The Champions in Red-An FC Twente Story

ryanpokekool

Reaction score
What were they thinking?
The board of Dutch club FC Twente have shocked their fans at the grolsch veste with the sacking of manager Co Adriaanse who had only just joined the club in June 2011.

Our team of reporters caught up with Joop Munsterman chairman of the club

(FC Twente Press conference)

Reporter
“Joop,what was you thinking sacking the manager after only a few days in charge?”

Joop Munsterman
“I did not sack Co,After a few days at the job i didn’t feel he was working well with the players so we came in a mutual agreement to release him from the contract”

Reporter
“I see, But its normal to take a while to gel with the players, couldn’t you have waited through the pre-season to see if the performances were of your standard?”

Joop Munsterman
“I stand by what I have said, I was disappointed with the lack of confidence he was showing the team, whilst I understand that I could have waited, the team lost faith in each other and that’s not want I want, but I wish him luck for the future”

We have spoken to former FC Twente manager Co Adriaanse who claimed that he was forced out of the club and he didn’t agree to the termination of his contract.

FC Twente announce unknown manager

FC Twente have announced unknown south African Bally Smart as there manager on a €5,750 contract,expiring 2013
It is seen as a surprise appointment considering his lack of the experience.

(FC Twente Press Conference)

Reporter
"Welcome to FC Twente are you glad to be here?"

Bally Smart

“I’m delighted to become manager of such a big club like FC Twente, it is a great experience for me and I will try to repay the faith shown in me”

Reporter
“Hmm, but as a native south African won’t you struggle to get your ideas across due to the difference in languages

Bally Smart

“I do not see that as a problem as I speak Afrikaans which is a very similar language to Dutch”

Reporter
“What can you say your tactical philosophy is?”

Bally Smart

“I can’t confirm anything I will examine the players to see how they play then I will decide on a strategy”

Reporter
“That shall be all thanks, goodbye”

Last edited:
Smart Takes Youth in high regard

On his first day of his job at FC Twente in the welcoming board meeting where he met the staff he would be working with and the People he will be working under Bally Smart claimed his main aims were to improve the future of the club.

It has been suggested that Bally Smart has asked the board to expand the youth Academy so the players can reach their potential, along with this he has also asked the board to use more of the money on junior coaching so better youth players can come through to the youth team. Smart has also asked for a trial day to find some new players to add to the team.

We can suggest that the board have accepted these requests and we should soon see the differences soon.

Disappointing Trials

Twente boss Bally Smart confirms he has signed none of the players he had had on trial with the club as they did not play to a standard he would have liked. Although he did have praise for Sergio Hellings who won the man of the match award, defensively he looked in control but his would be better off at a team where he gets first team opportunities.

New Signing
Bally Smart, manager of FC Twente has announced the signing of 25 year old left-back Knut Olav Rindarøy from Molde ,The fee is estimated at €725,000 and was easy to conclude because of his lack of playing time at Molde.
View attachment 204349View attachment 204351

Last edited:
Wesley Verhoek joins FC Twente
View attachment 204350View attachment 204352
FC Twente have announced the signing of 24 year old Dutch right winger Wesley Verhoek, It is suggested the fee of the transfer is around the 5 million mark and the winger has penned a €9750 a week 4 year contract

Off to a good start
View attachment 204380View attachment 204345
FC Twente started their pre-season on a high-note with a great 4-0 victory over minnows Dayton Dutch Lions goals from Marc Janko, Rasmus Bengtsson, Willem Janssen and Luuk De Jong confined them to defeat

Last edited:
Lucky Strike from Rosales bags the victory

View attachment 204383

A lucky win over a good Libertad side.Luuk De Jong put FC Twente in front with a screamer from outside the box after a good free-kick from Emir Bajrami, Libertad equalised a few minutes later with a well struck effort from Canuto. In the 92nd​ minute of a four minutes stoppage time Roberto Rosales over-powered his cross which crept into the net to give FC Twente a victory they deserved.
We caught up with manager Bally Smart after the game.

(Press Conference)

Reporter
“How would you rate your team’s performance tonight?”

