• Thread starter Thread starter iamauser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 4K

iamauser

Staff member
Reaction score
uk-flag-3.jpg

This is a challenge which is very simple in essence, but will be very hard to complete. The aim of this challenge is to win the Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League (Not all in the same season though) with a team with players of British nationality only. That is fairly easy you might think, just start with Manchester City, but here is the catch, I will be starting with Worthing FC, my local club in the Isthimian League 1st Division South.

I will be relying mostly upon my youth system, but I will also be signing some players.

Can I make it all the way to the top? Or will I end up raging? Follow along to find out!

Coat_of_arms_of_Worthing.jpg

Achievements

2012/13 -

Last edited:
Worthing FC appoint Rollinson

tumblr_mc5tunmD8Q1rog5d1o1_1280.gif

[TABLE="width: 200, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD]Jordan Rollinson Fact File

D.O.B: 6th January 1987

Languages: English, Spainsh, Portugese

Previous Clubs: Worthing Rebels, Durrington FC
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
.Worthing FC chairman Dave Agnew has today announced the club has appointed Jordan Rollinson as their new manager.

"I am absolutely delighted to be working here at my hometown club" Rollinson told the Worthing website.

This is the young managers
first venture into football management, and will be hoping he can get off to an excellent start to his career here.

Agnew said he was "very impressed" with Rollinson's attitude, and feels he will take Worthing FC to the next level. "We have a very good team here, and now with Rollinson on board, I feel the club is at a very exciting stage in its history. From here, I am hoping we can push on, gain promotion, and soon become a recognized name in football." Worthing currently play in the Isthimian League 1st Divison South.

British Players

Worthing FC have also set a policy of only signing British players. "In a meeting with Jordan, we decided it was paramount to sign only British players. We both agreed this was very important, and is the correct way for the club to move forward."

Squad Evaluation

Coming into the squad, the first thing I notice which is very good is that all the players are English! This means I dont have to get rid of anyone which is a good thing.

Next thing I notice is the standard of our attackers are of a quite good standard. Our best striker is Scott Tipper. He has good pace and finishing ability for the standard we are at now.

ScottTipper_OverviewProfile.png

​One place we are seriously lacking though is in the centre of defense. I will be focusing my efforts on trying to find another centre back or two.

There are also no real youth prospects at the club, so I am eagerly awaiting the youth intake next year!

Worthing FC Sign Conteh

1312382571_0.jpg

[TR]
[TD]Quinton Conteh Fact File

D.O.B: 7th September 1993

Previous Clubs: Beckenham Town, Welling United

Career Apps: 0

Career Goals: 0
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Worthing FC have today announced the signing of young striker Quinton Conteh on a free transfer

"It is a great delight for me to be here at Worthing FC. It is a club I will hopefully get my chance to show what I can do"

Conteh started his career at Beckenham Town, but failed to make any first team appearances in his time there. He then moved onto Blue Square South side Welling United, but he also failed to make any first team appearances there. He will now hopefully get his chance though, as Rollinson said he was a "key player" in his team. Conteh will surely be relishing the chance to show what he can do.

Regarding his move to Worthing FC, he told the Worthing Herald, "I am really happy to be here. The fans here are really good, and they seem excited to see me play. I have had a few injury problems in the past, but I feel I am over them now and im ready to contribute to the team."

Impressed

Rollinson said he was delighted to have Conteh on the team adding; "I was really impressed when he came down for a trial. He has pace and great finishing and heading ability. Im really looking forward to seeing what he can do"

(Conteh Screenshot)

Good Pre-season

View attachment 302568

It was a very good pre-season for us, with us having a 100% win record. We proved to be fairly good in front of goal, and managed to score at least 2 goals per game. I hope that we can take this form into the league games and go for 1st place in the league.

We have a media prediction of 4th, so I think that winning the division is within our reach, and with the players we have signed, I think it will be fairly easy to do.

My aims for this season are:

League: 2nd
Cup: Quarter Finals

Worthing FC sign Billy Jeffreys on Loan

billy-jeffries-image-1-221668493.jpg

[TR]
[TD]Billy Jeffreys Fact File

D.O.B: 17th August 1989

Previous Clubs: Millwall, Ashford Town, Hampton & Richmond

Career Apps: 113

Career Goals: 4
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Worthing FC have today announced the loan signing of Billey Jeffereys from Hampton & Richmond Borough.

"I am pleased to come here on loan and help a club with great ambition such as Worthing. Im only here for a season, but if things go well, I could stay longer."

Jeffreys started his career at Millwall, but he failed to make any first team appearances for them. He then moved on a free transfer to Ashford Town, where he made 86 appearances and scored 3 goals. He then moved to Hampton & Richmond and made 27 appearances and scored 1 goal.

