The Fields of Anfield Road - Brick Tamland's Liverpool F.C. Story

Brick Tamland

Reaction score
View attachment 112352
The Fields of Anfield Road - Brick Tamland's Liverpool F.C. Story

I've recently got myself a new laptop so I forgot to save all my last saves on the cloud so basically all my old saves are on my old laptop so I have have had to start a fresh and start a new game save. So I've decided that there's no way better than to start with the club I've supported and grew up with since I was a toddler, in Liverpool F.C.

I firmly believe Liverpool will be a great club to have a long term save with as they haven't been the best over the past few years, however, under Klopp they have turned the tables incredibly and we're doing really well at the moment. I'll looking to emulate Klopp's impact and even better it. I'm looking to make Liverpool the main dominant force in Europe they was back in the 70's & 80's, it's going to take a rebuilding stage but the idea is to make it happen sooner rather than later. So with that being said, let's start the career.

The Squad

The squad is fairly strong however there is a few players who are deadwood and need to go so we can freshen up the squad players with more quality so we have plenty of rotational options. I know I definitely need another LB & RB so we have more quality at LB and more rotation options at RB. We need atleast one new AML/R to provide more cover for the wings.

Upcoming Friendlies

Looking at the pre-season it could be a testing one which is good as we have good match up's against AC Milan, Roma & Lyon along with a couple of friendlies against good oppositions Panathinaikos & Larisa. I mainly see friendlies to build fitness and get team cohesion but it would be interesting to see where we are at when we come up against Milan & Roma.

Next update will include transfers, pre season results and a squad update.

Pre-Season Update

Friendly Results

Not the best of pre seasons, we demolished some of the smaller oppositions but when it came to the clubs around the same level to ourselves we lost the games. One surprising factor from the pre-season was the impact of Ben Woodburn. He was prolific in the pre season, he's definitely staying in the first team.

The Squad

I've strengthened the squad quite considerably, I'm still looking to add a couple of more players to the team ideally another RB to cover Clyne and a AML/AMR player so we have a top quality versatile winger to cover when either Mane or Coutinho are out injured. I'm still looking to move a couple of players on but only at the right price. Lovren is currently unhappy I turned down an offer from Guangzhou, so if an improved offer comes in for him he will be going so I will need to look for a replacement.

Transfers

I've mostly signed a number of top quality youngsters to bring through our youth system and generate them into stars of the future, I have to keep looking to the future as well as the present. I've loaned quite a few of them out for first team football and will review their impact at their current clubs to see whether they will be in my plans or not next season. I'm pleased with the acquisition of Witsel as he's a top quality CM and provides excellent cover for Henderson & Emre Can who are my main CM's. I'm also extremely pleased with the signing of Daniel Wass who is in my eyes 'The Danish James Milner' he can literally play anywhere. Ludwig Augustinsson provides excellent back up to Moreno and will keep Moreno on his toes so he doesn't get complacent. He's more than capable of taking Moreno's place if that happens.

Back