Bally Smart
“I can’t flaw the team’s performance but I was a little disappointed with one or two players, but in the end we got the win we deserved”

Reporter
“Roberto Rosales looked delighted after the winner, how would you rate it?”

Bally Smart
“I’m delighted for him it was a great goal, but as it was supposed to be a cross I will be talking to him about training more with crossing”

Reporter
“Luuk De Jong was injured in the match, can you confirm the extent of the injury?”

Bally Smart
“Luuk is going for some scans later, he was complaining of pain in his chest so it’s probably something to do with his ribs”

Reporter
“That should be enough, Thanks”

De Jong out for 5 weeks with broken ribs
View attachment 204381
Follow a collision in the match against Libertad, FC Twente’s medical staff confirmed the extent of the injury he had suffered.The injury has been confirmed as broken ribs and he will be out for 5 – 6 weeks.

Gebben Joins Go Ahead
View attachment 204440
FC Twente can confirm the departure of German centre back Peter Gebben to go ahead on a season-long loan to aid his development so he can reach his high potential

Man U pair join FC Twente
View attachment 204442
Due to the affiliation with Manchester united, FC Twente have received Mame Biram Diouf and Federico Macheda on season-long loans which will cost them nothing, currently it is suspected that Diouf will get to play first team until Luuk De Jong recovers whilst Macheda has to make do with the bench.
View attachment 204444View attachment 204443
The Reds manage draw at Stade Gaston-Gérard
View attachment 204445View attachment 204447
FC Twente will feel they could have won the game as they dominated once again.
Twente did not get off to a good start after 4 minutes a foul from Douglas enabled Sékou Baradji to score a 25-yard free-kick, FC Twente went ahead with 2 Willem Janssen penalties.In the 79th​ minute winger Eric Bauthéac score the equaliser.

Timo Horn leaves Koln
View attachment 204446
18 year-old German goalkeeper Timo Horn has left Koln in favour of a €1.4M move to FC Twente. Timo Horn has shown his delight in the move.
“I can’t wait to pull the shirt on and make my professional debut”

Last edited:
FC Twente ease past Rapid București
View attachment 204455View attachment 204460
FC Twente defeat Rapid București at Giulești – Valentin Stănescu,FC Twente started the first half well with Federico Macheda testing the keeper early on,in the 11th​ minute Willem Janssen sent his penalty into the post and then Macheda had he rebound saved,FC Twente’s first goal came in the 13th​ minute when Wesley Verhoek coolly slotted the ball past Livio Toma, Andrej Rendla put the game to bed with a well-struck goal after a suburb pass from Macheda.

Diouf vs. Duisburg
View attachment 204456View attachment 204461
Diouf scored a suburb hat-trick as FC Twente Thrashed Duisburg 7-2.Willem Janssen
Opened the scoring at 18 minutes where he slotted the ball past the opponent keeper, Macheda increased Twente’s league in the 25 minute before Mame Biram Diouf make it 3-0 on 28 minutes. Macheda scored his second on 46 minutes.In the second half Mame Biram Diouf scored twice and janssen scored once.Sade Jiayli scored twice during the match but it was already over for his team.

Smart Interested in Beckham
View attachment 204459
FC Twente Manager Bally Smart claims that he is interested in signing veteran English midfielder David Beckham on a free transfer once his L.A Galaxy contract runs out in November.

“David is a very good player, I hope he considers this interest as I’m sure he would like a new step in his career, I know many other managers are interested in him and I don’t blame them he is a very talented player, but I hope we can sign him before he gets snapped up by another club”

We spoke to David Beckham in L.A regarding FC Twente

Reporter
“So FC Twente have announced there interest in you, what do you think?”

David Beckham
“FC Twente are a very good team and one of the best in Holland but I don’t think I will fit in with the Dutch style of play”

Reporter
“So you won’t consider playing for them?”

