The Change! (Tottenham Hotspur Story)

• Thread starter Thread starter whitto
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3K

whitto

Reaction score
Today England have gained possibly the best English manager of the current generation!

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club released this statement early this morning:

"Their had been many rumors since Fabio Capello resigned from his role with the England National Team, Harry has been the press, players and fans number one choice to take up the reigns from the Italian.

We as a football club cannot stay in the way of him! He's done great things since joining us from Portsmouth.

He turned the club around from potential relegation and turned us into a solid top 4 team competing for silverware!

We at Tottenham Hotspur wish Harry all the best in his future endeavours with the English National Team!
"

"We will now conduct an extensive search for a new Manager, who will not only want to win, but win at all levels of the football pyramid! The U18's and Reserve teams have been a forgotten thing with previous managers! We are hoping that the next Manager will be able to take the reigns of the whole club, not just first team activities! "

Daniel Levy
Chairman
Tottenham Hotspur FC

Good start here will follow and looking forward to it. Been waiting for someone to do a Tottenham story with speculation in reality about harry but hope you do well buddy.

Thanks dudes! Hopefully the unveiling of the new manager will come tonight or tomorrow night, depending on how much time i get!

Tottenham Hotspur Announce New Manager

Today Tottenham Hotspur FC have announced the signing of Timothy Jefferson an English American former Sunday League Footballer, on a 2-year deal!

We have the pleasure in joining Mr Jeffersons first press conference!

[Reporter] - First of all a question for you Daniel! May I call you Daniel? or is it Mr Levy?

[Daniel Levy] - Daniel will be fine!

[Reporter] - I think I'm probably speaking for the whole of North London by asking WHO IS TIMOTHY JEFFERSON?

[Daniel Levy] - Simple answer... He is the new manager of Tottenham Hotspur FC! Ill let Timohty go into a bit more detail about himself!

[Timothy Jefferson] - I'd like to introduce myself to you all here today, first of thank you all for turning up! Im an English born American citizen who has been learning my trade out in America since the age of 18! Granted I've never played a high level of football or even coached or managed a high level of football. But I've been analysing Football or Soccer as its called out in the States nearly all my life. I have produced research that OptaStats can only dream of collecting over my lifetime, and this research won't stop even though I'm the Manager of Spurs, I will be researching into new players for all parts of the clubs whether its youth team players or first team players! We at Tottenham Hotspur are ONE TEAM! Not individual teams! We play together we train together!

[Reporter] - Wow! Your talking like a season professional! I think us reporters will like you! So tell me Timothy what are your first season objectives?

[Timothy Jefferson] - Well, of course the main objective is to retain our place in Europe! Maybe get Spurs back into the Champions League, after last season we made plenty of surprises! So a good solid top 6 in the league? Top 4 is a possibility! I want to make a few quality signings in areas which we are lacking and also are lacking in cover! Id like to build a stable formation which will be used throughout every team at Tottenham from the U18s upwards! I will take sole charge of all the teams and if some players catch my eyes from the Youth Team then they will be promoted! I'd like the Youth Team to win their league, it maybe a big ask in the 1st season but from what I've seen over the past few years its definitely achievable!

I hope I've answered some of your early questions however the U16s have a game in a little less then half an hour, and its my job to make sure they come through the ranks at the club so I'm going to have to leave you!
Thanks for your questions, I'm sure we will meet again!!

[Daniel Levy] - Commitment to the club! Exactly what i wanted!

[Reporter] - Mr Levy, Mr Jefferson. Thank You for your time!

First Signing

Today I'm pleased to announce my first signing as Manager of Tottenham Hotspur FC....

José María Gutiérrez Hernández commonly known around the football world as Guti!

Guti has an extensive CV playing over 400 games of football in two of the worlds best leagues!

Ive been a fan of Guti all my life. He's been one of the best attacking midfielders in world football this century. Although he is nearly 35 years of age, i think he will give us that bit of experience and drive that we need to push towards that Champions League place! At £10,000 a week his wages are a snip! You see professional players nowadays getting £100,000+ per week and at a £20m pound transfer fee, its just not possible for us at the moment, instead I get experience, a winner, cheap wages and no transfer fee.

I think this transfer was a no brainer!

With the transfer fee being nothing, we've still got plenty of money to invest into players or other areas of the club! So I can guarantee this wont be the last time you'll get a press conference regarding new players at White Hart Lane this month!

View attachment 233231
Guti revealed in the new Tottenham Hotspur Home Kit 2011/2012

An Evening with Guillem Balague...