Rollinson said that he was pleased to get Jeffereys on loan, and hopes he can help sure up the back line. "I was very happy with his determination in training when he came. He always gives 100% to the cause, which is the type of player I appreciate."

Rollinson was keep to add to his back line after admitting he was worried by the lack of quality in his centre backs.

(Billy Jeffereys Screenshot)

Excellent Start for Worthing FC

View attachment 302596

[TR]
[TD]Worthing FC Stats

League Position: 1st

Form: WWDW

Goals For: 11

Goals Conceded: 5[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
It has been an excellent start to the league campaign for Worthing FC with an unbeaten start to the season.

Worthing have started their season in excellent form and have won three and drawn one in their opening four games.

They have looked very good value for money, and have scored 11 goals in their opening games.

This has been down very much to new signing Quinton Conteh who has scored 6 goals in 2 appearances and 2 sub appearances.

They started the season with an away tie against Dulwich Hamlet with they came out comfortable 2-0 winners thanks to two very good goals from Conteh. Rollinson said he was "Delighted to get off to a winning start."

In their first home game of the season, they welcomed Horsham FC, and they survived a scare to win 3-2. Rollinson was disappointed the team went 3-0 up, and by the end of the match the team was hanging on by the skin of their teeth. "I was unhappy at our defending. We should have won the game comfortably, but we certainly didnt do that."

They then had another away trip to Whitstable Town, where they got a 1-1 draw. Worthing maybe had the right to be annoyed after Whitstable converted a questionable penalty.

Then came their, and Conteh's best game of the month, a 5-2 beating of Crawley Down Gatwick. Conteh managed to get himself of the score sheet 4 times, and was delighted with the way he played. "I am really happy that I managed to get four goals. It was an excellent team effort, and im glad we got 3 points"

Mixed Month for Worthing Leaves them 7th

View attachment 302898

[TR]
[TD]Worthing FC Stats

League Position: 7th

Form: LLWLWD

Goals For: 18

Goals Conceded: 14[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Worthing FC were unable to keep up their excellent form, and slump down to 7th position.

It was a poor month by Rollinsons standards, with his team suffering 3 defeats, 1 draw and only managing 2 wins.

Worthing FC started the month of with a 2-1 defeat at home to Merstham, followed by another 2-1 defeat away to Corinthian-Casuals.

They then scrapped a 1-0 win away at Sittingbourne, with Scott Tipper grabbing the only goal of the game.

Rollinson then decided to experiment with tactics against Herne Bay, which back fired massively and resulted in a 2-0 loss, the first game his team has failed to score in.

The then improved in front of goal and beat Walton and Hersham FC 3-2. They still looked very dodgy at the back. After being 3-0 ahead, Rollinson one again said he was "worried" about his sides defense. The final game of the month saw them draw 1-1 against recently relegated Leatherhead.

Worthing FC striker Conteh, who has failed to score is the last 4 games said, "We have had a poor month, and we have struggled at the back. In training we are working one it, and are hoping for a better showing next month."

Elsewhere in the Isthimian League 1st Divison South, Tooting and Mitcham United are sitting on top of the table on 25 points, while Chipstead are languishing at the bottom on just 5 points.

Worthing FC Announce 3 Scottish Signings

View attachment 303545 View attachment 303546 View attachment 303547

Worthing have today announced that they have signed 3 young Scottish players on a free transfer. Goalkeeper Kjeld Borris, full back Ross McGrory and striker Dennis Robertson have all signed for the Isthimian League side. Rollinson believes they will fit straight into the first team, and was excited about their future at the club.

The clubs website has invited its fans (Thats you readers!) to ask the new players questions to help them get to know the new players. Fans are allowed to ask a maximum of 3 questions, and the best ones will be chosen to ask the players themselves.

Boring Month For Worthing FC Leaves Them 8th

View attachment 303548

[TR]
[TD]Worthing FC Stats

League Position: 8th

Form: DDDDLDD

Goals For: 21

Goals Conceded: 17[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Its been a month to forget for Worthing FC manager Jordan Rollinson, who didnt see his side win a single game this month.

Things have gone from back to worse for Worthing this month after they drew 6 games and lost 1. They did not win a single game this month.

They started off with a 0-0 draw at home to Folkestone Invicta, which set the pattern for the rest of the month.

It was followed by another home draw, this time 1-1 draw against Faversham Town. Mike Huckett got Worthings goal in that game.

Another 0-0 draw away against Hythe Town was followed by a 1-1 draw against Merstham with Scott Tipper getting the goal.

