mullan_j

Reaction score
everton-badge_zps6d832385.jpg

It has today been confirmed that David Moyes and Everton Football Club have parted company. The scot, who had been in charge of Everton for 10 years, and whom under had some of there most success years, was saddened to leave the club and stated it was the best move for both parties.

'Everton will always hold a place in my heart, everything about the club is special. I have had 10 wonderful years here, but i feel i have taken the club as far as i possibly can. I need a new challenge, and Everton deserve a manager who can take them to the next step'

The man who has been handed control of the Merseyside club is 31 year old Jack Mullan. The former England International midfielder, who managed 12 goals in 63 games for country, is believed to be a good choice by the fans and the media. During an 8 year career at Goodison Park, Mullan became a fans favorite for his workrate, range of passing and his ability to get goals from midfield. If not for a career ending injury at 26, Mullan could have been one of the greats.

In his first press-conference before the media, Mullan proved that he is definitely here to shake things up and make his mark on the club sooner rather than later.

'David did a terrific job here, but thats how they say is history. I am delighted to become manager of such a historic club and hope to carry the club forward and create history'

'It is well known that we are a club which must work within its means. Looking around, i see a number of 'big names' of even bigger money. I intend to address this issue and make the club more financially stable.'

It is believed that Mullan see's players such as Jan Mucha, Sylvain Distin and Darron Gibson as surplus to requirements and wishes to see the back of them.

'I have a few players in mind, we are looking to do some business both ways. But we must look to balance the squad. We have a core squad of English players, and i intend to carry on this way.'

Southampton Captain Adam Lallana, has apparently caught the eye of Mullan with his performances in the previous season.

Adam-Lallana_zps76a8e606.jpg

Transfer Window Round-Up

Even though he has just taken charge, Jack Mullan has wasted no time in stamping his authority in the club. There have been a number of ins and outs through the revolving door at Everton this window.

Transfers_zps1dc63830.png

As well as this business, Mullan has secured the signing of Jack Butland for £4.8 million, which will go through at the end of the season.

'We are delighted with the business we have done, we have got rid of a lot of dead wood, and brought in some talented players who we feel can take the club to the next level. We have invested heavily now, so that we can compete for years come. I feel this move for Butland will allow him to get game time this season, and when he joins up with us next year, he will be ready to compete with Jed Steer and Tim Howard for that number 1 jersey.'

Pre-Season Update

Schalke 1 - 1 Everton (D)
Manteburd Utd 0 - 1 Everton (W)
Hartlepool 3 - 1 Everton (L)
Everton 2 - 0 Preston (W)
Everton 4 - 0 Almeria (W)

'On the whole, it was a good pre season, we showed our ability to keep clean sheets and score goals. Hartlepool was a blip, our youngsters were given the opportunity to impress, and as the game grew on, tiredness showed. I am very confident for the season ahead, we have the potential to compete for Europe as well as having a strong cup run. I cant wait to see what happens.'

August Update

Everton 2 - 0 QPR

2 goals and a man of the match performance from Jelavic gives Mullan's boys a great start to the season.

Chelsea 1 - 0 Everton

Frank Lampard goal in an evenly contested match. MOM Heitinga

Everton 2 - 1 Ipswich - Capital One Cup

Goals from James Tomkins and Ryan Bennett advance Everton into the next round where they will play Manchester City. MOM James Tomkins.

tomkins_zpsc581fbdd.jpg

Tomkins has made a good start to his Everton career.

Will hughes is a beast on this game, how did you get so much money to spend? or are all the deals over long periods

half now, half over 48 months, selling alot of the players on big wages helped too.

half now, half over 48 months, selling alot of the players on big wages helped too.

Are you only going to sign english players? should be a good challenge, you already have Ross Barkley who is brillaint on my Wolves save

thats the plan. I tend to do so normally. have a list of players im looking to get over the next couple seasons. and from then on, invest in youth.

My target is that after 3 seasons, i will have all my targeted players and a squad which consists of only english players.

September Update

Everton 1 - 0 Man Utd

A first half goal from Fellaini was enough to give Everton the victory in a hard fought mate. MOM Vidic.

Everton 2 - 1 Sunderland

An early Saha gave Sunderland a 1st half lead, but goals from Osman and Pienaar gave Everton the victory. MOM Pienaar.

