The Extra Story : Blyth Spartans

Well done man. :) Just a couple of things:

1) The Championship hasn't changed much, I find that quite interesting
2) Was that Arsenal's Jack Wilshire that scored for Colchester against you? Probably wasn't but I'm jw. That would be some waste of potential if it was.

Keep it up mate, I just started a story with Q.P.R, the link is on my sig, come check it out (H)

thanx m8's no the championship hasn't changed much and no its not jack Wilshire its a stricker called Alan Wilshire

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

First game of the season is away to Port Vale.

12,906 crowd attended the first game of the season. Vale get off to a flyer after a goal from Ebanks - Blake just before the 10 minute mark. 5 minutes later Port Vale double there lead with a goal from Sam Vokes. Another 5 minutes go bye and another goal from Sam Vokes sends the crowd mental. Port Vale 3 nile up just after 20 minutes. Mr Soulsby didn't know what had just happened to his team in the first half. After a few words Blyth kick off the second half. Just after 4 minutes into the second half Blyth's new stricker Jorge Pereira slots one into the bottom corner and goes to celebrate his debut goal with the rest of the squad. Could this be the start of something for this guy?

The game wasn't the best start Blyth hoped for but its still early days..

Final Score Port Vale 3 : 1 Blyth Spartans

It's the first round of the Carling Cup this week and Blyth have a trip to League 2's Chester. 2,737 filled the stadium to the top to see if Chester could make an upset in the cards by beating Champoinship Blyth. It only takes 15 minutes for Blyth to open the scoring. Zamblera smackes one into the top left hand corner. Nobody could of saved that one. Just before half time Chester pull level. A sleepy Blyth defence have no idea what had just happened. A tap into a open goal from Gornell gives Chester a real boost at half time. After 70 minutes, it looked like nobody was going to score, so Michael Soulsby made a sub. Zamblera replacest by Simpson. Just 2 minutes after Simpson was brung on he scores and wounderful goal between Chester's keeper's legs to make it 2 - 1 to the Spartans. Blyth held on for the win but only just.

Derby County vs Blyth Spartans CH

28,726 was the attendece at Pride Park. Today Derby host pointless Blyth. It only took 4 minutes forthe home team to score. Rhodes was standing on thw line and the ball came to his feet and knocked it in. I dont think he will score a easier goal in his career. Second half and Derby got off to a good start by scoring there second goal of the game. Last years top score Batey scores a header from a close freekick. Another misrible game for the Spartans but thats football for you.

Blyth Spartans 3 : 1 Stoke City

6,717 people can to watch Blyth Spartans first home game this season. It only took Blyth 8 minutes to score. Jorge Pereria scores his second goal of the season. Just after the half hour mark, Lewis Young shoots and scores his 1st goal this season. Blyth were flying tonight and were getting confident of a victory coming there way. The next goal came from Stoke, Robertson scores and makes Blyth remember that they must win. But then disaster strikes. Blyth's best player of the game gets a bad injury which could keep him out for a while. With seconds to go until the full time wistle to go Lee Burgess scores to round up a good result for Blyth

Blyth Spartans 1-0 Plymouth - League Cup

Only 3,846 came to watch the second round of the League cup game againest Plymouth. The game went on and on but still no goal. I was about to get ready for the full time wistle but i could hear cheers coming from the stands. I had scored in added on time. Lewis Grabbon was the man of the momment. Fab result for the Blyth. Get in there !!

Blyth Spartans 4 - 1 Birmingham - CH

A crowd of 6,700 came to see if Blyth could do anything againest high-flyers Birmingham. A mistake in the Brummies defence gave Blyth a lead. Corner kick came into the box to meet Mike Taylor's head. Just before half time, Blyth doubled there lead from Keith Treacy. A cross came into an empty box and to a running Treacy's foot. Blyth were two up at half time.
The goal scoring didnt stop for Blyth, a 30 yard freekick rifled into the net from Scott Bell. 3 minutes later Blyth were 4-0 up. A header from Chris Mcgregor made sure of a win for Blyth. Birmingham did pull a goal back late on but that didn't spoil the celebrations around New Croft Park.