Darjan88

Reaction score

I decide to lead Newcastle United because they have a squad that fits my football philosophy. I won't spend my time for media introduction but will spend more time later for creating story and hopefully interaction with you guys.

First transfer window is disabled so I will start with original teams. First look on the squad tells that we need cover right back and I am going to loan someone and best available option is 29 yo Norwich full back Steven Whittaker.

In order to make a chemistry with my players I arranged **** of a pre season ...

I have some ideas of tactics we are going to play and will report situation after every match.

In first test I go with my favorite narrow diamond and for the very first match this is much better then I was hoping for or expected ... :D

Beside all the positives on the pitch I just realize need to figure out totally different formations or I am going to have a lot of problems with rotation when injury comes.

Seems like we are again in a good rhytm. But, one thing I noticed through all the time playing FM15 is that 4-4-1-1 is a most toughest formation to play against, just like Man City played previous match. At least for me or my formations.

Main conclusions after 3 friendlies are that we have really good first eleven and the weakest links are central defenders.

I re-arranged pre-season friendlies ...

I forgot to tell why I choose to play against strongest available teams in pre-season, Premier League schedule.

I don't want to play against weak teams, I want to get real picture of my team strength.

View attachment 223387

View attachment 223386

View attachment 223385

First half was good, second not.
But major news from this match is Janmaat injury. We are already tight on that position and every injury of him or Mbemba is potential disaster.

View attachment 223383

It's hard to find any decent cover for loan because almost everyone ask for some monthly fee and we are not afford to spend single pound. My only option seems to be Roma's wing back who can play on both flanks.

View attachment 223382

Also I am attempting to capture Jadson from Udinese as he is rare one who we can get on a free loan as a decent player.

View attachment 223381

View attachment 956326

View attachment 956327

View attachment 956330

First half was good, second not.
But major news from this match is Janmaat injury. We are already tight on that position and every injury of him or Mbemba is potential disaster.

View attachment 956333

It's hard to find any decent cover for loan because almost everyone ask for some monthly fee and we are not afford to spend single pound. My only option seems to be Roma's wing back who can play on both flanks.

View attachment 956334

Also I am attempting to capture Jadson from Udinese as he is rare one who we can get on a free loan as a decent player.

View attachment 956336

It always seemed broken to me
o.png

William Hill made predictions

View attachment 223306

And disaster struck

View attachment 223305

vs Schalke Friendly

View attachment 223297

View attachment 223296

View attachment 223295

Man Utd friendly

View attachment 223294

View attachment 223293

View attachment 223292

Big win over Devils !!!
After Riviere injury I start to create few different formations suitable for my players, found 4. This one is variation of my two created earlier with Udinese save I used for 5 seasons. Very compact middle and lot of space to run into channels by Shadow Strikers and Central Midfielders. Also Wing Backs are very active.

So, pre-season is over now.

View attachment 223289

I try 3 formations and got wider picture of my players possibilities. I got idea for one brand new and will try it in Capital Cup. Most probably the strikerless is the tactic to start with in Premiership.

View attachment 223291

The Time's Come
The Magpies is about to take off in Premiership

View attachment 223287

Last edited:
View attachment 223276

View attachment 223275

View attachment 223274

View attachment 223271

View attachment 223273

[video=youtube;JYn1_9ljQfY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYn1_9ljQfY[/video]

View attachment 223272

Steven Taylor just prove his error prone mentality and lost his place in a first team. He was worst link in pre-season and I still gave him a chance to prove me wrong but now is enough. Lascelles will take his place. Collocini is slow but he is good mentaly. For now he will stay in first XI. Sissoko scores one penalty but miss one just before Hazard equalize. He shoots again in the middle and Courtois easily saved it. It's a shame we lost but Stamford Bridge is one of a very few places where you cannot count on points.

Next match is against Peterborough in Capital Cup in just 3 days. I am going to rest as much as I can from first XI and save them for Anfield 4 days later.

* In Capital Cup we play against Peterborough and not Blackburn like I previously posted. I forgot to save yesterday after draw.

Last edited:
View attachment 223262

Well, Man City just love to play against us this season XD

Interesting fact ahead of clash against Liverpool is their previous match in PL against Man City when they were totally outplayed. And if consider our match against City and this one, it brings some hope that we can grab some points from Anfield. Will see soon

View attachment 223261

View attachment 223223

View attachment 223221

View attachment 956866

"Giroud is the cannonball at St James Park"

View attachment 223192

View attachment 223219

View attachment 223218

[video=youtube;FMZJOLFfWLs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMZJOLFfWLs[/video]

View attachment 223213

After Match Press Conference

Media: What is your first impression of the game ?

Me: We had a good start, controling a game from tha middle and then comes De Jong injury which force me to change formation and whole plan for this match. We were lost in the second part of the first half, Arsenal took control and was more dangerous team on the pitch. At a start of the second half Giroud had a moment of inspiration and scores a real beauty, I have to admit. That goal woke up my boys and we finally start to play like we know. And that's generally our main problem in this season so far, we always start late, after conceding a goal. Still, Mr. Wenger and his players played well and I have to congratulate them even if I think we deserve at least a draw.

Media: Your tough schedule at the beginning of the season is now over. Next few matches is against easier opponents then first four. What is your thinking about those matches ?

View attachment 223208

Me: I think we need to think about one match at a time but I have to agree that the storm is pass and we have a better chance of winning points. We need to go up the table.

Media: Do you now have a clear picture of your first XI and tactic that you will play in the near future ?

Me: Yes and no. I like to adopt our tactic to opponents as long as that fit our style of play. So you will see rotations and formations changing often in our matches.

Media: Is that De Jong injury serious ?

Me: No. He will be ready for next match. Reviere is only unavailable.

Last edited: