the effective age of footballer in FM

• Thread starter Thread starter alaneinvi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3K

alaneinvi

Reaction score
dear all FM expert,

i have a question about the age of footballer.

i manage man city now and of course they have best player. and they are growing old.

how can i know the exact age to sell them ( when they career finihied? ) so i can replced them with the young one!

anyone can help for each position?

Thanks after all ...

Depends what kind of footballing philosophy you have. I tend to sell players in the last year of their peak so as to get the most money from their sale. Typically around the age of 29-30. And replace them with young players, to reduce the average age of the squad. Goalkeepers are an exception though. you could sell them at 29-30 or even up to 32-33. But usually, I sell them in what I think is the last year of their peak. And don't sell them just for the sake of it, sell them when you have proper replacements for them :)

Depends what kind of footballing philosophy you have. I tend to sell players in the last year of their peak so as to get the most money from their sale. Typically around the age of 29-30. And replace them with young players, to reduce the average age of the squad. Goalkeepers are an exception though. you could sell them at 29-30 or even up to 32-33. But usually, I sell them in what I think is the last year of their peak. And don't sell them just for the sake of it, sell them when you have proper replacements for them :)

thanks but i managing man city and this club has ton of money. so i just want to get the very best of my player until last drop...

i mean until he not suit to carry on the expectation of big club, so i can replaced him with already sell superstar!

any suggestion in every position based on my managing style.

any way thanks

Ok yeah, money won't be a problem will it. haha. Well, then just sell them when they're past their peak. After every season, you get a a training report where your assistant manager tells you which players are on the decline. They usually begin to drop attributes very fast. So just sell them then.

a player is old when he stops dominating his role like he use to in his prime
thats mostly when his attributes drop, so its all invididual, depends on the player
since your City i think with the right training approach Aguero could play and dominate till he is 36 37,

Ok yeah, money won't be a problem will it. haha. Well, then just sell them when they're past their peak. After every season, you get a a training report where your assistant manager tells you which players are on the decline. They usually begin to drop attributes very fast. So just sell them then.

okkk i dont know about the training report coul be usefull.

thanks mate.

a player is old when he stops dominating his role like he use to in his prime
thats mostly when his attributes drop, so its all invididual, depends on the player
since your City i think with the right training approach Aguero could play and dominate till he is 36 37,

so its only depend on individual. basically FM didnt have any clear boundary in age parameter, lesson learned!!

thanks mate

I would start getting rid of players how are 'past it' just when they reached the age of 29-30. That's for outfielders though. GK's are a different, but if your 2nd choice keeper is like 25 years old, and you have barely let him play a game, expect him to moan about wanting first team chances and to leave the club.

But I still have RVP, 33, still scoring for fun though :P

yeah, every manager is different. i get rid of my players when they're 29-30, so i can get maximum value for them, and i can introduce my regens or youngsters.

Around their 30's ! Just make sure to keep a few " experienced heads " for tutoring . Keep the ones with the best personality ( Model professional , determined , ambitious .... ) or/and the best mental attributes !

It's odd that people say they are getting rid of players at 29-30. I find that once players get to 'about' 32 before they drop off. I tend to keep them for a year as a bench player (while doing tutoring) so that, even though they do not get many games under their belt, they help the club in other ways for that year. I usually release them after that -_-

I get rid of any outfielder as soon as they hit 30, goalkeepers when they hit 33.

They literally go straight on the transfer list on their birthday and you can get anywhere up too about £12-15m depending on how good they are.

In my experience, about 99% of the players in this game drop off dramatically at age 33. It is almost a joke. That striker that was aces at 32 can't buy a goal at 33. That left defender who had no problem keeping up with the pacey winger at 32 gets scorched at 33. For that reason, I never keep a player past 32 ever. All of my contract years end at 32.

It's odd that people say they are getting rid of players at 29-30. I find that once players get to 'about' 32 before they drop off. I tend to keep them for a year as a bench player (while doing tutoring) so that, even though they do not get many games under their belt, they help the club in other ways for that year. I usually release them after that -_-

i always get rid of players at 29-30. even 28 sometimes. usually because i can get a lot of money for them, and i am comfortable with the replacements i have. I play a youth to gold system and usually win stuff with an average squad age of 22. That's where my average squad age is usually at. And that also leads to an excellent financial situation. Of course, if I fail to find a good enough young replacement, I do retain my players till about 31-32.

Hmmm I do find it suprising that people just offload players when they reach 29-30.

I think it depends on many different factors to be honest, performances, injuries, attributes and wether you have good players coming through or transfer targets.

Some players don`t deteriorate until 32. Goalkeepers in some cases until 33-34.....

It really does depend on the player to be honest as a central mid who is a playmaker does not neceseraly need pace and so as long as his other attributes don`t drop I dont see the problem.

Defenders generally get better and better and although sometimes their speed drops other attributes increase like mentality.

I think the main players to watch when they reach 30 are wingers as generally you want good pace.

I can understand why you would want to sell a player at the age of 29-30 to get a good value in the transfer but if i`ve had a player who has spent 6-7 years at the club and done really well I really struggle to get rid of them!

Ha maybe just me but I`ve kept players until they retire at the club and often offer then coach roles too.

Back