The citizen way! Experienced Team / Inexperience Manager, Can it create Success?

AlexOrion

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forums this is in fact my first ever post, only started playing Football manager 2 days ago but seem to be getting the hang of it. I am an arsenal fan however before diving into a challenging experience i thought id learn the ropes a little easier and give myself Manchester City for my first ever Season. My challenge ive set myself is to take the successful defending champions and see if the inexperienced manager (Myself) Can back up the expectation upon.

Manchester City: The Citizen Way
Season Beginning

Ok so it begins the debut season, i decided to keep the current squad not letting anyone go yet as im learning the ropes and am not sure how hard injuries etc hit throughout seasons so just to be safe wont be selling anyone at this stage left the reserve squad to my assistant to start with as well so a few loans etc im sure he will take care of, first goal is to start building a new formation and tactics. and then getting them to build and become effective. Ive decided to add a player to my current plans in the form of Mario Gotze

ScreenShot2013-10-01at94040PM_zps63f83b09.png

He seems to be a great buy for me although i spent way to much on him and broke the bank i feel that he is my main signing i want to build around this season, He came from Dortmund where he has just come off winning the Cup aswell as the super cup and is also in the current German under 21's Squad with 15 appearances and 2 goals.

So Starting out with the friendlies just testing out some differant players getting a feel for the game, ive given the players an intense training regime to focus on tactics and have also made all players not currently match fit to be available for the reserve squad, and each individual player has been given training roles where i wanted them to improve.

ScreenShot2013-10-01at94140PM_zps4f685996.png

Was not the greatest of pre-seasons however learning how to use the shoutbox etc has been fun and getting used to everything including the new formation, so remaining unbeaten i guess cant be too unhappy about it. With 3 draws and 2 wins the team looks like there starting to get some good harmony about them, watching the first few games they were shaky and i feel ive conceded too many with 8 goals for and 5 against, but not sure so some feedback on that would be great. The most recent game against FCP was a great game to watch down 1-0 at half time before making a change and tweeking the tactics for Mario Gotze who was on debut, he came out second half and scored 2 goals both from solo runs the second deflected of the woodwork and he volleyed it in for the finish, he also scored a third that was a through ball however he was flagged for offside so great debut performance leaves alot of confidence with the signing and i expect great things from him now. he picked up an 8.6 rating has great moral and is an absolute wonder kid he has amazing creativity stats and is signed up for 4 years.

Now this is my current Squad formation heading into the Community Shield against Chelsea a chance to grab early silverware hopefully that keeps the board happy as my expectations on me are favourites to win the league.

Have decided to update this regular so look for another update tomorrow from me as i look to play a bit of this save over night.