Arsenal 2 - 0 Everton

Goals from Giroud and a Siqueira penalty was enough to give Arsenal the victory. MOM Vermaelan.

Man City 2 - 5 Everton - Capital One Cup

A Jelavic hatrick, and goals from Mirallas and Lallana, cancelled out goals from Kompany and Milner. MOM Jelavic.

West Brom 1 - 2 Everton

2 more goals from Jelavic was enough to cancel out Longs early opener. MOM Heitinga.

Mullan has shown early on in his career that his side are set up to compete with the big boys. He has made some solid signings and is currently getting the best out of his players. Among this we have also seen some young talent on show, with the likes of George Green and Luke Shaw making their professional debuts.

October Update

Everton 2 - 0 Swansea

Another 2 goals from Jelavic gave Everton the win. MOM Jelavic.

Stoke 2 - 2 Everton

2 Connor Wickham strikes were cancelled out by MOM Walters.

Everton 0 - 1 Southampton

A solitary Davis goal gave Southampton a suprise win. MOM Jagielka.

Tottenham 0 - 1 Everton - Capital One Cup

A goal from Ross Barkley was enough to give Everton the win. A quarter final game with Wigan awaits the merseyside club. MOM Dawson.

In the cup game against Tottenham, Heitinga suffered a serious injury which will see the centre back sidelined for 3 months. It is believed that Mullan will look to young James Tomkins to step in and fill the void.

This month Everton Vice-Captain Phil Jagielka was voted Barclays Premier League Player of the Month.

Phil-Jagielka-everton_zps7bbb67d0.jpg

As we head into November, Everton find themselves laying 5th in the table, and in the Quarter Finals of the Capital One Cup.

LeagueTableNov_zps03f0e23f.jpg

November Update

Liverpool 2 - 2 Everton

Second half goals from both sides coming from Johnson, Jagielka, Downing and Mirallas and a late red card for Medel created an unforgettable merseyside derby. MOM Jagielka.

Everton 2 - 0 Fulham

Second half goals from Mirallas and substitute Wickham give Everton a solid win. MOM Pienaar.

Man City 2 - 0 Everton

In a match where Everton had 0 shots and only 40%, goals from Maicon and Dzeko proved City's dominance.

Mullan : 'This is what we strive for. Control of the game. That is what we must aim to achieve'

Newcastle 1 - 1 Everton

Ameobi cancelling out an early Jelavic goal, with Ba sent off late on. MOM Pienaar.

December Update

Everton 0 - 0 Aston Villa

A brilliant defensive performance from both sides. MOM Jagielka.

Wigan 1 - 3 Everton - Capital One Cup

A Watson opener was cancelled out by Wickham, who added a second during the second half, Hughes completed the scoring late on. MOM Wickham.

Everton 5 - 2 Reading

Goals from Robson-Kanu and Hunt in the first 30 minutes gave Everton a scare, a pearce own goal before half time got Everton back into the game. Second half goals from Pienaar, Tomkins, Jelavic and Wickham won the game for Toffees. MOM Lallana.

Everton 2 - 1 Tottenham

After a Barkley opener, Adebayor levelled the scoring before half time. Jelavic went on to win the game for Mullan's side. MOM Jagielka.

West Ham 2 - 1 Everton

Noble opened the scoring for the Hammers, only for Barkley to equalise minutes later, but a second half Carroll goal and a late red, secured all 3 points for the London side. MOM Noble

Norwich 0 - 2 Everton

An own goal from Tettey and a trademark Baines free kick won the game for Everton. MOM Pienaar.

Everton 3 - 1 Wigan

First half goals from Watson and Jelavic sent the teams in level at half time. Stam was shown red early in the second half and Everton took advantage with Fellaini scoring and an own goal from Boyce. MOM Fellaini.

QPR 4 - 2 Everton

4 goals in the first hour from Cisse (2), Zamora and a Baines og. was enough to see off Everton. Lallana and Jelavic scored late on.

As we head into January Everton find themselves sitting in 6th place in the table.

LeagueTableJan_zpsd6a31471.jpg

With the January Transfer Window now open, speculation is mounting about a number of moves. Kevin Mirallas and Marouanne Fellaini have been attracting interest from some big European clubs, and it is rumoured that Thomas Ince of Blackpool has caught the eye of Jack Mullan.

