Gooner Eagle

Reaction score
Welcome to the Great British Challenge (GBC), a scenario that will make you one of the most patriotic managers ever to venture in FM. There will be two ways to play this game, and the choice is yours, although the second way to play will push you even further than the first.

First way to play:
The first way that you can play this challenge is to take over any British club. It doesn't matter about their financial position, but if you want a better challenge then I recommend picking a club that is a low-table PL side, at most. The further you start down in the leagues, the more you will push yourself.

Your aim:
Your aim in this way to play, is to take your chosen club all the way to European glory and beyond. You are to make that club the dominant force in both Europe, and then the world. Your main limitation is that you are only allowed to have British players in any of your teams. This means that any star foreign players you have, you will be forced to sell off (which is why it can be sometimes easier to be a lower-league side). You are allowed a maximum of 3 non-British staff members.

Second way to play:
The second way that you can play is to download the database (awaiting approval on the download) and take over a newly-formed club. Starting in the BSS, you have been given very basic facilities, a squad that could use a lot more depth than it currently has, and a team of backroom staff that are very-much stretched.
You are to take this BSS club all the way to PL glory, eventually winning the Champions League and becoming the #1 football club in the world. You are only allowed British staff and players, no exceptions.
The upside is that your Chairman, the founder of the club, has recently decided to pump a lot of his personal fortune in to the club, as well as taking out a bank loan to help the club. While this is nowhere near as much as an investor in the Premier League, it is enough to allow you some major improvements in the club, and should allow you to secure some star lower-league players, leading you to promotion.

< ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- >

Achievements:
The achievements will be counted by you personally, and you can track your progress against other members of FM-Base. They can total up to 1500, and those who make at least 1000 will be named at the top of this thread.

A great start (5)
Win your first competitive match.

Memories of '66 (5)
Score with an English player.

A New Millennium (5)
Score with a Welsh player.

Shots of Whiskey (5)
Score with an Irish player.

Sound the Bagpipes (5)
Score with a Scottish player.

Union Flag (25)
Score with a player from every British nation, in one match.

Three Lions (25)
Win a match with three different English goalscorers from your team.

Great British Manager (50)
Win your first Manager of the Month award.

Promotion! (75)
Gain promotion from any British league.

Local Businessman (75)
Make over £1,000,000 profit on either a British player you signed, or sell a regen from your academy for the same amount or more.

Home-grown talent (100)
Have one of your players win a 'World' award.

Make over £5,000,000 profit on either a British player you signed, or sell a regen from your academy for the same amount or more.

Master of the Divisions (200)
Take a club from the BSN/BSS to the Premier League.

European Glory (200)
Win the Champions League with
the club you started with.

European Domination (250)
Win the Champions League three times with the same club.

Best in the World (400)
Win the Quadruple (League Cup, FA Cup, ECC/EL & League Title) and then go on to win both the Super Cup and Club World Championship the following season.

< ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- >

Extra Q&A:
If youhave any questions, let me know and I'll post it up here so others can see as well.

Copycat :p

So basically you replaced the word English with British, and copied this that has been going since the last FM version: Patriot Challenge

Also Ireland isnt part off britain only northern ireland is

Ireland is part of Britain, as Britain is the group of islands which England, Wales, Scotland, & Ireland all sit on.
However, it is not part of the United Kingdom, the group of countries governed in London by Parliament.
Although a lot of people get this wrong, and think they are 1 and the same

Ireland is part of Britain, as Britain is the group of islands which England, Wales, Scotland, & Ireland all sit on.
However, it is not part of the United Kingdom, the group of countries governed in London by Parliament.
Although a lot of people get this wrong, and think they are 1 and the same

Inclusion of Irish players in the challenge is totally legit, if we consider football tradition, style of play, and all the regens that will show up in English, Scottish teams. So, thumbs up for the challenge, especially the "second way to play"

However, geo-politicaly, Great Britain is the island where England, Scotland and Wales are and Ireland is the island where Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland are. Why would the full name of the country be United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, if both islands were Britain?

I know this was a former challenge, but it hasn't been repeated for FM12 yet .. Not to mention I didn't copy any of the material that was thought of before, I didn't even look at the other challenges.

As there was a lack of FM12 challenges, I just figured I would put something out there.
Problem? Then don't play.

However, I think it's a fairly decent way to push yourself, and I shall be getting that database up soon for you guys.

I am very interested in this challenge; would you require a screenshot of the staff and team to begin?

This looks better tha the patriot challange cause you can buy bale, ramsey, flatcher etc. Will definately be doing it.

ya major mash i m also agree with you. i m intrested in face the challenges..

ya major mash i m also agree with you. i m also interested in face the challenges..