walkerdcfc23

Reaction score
View attachment 291000

Clough sacked! Shock as rookie Walker takes charge

View attachment 291001
It emerged from Pride Park today that Nigel Clough had been sacked by the Rams after a bust up with chariman Andy Appleby.

A replacement was put in place immediately in the shape of life-long fan Alex Walker, this was Walker's first job in management.

Earlier today Sky Sports News managed to speak briefly to the new boss, on his way into the training ground

Sky Sports: So Alex, this is your first job in management how far realisticly can you take your beloved Rams?

Walker: That is a silly question, we can go anywhere with me at the helm.

Sky Sports: Your clearly confident in your own ability even though this is your first role in management, what do..

(Walker interrupts the reporter)

Walker: If you had the ability I have you would also be confident, now please.

View attachment 291002
Aims
Reach the play-offs
No real aim for the Capital One cup as fringe players will be used
Reach the quarter final of the FA Cup

I know realisticly those aims are going to be tough to complete them all, but I am confident that we will be able to. Being a Derby fan I know alot about the club and the players so I know what areas I need to strengthen, I think we definetley need a new left back as Roberts will probably sold as he is long past his peak, then maybe another central midfielder to give the squad more depth.

I will be looking to give the likes of Will Hughes, Mason Bennett, Josh Lelan etc a chance in the first team as they are all very good young players.

I think promotion can be gained easily in the first season but it is going to need hard work from the players to get there.

Good luck mate, try fend of the vultures that will circle round hughsie and bennett, look forward to your updates with great enthusiasm!

i do a derby save too :) in my 1st season i used bennet as my 1st choice striker and i decided not to try Josh Lelan and decided to convert Valentin to lb instead

Transfers and Pre-season
Transfers in
Zeki Fryers- Standard- Loan (10k pm)
Rudi Skacel- Free
Lee Wallace- Rangers- 2.5 million
Transfers out
Saul Deeney- Bristol City- 40k
Gareth Roberts- Rangers- 20k
James Bailey- Cheltenham- Loan

Overall very happy with the signings I managed to make, first signed Zeki Fryers to be my first choice left back but when I got a scout report on Lee Wallace it was an opportunity I couldn’t resist so straight away began making efforts to try and sign him, managed to capture him for 2.5 mill, most of the fee paid over 48 months. Deeney was dead wood at the club and he was my 4th​ choice keeper so I transfer listed him instantly, Gareth Roberts in my opinion is past his peak so I made the decision to let him go for a small fee of 20k and I think I replaced him very well with Wallace and Fryers. James Bailey was on the verge of moving to Charlton for 200k but the move broke down which I was gutted about and Charlton were the only party really interested, so only managed to loan him out.

Pre Season
I left all the friendlies to my capable assistant Gary Crosby.
Derby 1-1 Derby Reserves (Nathan Tyson 83)
FC United 0-4 Derby County (Jamie Ward 10, Craig Bryson 12, Conor Sammon 15, 54)
Colchester 0-1 Derby County (Ben Davies 71)
Derby County 0-1 Napoli
Burton 2-3 Derby County (Conor Doyle 15, 45, 48)
After a positive pre-season I was confident going into my first game of the season a capital one cup match away versus Preston.

August- Fantastic start to the season, brilliant first game of the season leeds away

Update coming soon

The next monthly posts will have more depth to them just was in a hurry to get the pre season and transfer summary out the way lol enjoy

i do a derby save too :) in my 1st season i used bennet as my 1st choice striker and i decided not to try Josh Lelan and decided to convert Valentin to lb instead

Hows yours going? Bennett will be given a chance but all depends if he takes it whether he plays or not, I think Valentin will partner Keogh in defence

Hows yours going? Bennett will be given a chance but all depends if he takes it whether he plays or not, I think Valentin will partner Keogh in defence

on mine O'Brien partners Keogh with Valentin learning to play LB, it's going well but with one up front it requires a lot of work from Hughes Hendrick and Bryson to create also I play very narrow and that can be frustrating at times having no natural width

i used my own 4231 tactic and played mason bennett as an amr where he was amazing connor salmon scored 34 league goals also will hughes was also amazing in january i tied him down to along term deal i was given 7.25 mil to spend in 1st season in the prem im currently half way thru the 2nd season i will post screen shots of that when complete im 6th at the min