mkempdillon

Reaction score
View attachment 385872

Hi Guys! As it's drawing towards the end of the season people, including myself, begin getting a little bit bored of FM. As such I have made a new League, with new teams to offer us all a new challenge!

I present The Empire Championship (TEC), a multi-national cross continent championship containing new teams from the countries that were past nations of the British Empire, or current member states of the British Commonwealth. Replacing the league system from Gibraltar it gives us a European league and a path into the UCL.

View attachment 385875

The 32 teams are divided into two divisions of 16 teams, according to geographical location. From these 8 teams play a finals play off to decide the winner. There is also a knock out cup system.

View attachment 385877 View attachment 385876

Below is the suggested team game load up options.

View attachment 385874

View attachment 385873

A HUGE thank you to those from FM Nutters and Passion4FM for helping me finish the dbc, and those who posted on my original topic and gave me the ideas. Sorry some have been changed.

version 2 now uploaded:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ssnd208byiinyhx/Empire22.dbc

Last edited:
One question, do we have to load up the original Gibraltar database provided by SI, or will it just clash with this one?

Thanks for making this great database!

EDIT: Never mind, the files were clashing, so you can only select one - no problems!

Last edited:
I didn't holiday past 2 months, so I might be wrong about this.
I checked the editor files and there seems to be nothing allocated for TV money and prize money - does the game allocate money on its own if it has been set to zero? - if not, the clubs could run the risk of going into administration.

Plus, what about the champions league squad rules? Don't they require 4 home-grown players?

And one suggestion - it'd be better if there were no loans between teams in the same division. There seemed to be a lot in the first window itself.

Other than that, great database! It seems to act as a rival to the MLS, with teams bringing lesser known players from outside the top 5 leagues into Europe.

Hopefully, someone can take look at the finances/squad registration.

I didn't holiday past 2 months, so I might be wrong about this.
I checked the editor files and there seems to be nothing allocated for TV money and prize money - does the game allocate money on its own if it has been set to zero? - if not, the clubs could run the risk of going into administration.

Plus, what about the champions league squad rules? Don't they require 4 home-grown players?

And one suggestion - it'd be better if there were no loans between teams in the same division. There seemed to be a lot in the first window itself.

I had set up prize money and tv money so I'm not too sure what's happened there. I'll holiday a season and see what occurs. If nothing I'll do it again, or set up each club individual incomes to ensure they remain fine. How much does a club get for tv money in the Prem?

Regarding HG players I think it will be an issue for a few seasons, you would just get a squad of 21 having to leave gaps. Will be fine once regens come through, as despite not being from Gibraltar I imagine it would work in a similar manner to teams like Cardiff.

As for loans between the league, I'll keep it in place as think it's just the first season it would be an issue. I'll holiday and update anything required.

I will also increase the rep of the cup and re add the managers to Brisbane Utd and Kingston Smugglers who aren't there for some reason.

Last edited:
Regarding HG players I think it will be an issue for a few seasons, you would just get a squad of 21 having to leave gaps. Will be fine once regens come through, as despite not being from Gibraltar I imagine it would work in a similar manner to teams like Cardiff.

Then wouldn't it be more beneficial to keep the continental qualification the way it was before (1 place in the Champs Lg Playoff). Otherwise, with us being forced to have a squad of poor homegrown youth players, it'd be quite detrimental to the coefficient when we perform poorly in Europe.

Just a suggestion - because I played a couple of pre-season games as the Indian Warriors. I was thrashed in the first 2 games and just got past Besiktas. It'd be embarassing if we were to take that kind of drubbing every year in Europe without a sugar daddy chairman to help fund transfers.

Then wouldn't it be more beneficial to keep the continental qualification the way it was before (1 place in the Champs Lg Playoff). Otherwise, with us being forced to have a squad of poor homegrown youth players, it'd be quite detrimental to the coefficient when we perform poorly in Europe.

Just a suggestion - because I played a couple of pre-season games as the Indian Warriors. I was thrashed in the first 2 games and just got past Besiktas. It'd be embarassing if we were to take that kind of drubbing every year in Europe without a sugar daddy chairman to help fund transfers.

Think with co-efficient its better teams are in the UCL early on just to attract players, yes you will take a beating but shouldnt be like that for long and it's quite a lure for players. Maybe I'll improve leagues reputation some more should help get better players in.

I don't really want lots of sugar daddy teams in there but I might give clubs more money early on. But have to think about FFP

v2 added. lots of more money in the league, cup rep boosted.

EDIT: it's crash dumping for no reason.

Last edited:
^^What he said, and is your youth intake Gibraltan or is it from the country you represent, e.g Antigua for the antiguan tourists.

I do have v1 yes but I'll try fix v2 today.

Youth intake is from country in which the club is based. So the Tourists get players from Antigua (however all clubs and countries have had boosts in their facilities)