Thomas-Ince-008_zpsf4ac712e.jpg

Thomas Ince has been in fine for Blackpool so far this season scoring 2 goals and making 3 assists, with his trickery and direct style causing problems.

Transfer Window Update

A busy transfer window for Everton saw a number of players leave and enter Goodison Park. Kevin Mirallas signed for Valencia for £11.75 million, with Everton using the money recieved to fund a move for £8.5 million Thomas Ince, who have already began to repay the faith shown by Mullan by scoring 4 goals, including a hattrick against rivals Liverpool.

'Tom has made a great start to his career here, long may it contiue'

The biggest move of the window was in the shape of Marouanne Fellaini signing for Manchester United in a £28 million move.

'Fellaini will be sorely missed, but we are a football club, not a one man team, we can now look to strengthen other areas of the team'

Mullan wasted no time to bring in a replacement, re-signing Jack Rodwell on loan from Manchester City, with the view to a permanent move, and bringing in young saint midfielder James Ward-Prowse for £5.5 million. This is the third player Mullan has signed from Southampton, and it is believed Nathaniel Clyne and Callum Chambers have also caught Mullan's eye with recent performance.

'Southampton have a reputation for developing some great individuals, and i believe i have captured the next generation.'

The January window also saw experience midfielder Steven Pienaar sign for Newcastle in a £7.5 million deal. The final piece of business for Mullan was to make Connor Wickham's loan move permanent in a £8.75 million move. Wickham impressed during his loan spell with 8 goals in 7 starts and 8 from the bench.

'Steven was a great servant to the club, but he wasnt getting any younger and Newcastle made a serious offer.'

Everton have used the increase in revenue to increased their Senior and Youth training facilities.

'We have a great set up here and i am keen to improve it so we can start developing our players further and become self-sufficient.'

Although this window saw a number of ins and outs for Everton one player shown his commitment to the club. Phil Neville has taken the next step in his career by becoming part of the Everton backroom staff. The former Man Utd player has been a crucial part of Everton for the last few years and has become a fans favourite.

PhilNeville_2736563_zpsa317bb0a.jpg

January Update

Everton 3 - 2 Chelsea

A brace from Wickham and Jelavic gave Everton the victory. A Torres double for the away side. MOM Wickham.

Everton 2 - 2 Wolve - FA Cup

An early Lallana goal was cancelled out by a Sigurdason before the break. A Doyle goal and Ward og meant the game would go to a replay. MOM Aranguiz.

Arsenal 1 - 0 Everton - Capital One Cup Semi Final 1st Leg

A Baines og gave Arsenal the lead heading into the second leg. MOM Jagielka.

Man Utd 3 - 1 Everton

A Nani hattrick gave Utd the vicotry over the toffees. Jelavic with the solitary strike for Everton. MOM Nani.

Wolves 2 - 2 Everton - FA Cup Replay

2 goals from Sigurdason and strikes from Lallana and Hughes meants the game went to penalties. Wolves Win. MOM Sigurdason.

'Its really disappointing. We really thought we have a chance to go on and do something in this competition.'

Sunderland 0 - 1 Everton

A goal from Ince in the first 5 mins gave Everton the victory. MOM Jagielka.

Everton 3 (3) - (4) 3 Arsenal - Capital One Cup 2nd Leg

A brace from Podolski and a late Arteta striker saw off the Everton fight. Goals from Osman and 2 from Shaw. MOM Podolski.

'We were unlucky, but we have gone out of 2 cup competitions in as many weeks. We need to make sure our heads dont drop and we keep going for a European spot in the league.'

Everton 1 - 0 West Brom

A first minute winner from Jelavic. MOM Powell.

February Update

Everton 0 - 1 Stoke

A single Owen goal, against the mis-firing toffees. MOM Jagielka.

Everton 3 - 2 Arsenal

Everton close the gap and get payback for their cup exit with a 2 Jelavic goals and another Shaw striker against the Gunners. A Giroud brace completed the scoring. MOM Ramsey.

Swansea 2 - 2 Everton

2 more Jelavic goals were cancelled out by Stocker and Graham late on. MOM Jelavic.