Welcome everybody to An Evening with Guillem Balague, Im your host Guillem Balague.

Today we have a special guest on the show for you. None other then an Ex Real Madrid Midfielder who looked like he was going to finish his career with Besiktas before a some what shock summer move to Tottenham Hotspur.

So welcome Guti my friend, you must be over the moon with a move to the English Premier League?

Si, I am happy to finally get the chance to errr play in the English Premier League. Tott-en-ham is a great club, in a great city, London has been a great place for many of Englands biggest clubs. Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester Utd have a big fan base their.

Are you happy to be playing in the famous white of Spurs?

Si, very happy, very happy indeed!

What are your expectations?

To win the Premier League, to help my team, to score goals, to create chances for my team mates!

Do you already know of any of the Tottenham team on a personal level?

Errrrr Gio Dos Santos I know from his Barcelona days, he speaks Spanish so hopefully ill be able to hold down a conversation in my mother tongue with him. But no not too many players I know a personal level. I had a brief spell with Rafael (Van Der Vaart) whilst at Madrid but i suppose their was that many of us vying for that Attacking Midfield role we didn't get along.

What about players contending for that spot now? Tottenham have quite a few attack minded midfielders which can play in the same position?

True their is me, Rafael, Niko, Gio, Luka but my career is winding down, I've came here to help out and to win trophies, if Timothy (The Manager) didn't think I was good enough to play, I wouldn't of made the move!

Thank you for your time Guti. I wish you all the best at Tottenham Hotspur FC

Guillem Out!

This is quality mate. Great detail in here too. The signing of Guti is a signing I wouldn't have thought of. He should work well with VDV though. You keeping giovanni Dos Santos?

This is quality mate. Great detail in here too. The signing of Guti is a signing I wouldn't have thought of. He should work well with VDV though. You keeping giovanni Dos Santos?

Thanks man! Hopefully get a new update out tonight with pre season stuff! Yes I kept Gio but he was some what surplus to requirements so he didn't make too many appearences.

He becomes good in game though. Maybe loan him. Take a look at my story for some tips if you like? It's the Barcelona one. Keep it up bud.

He becomes good in game though. Maybe loan him. Take a look at my story for some tips if you like? It's the Barcelona one. Keep it up bud.

Thanks dude! Will check it out! I loaned him for half a season to Dortmund but he came back at end of season so may use him bit more in my 2nd season!

First Team Pre Season​

Tottenham Hotspurs v Tottenham Hotspur Reserves 3-0
Modric (54)
Defoe (73)
Saha (88)

View attachment 233895

St Johnstone v Tottenham Hotspur 0-1
Adebayor (7)

View attachment 233896

Pachuca v Tottenham Hotspur 0-4
Van Der Vaart (40)
Bale (43)
Saha (76,89)

View attachment 233897

Tottenham Hotspur v Sporting 1-0
Van Der Vaart (82)

View attachment 233898

Steaua Bucharest v Tottenham Hotspur 0-3
Adebayor (41)
Modric (56)
Gavrila OG (85)

View attachment 233895

Leyton Orient v Tottenham Hotspur 0-3
Defoe (20)
Adebayor (24,39)

View attachment 233896

San Jose Earthquakes v Tottenham Hotspur 2-3
Bale (56)
Modric (75)
Guti (83)

View attachment 233899

Tottenham Hotspur v Fiorentina 3-0
Van Der Vaart (Pen 36)
Lennon (64)
Dawson (69)

View attachment 233900

[Reporter] - So Timothy, how has pre season gone for the first team?

[Timothy Jefferson] - Well what can I say? Guess I can't really complain, we've won every game and only conceded the 2 goals away in my native country, which i wasn't too shocked about, Ive seen the Earthquakes on many occasions, and i think a normal Premier League manager would go their and want to spank them 5-0. Thats not the case, their a well drilled unit and made things hard for us!

[Reporter] - Thank you for your time Timothy, all the best for the season ahead!

[Timothy Jefferson] - Pleasure as always!

[Reporter] - Has any of your players stood out during pre season?

[Timothy Jefferson] - Luka has been very impressive which is normal a he a is a top top player! Ive been happy that whoever i seemed to stick upfront they seem to have bagged! Ade has fit straight into the team as the lead figure in the attacking line! Guti has also came in and gave that bit of experience i asked of him when signing his contract forms! So we start the season in good form!

Great start mate, really like it, and will def follow as i'm a season ticket holder at the Lane.

Check my story out when u can. Green Army one.

Cheers

Back