James1517

Reaction score
HELP!!
I'm struggling to emulate Michael Laudrup's style of play and tactics while he was at Swansea in the 12-13 and half of the 13-14 season.

So obviously 4-2-3-1, with two CM's, AMR AMC AML.

Attacking fullbacks (rangel and davies)
Playmakers in the midfield (de guzman, canas/britton)

Laudrup got Swansea to control the games, they'd always attack teams home or away, but more importantly keep the ball and pass it around beautifully. I think in the 12-13 season, swansea were more of a counter attacking team, they scored so many goals from the break and although they weren't doing as well as they'd like to in the 13-14 season, they were controlling/dictating the games a bit more.

here are the highlights of their 4-0 win against malmo in the europa league, an example of them controlling the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJWsvUdVIH8
So they built their attacks from the back slowly, and when they got into the final third they upped the tempo. They utilised the wings quite a lot with Davies and Rangel, and the players were quite wide across the pitch. And you had shelvey drifting around the pitch looking for space, and michu and bony interchanging.

Here is highlights of more counter attacking play in their 2-0 win away to arsenal:
Arsenal vs Swansea 0-2 Highlights Michu Goals 2012 Video| Soccer Blog|Football News, Reviews, Quizzes

And still, in parts of that match, swansea pushed up and controlled the game with slow tempo, and all of a sudden chico plays a ball into michu, and the tempo gets higher as he quickly plays a one two with de guzman and scores.

I am a big fan of Michael Laudrup and i hope he will replace Alan Pardew at Newcastle in the summer, i would really appreciate it if someone could create a set of tactics trying to emulate Laudrup's style and along these guidelines :)

His 12-13 tactics were simply the best, not sure what happened in 13-14 but he refused to adapt his tactics, the other sides knew how to beat his side.

He plays a possession, passing game. It wouldn't be to difficult to create a style based on his.