Everton 4 - 2 Liverpool

Thomas Ince stole the show with a hattrick against their rivals. Jelavic carried on his scoring streak with another goal. Gerrard and Donovan scored for the visitors. MOM Ince.

This month Everton striker Nikica Jelavic claimed the Premier League Player of the Month Award.

Jelavic_zps732d3a64.jpg

Heading into March Everton find themselves in a strong position fighting it out for a European place.

LeagueTableMarch_zpsa3f72631.jpg

Whats with all the Everton saves coming up? :p Interesting to see how you're only signing english players. Will be following :)

March Update

Southampton 2 - 1 Everton

A first half brace from MOM Lambert gives the saints the win. Jelavic for Everton.

Fulham 3 - 0 Everton

With Mullan serving a touchline ban, goals from Berbatov, Petric and a baines og gave fulham the victory. MOM Berbatov.

Everton 0 - 2 Man City

Lescott and Dzeko for the manchester club. MOM Kompany.

'It has really been a month to forget for us. Things just didnt happen.'

April Update

Tottenham 3 - 1 Everton

A Defoe brace and a Dawson goal cancelled out Ince's opener. MOM Defoe.

Villa 1 - 2 Everton
Jelavic and Wickham goals give the toffees the win. A Bent consolation goal. MOM Jagielka.

Everton 1 - 0 Newcastle

A Wickham goal in the 69th minute gave Everton a good win. MOM Jagielka.

Everton 1 - 1 West Ham

A lallana striker cancels out the Carroll opener. MOM Lallana.
This month Thomas Ince was awarded Young Player of the Month with some impressive performances.
http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t349/mullan_j/Thomas-Ince-008_zpsf4ac712e.jpg[img]

[B]---BREAKING NEWS---
[/B]
It has today been revealed that Jack Mullan has signed a new contract at the club which will see him stay until 2017. Mullan only had a couple months remaining on his contract and Everton chairmen Kenwright moved quick to make sure he got his man signed up.

Going into May Everton find themselves in a very strong position, and with only a few games remaining should seal a European spot.

[img]http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t349/mullan_j/LeagueTableMay_zps927d8d9f.jpg

May Update

Everton 2 - 0 Norwich

Goals from Rodwell and Wickham gave Everton victory. MOM Jagielka.

Reading 2 - 4 Everton

Hunt and Robson-Kanu goals were a consolation as Hughes, Wickham and a Ward-Prowse brace won it for the toffees.

Wigan 1 - 0 Everton

An early McCarthy goal gave Wigan the win. MOM Heitinga.

This month Connor Wickham was awarded the Premier League Young Player of the Month Award.

wickham_2675419_zpsfbe2a860.jpg

Final League Table

LeagueTableMay_zps927d8d9f.jpg

---Everton secure Europa League Spot---

In what has been a good season for Everton football club, has seen them secure a place in the Europa League. They were only predicted to finish in the top half of the table, and this proves what a good job Mullan has started to do early in his career. This has been evident through the performances of Phil Jagielka who was voted into the Premier League Team of the Year, Won Everton Fans Player of the Year, and had the Best Average Rating in the Premier League.

Everton Team of the Year

EvertonTeamofYear_zpsa3cc04bf.jpg

Looking ahead to the new season Everton have 3 difficult opening fixtures, Home to Manchester City, Away to Newcastle United and Away to Fulham. Mullan will be looking to start the season brightly, especially with the introduction of European football. Mullan is also expected to be busy in the transfer market, with Nathaniel Clyne seen to be his number 1 target.

---Baines Confirmed as Everton Captain---

As we are now in the Europa League as well as the Premier League, Capital One Cup and FA Cup. I intend to do a monthly update now, rather than a bi-monthly.

I also plan to have a player of the month also.

Any other ideas or anything anyone would like to see?

After a successful preseason, Jack Mullan's Everton will be looking to improve on last year. They find themselves competing in the Europa League this season and Mullan is confident his team can go far.

'We are now in 4 competition and i fully expect us to compete in all 4 and believe we can beat any side we come up against.'

Transfer Update

Transfers2ndseason_zps31d7b900.jpg

August Update

Everton 3 - 1 Man City - Premier League

Goals from Barkley, Lallana and Jelavic give Everton the win. Aguero for the visitors. MOM Jagielka.

