destheref

Reaction score
This story will be about myself going through the years at different clubs and following a manager from the very beginnings to his very end.

Below is a short profile about myself.

Born: 16.04.1975 (35)
Position Striker,
Forced to Retire due to long term ankle injury.
Senior career*
Years Team Apps+ (Gls)+
1992-94 West Ham United 16 5
1994-95 Derby County 18 4
1995-97 Southampton 31 13
1997-98 Port Vale United 14 13
1998-01 Portsmouth 38 23
2001-02 Urawa Red Diamonds (Japan) 15 4
2002-03 Gillingham 36 24
2003-06 Huddersfield Town 15 12
2006-09 QPR 51 19

Career Total 234 117

Obtained UEFA Coaching Badges and is widely seen as one of the best young managers for the future.

Avram Grant sacked as West Ham Manager

Breaking News that Avram Grant has left West Ham United by Mutual consent has just been confirmed.

The club have just released a brief statement saying:

"West Ham United can confirm that they have terminated the contract of Avram Grant."
"The Board of Directors would like to thank him for his contribution and wish him well for the future. The Club will now be focusing its efforts on seeking a replacement.

"The Club will be making no further comment on this matter."

View attachment 118431

West Ham make 3 man shortlist!!

West Ham have came out with a statement saying that have whittled down the candidates to just three, as the search goes on for a new manager. The Three are:

Slaven Billic, Sam Alladyce or Untried Manager Desmond Pugh, the board will decide shortly, but With the Janurary Transfer window just opened and West Ham sitting 19th, they need to act fast.

Last edited:
PUGH GETS WEST HAM JOB!!!​

Desmond Pugh has been named the new West Ham Manager this morning. He has signed a cnontract which will keep him at the club until june 2012. With West Ham placed in 19th after 20 games the hard work now begins for a manager who is set to make his managerial debut in West Ham's next game against Chelsea

New West Ham Manager Press Conference.

Bryan Swanson (Sky Sports) "Desmond from the moment you sat down with David Sullivan and David Gold, how long did it take you to all realise you were all on the same page in terms of how you see the club, not only for this season but moving forward?

Desmond Pugh " I think instantly to be honest, i met the two "Davids" and there both ambitious people. They both want this club to do well and climb the table as quick as possible and i think the goal is to bring silverware to this great club. I'm a young ambitious manager and after the meeting we had i think we came to the conclusion that we would be able to achieve out aims and our goals and get West Ham up the table."

Bryan Swanson "As a young manager without experience, is there not added pressure to save what is such a great club from relegation?

Desmond Pugh "Well wherever you go in life there is pressure. Its how you deal with the pressure that matters. I have come to West Ham fully aware of the challenge ahead of me, i cannot wait to see the lads for the first time and get this club moving in the right direction".

Bryan Swanson "Your first match sees you take on Chelsea, it couldn't get any harder could it?"

Desmond Pugh "Well in this league there is never an easy game, but this club has a good bunch of lads and we will be ready come kick off."

Club Overview

Turning up to the training ground for the first time, it gave me a chance to look at the playing squad i had at my disposal.

A couple of players stood out particular Scott Parker and Matthew Upson, but in all honesty there were at least a dozen players who i really would not have around.

My meeting with the owners went well as we all agreed but with limited resources it was agreed i would have to sell before i can by.

My next job was to sign Trevor Sinclair as a coach. He was a old friend of mine and we had done our coaching badges together.

The next post will be my first match Vs Chelsea

always had a soft spot for west ham :) deffo following

We love you WEST HAM we do :wub: I will follow Pal :)

Chelsea vs West Ham

After just one day in charge and one training session it was now my first match as West Ham manager.

Here is the two line ups...

I Decided to go for the cautious approach as a point i felt was achieveable.

Final Result and Analysis

Post Match Review

Overall i am a little concerned with the determination of the team we did well until the first goal went in and then our heads seemed to drop and for long periods off the game we let Chelsea have the ball. Things will definitely need to pick up and players will need to be signed.

My next matches are Norwich in the FA Cup 3rd Round and Tottenham in the league.

West Ham Vs Norwich City

F.A. Cup 3rd Round

After the defeat against Chelsea i expect my team to go out and show Norwich out Premiership class.

The two lineups...

Final Score and Analysis

Post Match Review:

I am bitterly devastated with this defeat. The team showed lack of determination and there attitude today stunk. I will be sure to give them a *ollocking tomorrow morning.

Tottenham Hotspur Vs West Ham

After giving the team the hairdryer treatment i told the lads to go out and win it for the fans.

the two line ups....

Final Result and Analysis

Post Match Review

Another defeat but at least the lads showed some commitment today. The games don't get any easier with Liverpool next...

could have had a better start to be honest. Decent story. I didnt understand if you wanted to keep Parker and Upson or not:-/. If you're thinking of getting rid of them dont.

could have had a better start to be honest. Decent story. I didnt understand if you wanted to keep Parker and Upson or not:-/. If you're thinking of getting rid of them dont.

better then using cancer to get rid of a manager it disgust me to be honest.

it's interesting? It is only a story? ******* **** have you not been told Narnia isn't real either?