Pr1cey17

Reaction score

So inspired by coolmcool's United story i have decided to embark on a save with United where i hope to emulate one of the most iconic group of players in football history... the class of '92.

I will only sign homegrown players and develop players using the youth system in the hope that eventually i will be able to bring through a group of English/British players who will form the backbone of a team who achieves European and domestic domination.

Any input on targets to sign and layout/style of story would be great.

Squad Review View attachment 217224

With the first season fast approaching i have identified the following 3 players as key in what i am trying to achieve with United. They may not be seen as the best players at the club but if we are to develop young homegrown talent their input both on and off the pitch is vital

David De Gea

View attachment 217223

David stayed at the club almost by default over the summer and while he is at the club i will be looking to him to lead both on and off the pitch. He is still young and could be our keeper for the next ten years... assuming i can keep him out of Madrid' grasp.

Chris Smalling

View attachment 217222

I will be making Smalling our vice captain this season in a hope it will bring the best out of him. He will be asked to mentor players like Reece Oxford and with the Euros in the summer it could prove to be a vital season for club and country.

Wayne Rooney

View attachment 217221

Wayne has many critics and i am hoping that by playing him in a deeper role where goals won't be demanded as much will reduce some of the pressure on the club captain. He should be a player in his prime and an ideal role model for any player coming through our ranks, he is an example of what can be achieved by a home grown player.

Potential StarsView attachment 217220

There are a few players in the quad who have the potential to make an impact in the squad, i have identified two of these players who although primarily being used as impact players could challenge the senior players for a starting spot.

Andreas Pereira

View attachment 217218

Andreas is yet to make a big impact on the first team squad and this season without the ability to bring in added firepower in the wide positions he will be looked at to provide backup. He won't just be used off the bench, he will be asked to start games and prove why he should be around the first team.

Anthony Martial

View attachment 217219

The worlds most expensive teenager has a lot to live up to after his summer transfer and with the lack of a world class out and out striker he will definitely get his chance. I have a couple of targets i mind that will take some of the pressure off of Anthony but for now he is my prime striker.​

Pre Season & Big SigningView attachment 217217

With pre season now at a close i can look back at a successful run of games that saw us win 6 of our 9 games scoring a very impressive 25 goals in the process. We won against the teams we would expect to beat and played well against strong opposition. Memphis, Martial and Pereira all with goals that will give them confidence going into the season.

View attachment 217164

Harry Kane

View attachment 217214

I didn't want to spend as much money on one player but i felt the centre forward position needed addressing. With the homegrown player rule in place the obvious choice was Harry Kane, we initially agreed a deal that involved Carrick moving in the opposite direction but when Michael declined the move more money was needed to seal the deal. I will be looking for him to lead the line for years to come and make a big impact befitting the big price tag.

Last edited: