The gem that nobody mentions.

JordThePoet

Reaction score
FM13 is drawing to a close, and whether we think its a great game or one of the poorest in the series, I think we've all sat at our computers mauling over who to sign, trying to make shrewd decisions.

looking for great talent at low prices, now I don't mean people like Kara, or Wellington Nem (Pre-January), I mean genuinely 'average' looking players who have now become fundamental to success in your team.

the sorts of players who feature in the majority of your saves, the first option you go for if you lose a player or when a position needs strengthening.

there's always 1 player we always bring with us from Save to save, club to club, challenge to challenge.

My "Gem" has followed me from lurching Mid table with Fulham, to the heights of being Cristiano Ronaldo's RM replacement, to even scoring the winning goal with Dortmund in the UCL final 2 years running.

My gem has been in a world cup winning squad (in game) and managed to outclass the likes of Ribery, Reus, Nani and Di Maria.

My player is the incredibly unflattering Adam Lallana.:O

Sounds Crazy Huh?

Well, he's my gem that never gets a mention. I've never once heard anybody sing his praises on here, which is quite a shock to me. he's 1 of 4 players I always sign regardless of who i am on FM (Along with Shawcross, Gary Caldwell and Fierro).

If you've tried out Lallana what have you thought of him? - if you haven't been tempted to buy him, well why don't you give him a go? he's brilliant.

Now my question for all of you, is who is your gem, your FM Hero that never seems to be mentioned on any of these FM forums?

If a player isn't on one of Raikans lists, he probably isn't that good.

(I haven't checked to see if Lallana is on Raikans lists btw)

i know now what you mean though, on FM10 or 11 Billy sharp had fairly average stats, yet continued to tear it up season after season for me at Man Utd.

Raikans lists are the places to go for players, agreed.

IMO Lallana is a goal machine, when I had him playing at RM he scored 27 goals and assisted a further 58 in 41 games.
In all my other saves he's had similar stats per game. EG he'll score 10, make 20 assists in 15 games.

There's just something about the lad on FM13. no doubt when FM14 comes out he'll be useless, so I better just make the most of it while i can. haha.

On mine, it used to be Jonjo Shelvey. His stats were decent, nothing special. After a few season's he gets good. but the AI used to always sell him at the first chance. Used to consistantly get 7.5 ratings in my possession based tactics.

For me it is always James milner, scores a lot and weirdly always scores freak half way line goals.

Raikans list for the win, he also did a similar list of players im on my phone so ? cannot link but im sure it was called seldomly mentioned players or something. Some gems on there you wouldnt even know about sassa was my favourite

Back