachment 232037View attachment 232038View attachment 232039 View attachment 233310View attachment 233311

Key Games

View attachment 232040View attachment 232041View attachment 232042View attachment 232043

Players

GK: Best you can get!
DR: Marking, Tackling, Crossing, Positioning, Work Rate (Think Baines-stlye player)
DL: Marking, Tackling, Crossing, Positioning, Work Rate (Think Baines-stlye player)
DCR: Generally the best you can get, a bit of pace if you can but not major. This should be your best header of the ball
DCL: Again the best you can get, bit of pace if you can
DM: Teamwork, Work Rate, Positioning, Stamina, Tackling, Anticipation (Defensive Mid)
MCL: Tackling, Long Shots, Passing, Work Rate, Stamina, Positioning (Box-to-Box Mid)
MCR: Passing, Creativity, Teamwork, Technique, Composure (Deep-Lying Playmaker)
AMR: Finishing, Passing, Off the ball, Teamwork, Pace (not essential), Left -footed (not a must) (Inside-Forward)
AML: Crossing, Pace, Technique, Passing (Winger)
ST: Finishing, Composure, Anticpation, Off the ball, Pace (Poacher)

Match Preparation

Pre-Season: Very High Teamwork
During Season: Average-High Teamwork

Be pleased to get your feedback... Enjoy!

Download: The Challenger Tactic

Well I was originally going to wait until the season is over but having just got a takeover (unusally fast) for Everton my testing season with them will be now my new save to play, in addition i've had a few people asking me to upload the tactic.

So, having been influenced by watching several matches this season (I have an Everton season ticket) I decided to set out and create a tactic that stretches the opposition team and play balls through the middle whilst still using the wingers. I'm at the half way point of the season having only lost once, to Man Utd 1-0 from a set piece, and have now found myself challenging for the title in the first season... Remarkable I have to say. Heres some screenshots of the formation, table, results and key games.

View attachment 232036View attachment 232037View attachment 232038View attachment 232039

Key Games

View attachment 232040View attachment 232041View attachment 232042View attachment 232043

Players

DR: Marking, Tackling, Crossing, Positioning, Work Rate (Think Baines-stlye player)
DL: Marking, Tackling, Crossing, Positioning, Work Rate (Think Baines-stlye player)
DCR: Generally the best you can get, a bit of pace if you can but not major. This should be your best header of the ball
DM: Teamwork, Work Rate, Positioning, Stamina, Tackling, Anticipation (Defensive Mid)
MCL: Tackling, Long Shots, Passing, Work Rate, Stamina, Positioning (Box-to-Box Mid)
AMR: Finishing, Passing, Off the ball, Teamwork, Pace (not essential), Left -footed (not a must) (Inside-Forward)

Match Preparation

During Season: Average-High Teamwork

Download: The Challenger Tactic

View attachment 232036View attachment 232037View attachment 232038View attachment 232039

Key Games

Players

Match Preparation

During Season: Average-High Teamwork, Attacking Movement (if you want more goals)
OI: Handled by assistant manager
Pitch Size: Maximum allowed

IMPORTANT!

Ive been experimenting in the next season with this save and, depending on which striker role your striker plays best as (e.g. Demba Ba - advanced forward), simply change the role of the striker in the tactic to that role, it gets even more goals!

PHILOSOPHIES!

- Winning change to standard in the 70-75th minute to minimise conceeding late on
- Team cant score, swtich to attacking around the 60th minute, 75th minute switch to overload
- Away from home and/or struggling switch to standard or counter (use your judgement)

Download: Johns 4-3-3.tac

John

Last edited:
Pitch size, OI? Trying it out with Betis.

Sorry I knew I forgot something, OI are set by the assistant manager and the pitch size is maximum. Ill update the OP now thanks

Ok, i've played 15 games with pretty good record: 9 won, 1 draw, 5 lost. It works great at home, but away its way too exposed, especially for a **** team. Still a good tactic, i'd just recommend using different one for away games.

Ok, i've played 15 games with pretty good record: 9 won, 1 draw, 5 lost. It works great at home, but away its way too exposed, especially for a **** team. Still a good tactic, i'd just recommend using different one for away games.

Yeah im currently developing one as we speak, anything youd like to point out that makes the tactic exposed?

Thanks for the feedback.

For me it was defensive lane pushed too far up, also would change passing to bit more direct, strategy to counter, maybe. To be fair, though i did play with Betis, so better teams may not have to struggle away at all. :)

How was your CML doing? For me he wasnt preforming at all, no matter whom i played there. I have used two different players at that position and their avarage ratings after those 15 games were below 6.6, so maybe chaning BBM role to something different would be worth considering.

Anyway, i enjoyed using it, probably still would if i havent got bored with the save. ;) Will definitely test the counter one, once you make it. Good luck.

I'm doing quite well away from home, albeit most of the games i've drew have been away from home... i'm working on the defensive line now.

As for the MCL, he isnt performing as well as he could for me either, that said I've made him a BBM purely to keep the team defensively solid. Although because im playing Rodwell there and hes quite decent at long shots he bags them a bit for me.

Overall thanks for the feedback and ill look into what you said, try the tactic with another team and see how you get on =]

OP has been updated with the final table and results, I won the league in the first season and I'm exceptionally happy with that!

Everythink was good but after 10 matches win streak I have now only draw :((? why

I am Playing team from Polish leauge and have cup with worse team and only draw and I won finally in penalty, but in leauge vs worse team 2-2, 1-1 i dont know why I have the same with other tactics but this was perfect

I am Playing team from Polish leauge and have cup with worse team and only draw and I won finally in penalty, but in leauge vs worse team 2-2, 1-1 i dont know why I have the same with other tactics but this was perfect

Best thing to do is to see what types of goals your conceeding and tweak the tactic a little, e.g. if you have slow CBs then drop the defensive line deeper

Back