WalkerRFC

Reaction score
Hello.

I have a good challenge. It may seem a very easy challenge to all of you, but to me it is not.

Currently, I'm in a network game. He's United, I'm city (IRL I have no preference but I love SAF as he's a Rangers fan). He has his United team playing very good team football.

My City team are playing below par and can't seem to string together a consistent run of good wins in the league.

I have signed Bale and Fellaini. I play 4-2-2-2 with Silva who was on the right, inside a little bit and played as advanced playmaker, then bale on the left. I have a deep lying forward support and an advanced forward. My centre backs are put to 'cover' and my fullbacks are automatic.

I play fluid attacking, shorter, more expressive, more aggressive, press more, more roaming, just about wide and no more, a quick tempo and a high line.

Thoughts?

If you think I should re-vamp the tactic completely please do help, much appreciated, especially with the strikers as they don't play well! Thanks.

Hey mate, playing a 4-2-2-2, in my opinion, is not the best tactic for City. Now I do play with United so different players but I also signed Bale in my first season in 2012, now it is 2021. He plays amazingly wellas an AML as an inside forward so I would recommend a 4-2-3-1 formation as City have strong MC's and good wingers and strikers.Bale's stats have been as follows in this formation-

View attachment 300907 2014-2015 was when I changed to the 4-2-3-1. amazing in my opinion and worth doing. With strikers scoring around 40 goals per season

Wow, shall try it, thanks! With Tevez and Aguero, what do you suggest putting their player roles as?

Steam Community :: Screenshot

This tactic seems to work well and you can change the poacher to target man for Dzeko. Haven't lost a game for the pre-season or against Chelsea in the Community Shield. Really basic but works.

Last edited:
Back