The Flight to Europe - A Liverpool FC Story

Livergerrard

Reaction score
May 2011

Kenny Dalglish: "I will not be staying."
Liverpool legend Kenny Dalgish shocked football fans throughout the world last night when he and Liverpool Football Club released statements about Kenny Dalglish's future. He and LFC both stated that Kenny Dalglish will stay as caretaker manager for the rest of the season, but then leave when the 2010-2011 season ends.
Dalglish stated that he went to Liverpool only to get them going again, so he could see his beloved side get back to where they should be. He feels his time is up at Liverpool and wants another manager to take the reins at Anfield.
More on next page.

Bob Wilson, only 25, sat in his armchair, not quite believing what he was reading. A Liverpool fan throughout his life, and a massive Kenny Dalglish fan, Bob was annoyed that Dalglish intented to leave. But maybe this was a sign. Could he put his coaching badges to good use? But why choose him, a rookie manager that no one has heard, or really cares for?

July 5th 2011

Bob sat down, watching the news unfold on Sky Sports news. Dalgish was finally gone. Benitez was lined up to return, he was the favourite. Suddenly, his telephone rang. He moved quickly towards, hoping it wasn't his mum complaining about him not visiting again. But it wasn't his mum. It was a woman, probaly in her mid 30's.
"Is this Bob Wilson?" the soothing voice of the woman asked.
"Yes ma'am." I replied hesitantly, thinking it was probaly someone selling a 'brand new' washing machine.
"Hello, my name is Leanne, and I work for Liverpool FC. The owners and board would like to offer you a sincere invitation to have a meeting about the vacant manager job here at LFC."

I couldn't quite believe the words as they were spoke, but my instinct was to accept, so I did. Wow...
"Well thank you for accepting and I will get in touch later today to discuss the meeting time."

Hoe you enjoyed the first part. Coming next: The Meeting.

Well you have your man with Coates, could probaly go straight in, works well with Agger. If your desperate to sign a defender look at Arne Friedrich in free agents. If you are talking about tactics just play straight back 4 with normal defneisve line, I would set glen johnson or kelly (depending who you play) to support, and Enrique to attack duty. Chris Samba or Ryan Shawcross are also safe bets to buy, excellent defender but, hefty price tags.

Back