• Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikan007

Reaction score
The High Flying Dutchman: A Return to Football

Cl_Clarion_Hotel_Congress_Trondheim_GE_02.jpg

Sitting at the Clarion Hotel in Trondheim, capital city of Norway, sipping a 20 year old Glenlivet single malt with my wife Candyce and our 9 month old daughter Kayleigh, overlooking the majestic harbour at dusk, the smell of freshly ground coffee lingering in the cool nights air.

Only a year ago was our life the complete opposite of this, we were in danger, we had constant death threats and hate mail from all over Amsterdam and the country as a whole, there were allegations of a match fixing scandal that swept the country that I did not want to be a part of, hence the sudden termination of my contract with the Dutch giants Ajax.

Some reports had suggested that due to my abrupt resignation and the fact that I left the country shortly afterwards with my family, that I was the main suspect in the this whole mess due to the success I achieved in a relatively short space of time with the club coming in as a rookie manager with no experience..

After several months of interrogations from the FA and numerous other associations it was declared that the entire scandal was just a rumor and there was no concrete evidence implicating anyone involved, especially me!

"******* tabloids" I thought to myself taking another long sip of my whiskey, looking at my beautiful wife, smiling as we she turns to catch me staring. "I cannot believe we ended up here"

Good to see the highflyer back. Good luck!

Least you'll have better luck than I'm having right now lol

thanks ajt, I saw you started one, did not check it out though, was busy at work today, send me the link here and I will check it out on Monday :)

have a good weekend everyone

your team is waiting Raikan!! pack your things and return to Amsterdam!!

The High Flying Dutchman: A Return to Football

41501586.jpg

Norway was one of the countries that my wife Candyce and I had always wanted to visit one day before we were too old, the majestic landscapes, rich history and the snow were some the main reasons we had in visiting on holiday, however today, we were here for a completely different reason...

Sitting in the Radisson Blu, Trondheim, the glass exterior a magical gateway into the soul and heart of this wonderful city, the noise of guests checking in and out reverberating through the glass like bee's droning, with my Ipad laid out on my lap, trying my hand at the latest installment of SI's Football Manager 13, the wife setting next to me, rolling her eye's at my childish obsession, waiting for the real estate agent we had contacted earlier that week...

Always enjoy your stories so of course will follow :) Looking forward to the announcement of the club you will be managing :)

Of course I will follow this story!
I hope you think in the possibility of return to Benfica, like in the FM12. Haha. The best manager in the best club of the world! Hahah :)

Last edited:
Enjoying this man, I'm intrigued. Teasing is by dropping this in little bursts, give me a big hit :)

Glad your back mate... Im sure this will be a fantastic story and i will defo be following this...

Nice OP aswell mate

why do you always tease us by saying you made an update but never post them for days! :P
Haha great to see you writing a story again! Looking forward to it!

hahaa, sorry mate, I was in Johannesburg for meetings yesterday and flying back again tomorrow for the whole day.. no time

going to skip this for this year, have not had much time to play this save and am taking a month off come Friday. all the best and have a great Christmas and New Years..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back