David Beckham
“I Can’t rule anything in or out, I’m just going to wait and see if there are more clubs interested in signing me”

Last edited:
FC Twente Misfiring
View attachment 204465View attachment 204462
Despite the match against Banfield ending 1-0 in FC Twente’s favour the quality of finishing was terrible. Willem janssen hit the bar from a penalty and missed a glorious opportunity to put the visitors ahead by the chance went begging, Luckily Federico Macheda manager to put Twente in front on 72 Minutes. We spoke to Bally Smart, Manager of FC Twente who obviously was not happy.

Reporter
“A narrow win for your side today, how would you rate it?”

Bally Smart
“I’m glad we got the win we totally dominated the match but we were let down a lot by the quality of finishing”

Lets hope for Twente's sake that the quality of shooting improves before the final against Ajax.
Who will win the Dutch Super Cup?
View attachment 204463
The nation of Holland are waiting for the kick-off of FC Twente VS AFC Ajax in the Dutch Super Cup, Ajax are considered favourites as they have a home advantage and FC Twente are missing a few key players, However FC Twente’s Mame Biram Diouf has said:

“Ajax are considered favourites for this cup match but I think me and the team have a great chance of winning, we are missing Nicky (Kuiper) and Luuk (De Jong) but we have good squad depth and the missing players should have good replacements”

Bally Smart has also said:

“We can win this cup and start the season on a high, I will make sure the players understand the importance of this match and we all hope we can give the fans something to cheer about”

The Line-Ups:
View attachment 204466

Last edited:
FC Twente in cup triumph
View attachment 204496
FC Twente have retained the Dutch Super Cup for the second time in a row goals from Wout Brama and Federico Macheda gave Twente a unexpected victory against rivals Ajax. Wout Brama scored a great volley in the 21st​ minute whilst Macheda rounded up the victory on the 72nd minute

Ajax but feel slightly hard done by as they had some great attacking play but were let down by their defence, we spoke to Bally Smart manager of FC Twente.

Reporter
“So you have won the Dutch Super cup how do you feel?”

Bally Smart
“I can’t believe it, I couldn’t expect anymore than that performance it feels great to win my first match and competition, it gives me confidence to win more cups.

We got the thoughts of the Twente scorers:

Federico Macheda
“I can’t believe it, this is the first medal of my career and to believe I helped win it

Wout Brama
“The winning goal against Ajax in the cup scored by me I’m feeling really pumped for the game against Odense BK”

A Message From the Author-

Whilst i enjoy making this story,i'm unsure as to if you actually enjoy reading as the sections each are very time consuming,as to improve the feel of the story I have had to edit a few pictures to fit the story.
Do be afraid to say you do not enjoy it,as I would prefer that to you not telling me and me wasting my time.

Also if you have ideas and/or criticism just tell me :)
Ryan

I'm not going to lie, progress on this is becoming very slow mostly to school commitments there will be some updates coming soon through

Unlucky Twente
View attachment 207001View attachment 207006
FC Twente were unfortunate to only manage a draw again Odense BK as they enjoyed 60% possession as well as having 21 shots, The goal from Odense BK came from Ramus Falk who scored a tap-in on 46 minutes, the equalising goal came from Mame Biram Diouf. Questions have been raised over FC Twente’s defence as they spent the majority of the game unfocused and had shown a clear sign of lack of confidence.
We spoke to Bally Smart

Reporter:
“Another strong performance that led to a poor result how do you feel”

Bally Smart
“It is really frustrating that we struggled to beat Odense. I can’t believe the nervousness and lack of interest they were showing, I don’t know if it is because of me joining the club as manager, if that is the reason I think I already have proved my worth by defeating Ajax who arguably one of the best teams in Europe.”

Bally Smart will be hoping the team improve for the return leg as the squad should contain Luuk De Jong who is training again following broken ribs.

FC Twente suffer double Injury
View attachment 207002
The Medical staff of FC Twente can reveal that left winger Nacer Chadii has got a calf strain in training and will be out for 3 weeks, also at FC Twente young keeper, Timo Horn has been suffering from food poisoning and will be out for about 5 days

Last edited:
Following! Great story mate!
Are you dutch or did you just wanted a challenge with Twente?