Luzern 0 - 4 Everton - Europa League

Powell, Jelavic, Redmond and Ince for the visitors. MOM Powell.

Newcastle 3 - 1 Everton - Premier League

A Cisse brace and a Pienaar striker cancel out a Rodwell goal. MOM Jagielka.

Everton 4 - 0 Luzern - Europa League

A hattrick from Wickham and a Redmond goal put Everton through to the group stage of the Europa League. MOM Wickham.

This month Thomas Ince was awarded the Premier League Young Player of the Month Award, with Will Hughes and Connor Wickham coming in 2nd and 3rd respectively.

The Everton Player of the Month Award goes to Nathaniel Clyne. The young full back has helped his teams cause with 2 clean sheets and has put on 3 goals for his team with 3 assists.

Nathaniel-Clyne_2812830_zps78da80b9.jpg

The Europa League Group Stage has been drawn. Everton have been given a tough group consisting of Shakhtar, Seville and Sportklub Sturn Graz.

September Update

Fulham 1 - 2 Everton - Premier League

All 3 goals coming in the first 15 minutes from Petric, Lallana and a Jelavic penalty. MOM Barkley.

Everton 2 - 3 Tottenham - Premier League

First half goals from Costa (2), and Melo. Jagielka and Jelavic replied but was not enough. MOM Costa.

Everton 3 - 3 Sevilla - Europa League

Wickham, Lallana and Ince for the hosts. Santos, Reyes and Kondogbia reply for Sevilla. MOM Rakitic.

Everton 4 - 3 Cardiff - Premier League

2 goals from Jelavic, a Livermore debut goal and a Wickham goal cancelled out strikes from Velikonja (2) and Kim Bo-Kyung. MOM Velikonja.

Nottingham Forest 0 - 1 Everton - Capital One Cup

A late Wickham striker gives a young Everton side the victory and a next round tie against Blackpool. MOM Lascelles.

Swansea 1 - 2 Everton - Premier League

An early Graham goal. Hughes and Wickham reply for the visitors. MOM Michu.

--- Powell ruled out for 3 months ---

This month has seen Connor Wickham win the Young Player of the Month Award as well as the Everton Player of the Month Award. The striker has scored in the last 4 games for the toffees.

wickham_2675419_zpsfbe2a860.jpg

October Update

SK Sturm-Graz 3 - 6 Everton - Europa League

Goal from Holz, Gujt and Szabio for the hosts. A brace for both Wickham and Tomkins and goals from Rodwell and Ince gave Everton a good start to their Europa League campain. MOM Tomkins.

Stoke 1 - 0 Everton - Premier League

A Crouch goal wins it for the home side. MOM Howard.

Everton 1 - 0 Blackburn - Premier League

A Jelavic striker seals the 3 points for Everton. MOM Tomkins.

Shakhtar 2 - 1 Everton - Europa League

Eduardo and Adriano goals for the home team with Barkley replying for the visitors. MOM Barkley.

Everton 4 - 1 Blackpool - Capital One Cup

A Wickham brace and goals from Barkley and Tomkins. Roberts replied late on. MOM Wickham.

--- Manchester United in the quarter final of the Capital One Cup ---

James Tomkins has been voted as Everton Player of the Month. Scoring 3 goals and producing some fabulous performances.

tomkins_zpsc581fbdd.jpg

November Update

Everton 0 - 1 Wigan - Premier League

A goal in the first 5 minutes from man of the match McCarthy.

Everton 1 - 1 Shakhtar - Europa League

Eduardo scores for the visitors and man of the match Jagielka gets Everton a point.

Everton 5 - 1 Liverpool - Premier League

A Jelavic brace, a Reina og, a Rodwell strike and a Wickham goal gives Everton a famous win over there rivals. Suarez for the reds. MOM Hughes.

Everton 1 - 2 Arsenal - Premier League

2 goals from Wilshere cancels out a Jelavic goal. MOM Wilshere.

Norwich 1 - 3 Everton - Premier League

A Holt strike was cancelled out by Clyne, Livermore and Redmond. MOM Hughes.