Worthing then had another trip to Merstham, this time in the Isthimian Cup, where they suffered a 2-1 defeat in extra time. The silver lining for Worthing fans is new signing Dennis Robertson got his first goal for the club. Rollinson was "extremely unhappy" about going out the competition at such an early stage.

Worthing finished the month with two more 1-1 draws, first against Maidstone United and Three Bridges FC.

Rollinson has vowed to improve the clubs fortunes next month, and hopes fans will get behind the team.

I really like the sound of this. Good luck i'll be following :)

Worthing FC Improve Dramatically

View attachment 303563

[TR]
[TD]Worthing FC Stats

League Position: 6th

Form: WDLWW

Goals For: 33

Goals Conceded: 24[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Worthing FC manager Jordan Rollinson will be much happier with his teams performance this month, with Robertson in fine form.

Worthing FC have finally ended their run of 8 games without a win with 3 wins this month.

Worthing got the month of to a winning start with a 2-0 win over league leaders Tooting & Mitcham, with Robertson getting himself on the scoresheet.

They then played out an incredible 3-3 draw with Burgess Hill Town, with them coming back from 3-1 down. Robertson was again on form, and got himself 2 goals to help the team. Tom Manton got a late equalizer to send the away home in a really good mood.

They then suffered their only defeat of the month against Ramsgate, with Huckett scoring their only goal in the 2-1 loss.

Robertson that had the game of his career so far and scored himself a hat-trick against Eastbourne Town. He was in fine form, and delighted the 93 home fans who came out to watch. Worthing ended up running out 3-1 winners in that game.

The final game of the month saw Chipstead visit the A2B Woodside Stadium, where Worthing were once again 3-1 winners. Robertson got himself on the score sheet again, but Gedling stole the show with 2 superb long range goals.

Things are starting to look up for Worthing FC now, with Robertson in fine form, scoring 8 goal in 8 games.

Elsewhere in the league, Tooting & Mitcham United are sitting at the top of the table on 39 points, and Chipstead are sitting bottom on 12 points, 1 points behind Herne Bay.

I really like the sound of this. Good luck i'll be following :)

Thanks buddy, hope you enjoy reading along! Will be looking for input from readers as we go along :)

Wonderful Worthing!

View attachment 303575

[TR]
[TD]Worthing FC Stats

League Position: 5th

Form: WWWW

Goals For: 44

Goals Conceded: 29[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Worthing FC had the perfect month, winning all 4 of their games to close in on top 4.

Rollinson had definitely turned around the fortunes at Worthing this month after getting 4 excellent wins this month.

They started off with a 2-1 win over Dulwich Hamlet with Robertson once again on form getting the opening goal of the game. Tom Lawley got the other goal for Worthing.

Another 2-1 win away at Horsham FC saw Conteh thrust himself back in the limelight, after scoring both goals for Worthing, both being excellent headers from well worked crosses.

Their best match of the month was the 4-1 victory over Crawly Down Gatwick. Robertson got himself on the score sheet, taking him to 12 this season. Matt Piper was the start of the game though, and got himself his first ever career hat-trick. In an interview, Piper said he was delighted with the faith that Rollinson has shown in him, and hopes to keep us his good form so far this season.

The final game was a 1-0 victory over Whitstable Town with Manton getting the only goal of the game.

Last edited:
Worthing Remain Unbeaten

View attachment 303644

[TR]
[TD]Worthing FC Stats

League Position: 3rd

Form: WDWDWD

Goals For: 60

Goals Conceded: 38[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Worthing have extended their unbeaten run now to thirteen games, which moves them up into third place.

Worthing are really on a promotion charge now, having another unbeaten month, taking them to a total of 13 unbeaten games.

Worthing started their month with an excellent 5-2 win against Merstham, with Piper again grabbing the headlines with 2 good goals. Lawley opened the scoring for Worthing,before Piper added his two, then Manton and Conteh finished of the rout.

They then had a 2-2 draw with Folkestone Invicta, with Conteh and Robertson on the score sheet.

Another 5-2 victory was recorded after that against Herne Bay. Conteh got himself two goals and Lawley, Jeffereys and Robertson also got themselves on his score sheet.

Next came a 1-1 draw against Corinthian-Casuals, before a 2-1 victory over Walton & Hersham FC, with Robertson again a goal scorer. It was a day to remember though for Ross McGrory as he scored his first ever goal in football. His family were delighted to see him get his first ever goal.

Robertson was once again on the score sheet with the final game of the month, but Worthing were unable to make the most of it, and finished the game against Sittingbourne 1-1

Getting a new PC today, so should be able to run my game much faster, and get updates up quicker :)

Back