--- Jack Rodwell injured for 4-5 months and loan cancelled ---

This month has seen Will Hughes win the Everton Player of the Month and has seen Ross Barkley win the Premier League Young Player of the Month Award.

ross-barkley-620-603598151_zps13ffdedd.jpg

December Update

Sevilla 1 - 5 Everton - Europa League

An early Rakitic goal is cancelled out by goals from Clyne, Lallana (2), Jelavic and Barkley. MOM Barkley.

QPR 0 - 0 Everton - Premier Leauge

Bore draw. MOM Jagielka.

Everton 3 - 1 Southampton

Baines, Barkley and Wicham for the toffees. Lambert late on. MOM Tomkins.

Everton 4 - 0 SK Sturm-Graz - Europa League

Goals from Lallana, Wickham, Barkley and man of the match Tomkins put Everton through to the knockout stages of the Europa League.

Europa League Table

EuropaLeagueGroup_zpsc5a72b05.jpg

--- Everton drawn against Rubin Kazam in the first knockout stage ---

Everton 1 - 1 Watford - Premier League

Goals for Jelavic and McFadden. MOM McFadden.

West Ham 2 - 2 Everton - Premier League

Goals for Jarvis and Nekounam and a brace for Ince. MOM Ince.

West Brom 2 - 0 Everton - Premier League

2 goals for Shane Long. MOM Long.

This month Thomas Ince has won the Everton Player of the Month Award.

Thomas-Ince-008_zpsf4ac712e.jpg

With the transfer window about to open up, rumours are circulating that Everton manager Jack Mullan is looking to bring in a few new faces. With Arsenal duo Jack Wilshere and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain thought to have caught his eye. Both are regular England internationals but have struggled to force their way into the Arsenal side.​

January Update

Man Utd 0 - 0 Everton - Capital One Cup

Draw after extra time. Man Utd win on penalties. MOM Vidic.

Everton 1 - 1 Wolves - FA Cup

Jelavic and Doyle with the goals. Replay. MOM Doyle.

Man City 3 - 1 Everton - Premier League

Kroos, Dzeko and Cabaye for the hosts. Jelavic replies for Everton. MOM Kroos.

Wolves 0 - 1 Everton - FA Cup Replay

Wickham with an early goal for the toffees. MOM Bennett.

Everton 3 - 1 Fulham - Premier League

Dejagah for the visitors. Everton reply with goals from Jagielka, Lallana and man of the match Redmond.

Everton 1 - 1 Newcastle - Premier League

Tomkins and Ba in an even game. MOM Tomkins.

Barnsley 2 - 2 Everton - FA Cup

A Harewood brace is cancelled out by a brace from Hope and the young Everton team. MOM Hope.

Tottenham 0 - 0 Everton - Premier League

A bore draw. MOM Tomkins.

This month has seen young right winger Nathan Redmond win both the Everton Player of the Month and Premier League Young Player of the Month awards.

nathan-redmond_zps3e7ce999.jpg

--- Transfer News ---

Everton have had a very quiet January window, a deal to bring Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was close, but personal terms could not be agreed. There was no other business for Everton though, but it is believed Mullan still has a couple more targets to complete this team of young english stars he is putting together.

February Update

Cardiff 2 - 2 Everton - FA Cup

Velikonja (2) and Barkley a Baines means a replay. MOM Velikonja.

Everton 3 - 1 Barnsley - FA Cup Replay

Mellis early on. Jelavic and a brace for man of the match Ward-Prowse.

Everton 1 - 0 Stoke - Premier League

Goal from man of the match Barkley.

Chelsea 0 - 1 Everton - Premier League

Redmond with the only goal. MOM Jagielka.

Sheffield United 1 - 1 Everton - FA Cup

Blackman and Redmond goals. MOM Tomkins.

Everton 4 - 2 Rubin - Europa League 1st Leg

Rondon and Valdez early on. Jagielka, Jelavic (2) and Hughes give Everton the advantage. MOM Jelavic.

Everton 3 - 0 Swansea - Premier League

Ince and a brace for MOM Wickham.

Rubin 2 (4) - (6 ) 2 Everton - Europa League 2nd Leg

Goals for Gremendo, Rondon, Bennett and Wickham means Everton go through. MOM Barkley.

--- Everton drawn against AC Milan in next round of Europa League ---

This month has seen Ross Barkley win both Everton Player of the Month and Premier League Young Player of the Month Award.

ross-barkley-620-603598151_zps13ffdedd.jpg