The Mighty Mariners Fight For Promotion!

Rhowie

Reaction score
I have decided to do an FmStory Because they look really fun. I have Chosen Grimsby Town (Mighty Mariners) as my team because they are my hometown team and in real life we have just lost our manager (Mike Newell) and we are loosing loads of games. Hopefully in my fm10 game this wont happen:D They are a low league 2 team and with a strong defence and weak attack it should be quite hard to gain promotion so im here to take the challenge.

Grimsby Town after loosing Manager Mike Newell are looking for someone to take the role at Blundell Park, Many Applications have been received with the like of Mariners Ledgend John Mcdermott and Ex Hull Striker Dean Windass. Club chairman john fenty has approched a young manager who is named Rhys Howie to take the job thinking he might be able to give the mariners what they need to gain promotion. After a long thought out decision Rhys Howie Accepts a Contract of £950 a week the contract will last untill June 2011. Manager Rhys Howie has said he is hopeing for a mid table finish. He has been Given £0 for transfers and 15.75k wage budget.

Rhys Howie has these players to work with:
Gk : Nick Colgan
Df : Robbie Stockdale, Joe Widdowson, Matt Heywood, Paul Linwood, Rob Atkinson and Ryan Bennett.
Mid: Michael Leary, Jamie Clarke, Pater Sweeney, Danny Boshell and Adrian Forbes.
Str: Jean-Louis Akpa-Akpro, Barry Conlon, Adam Proudlock and Chris Jones.

Grimsby Town Manager Rhys Howie said it is time to let all the dead wood go and bring in some league two starlets. In his mind he said hes going to look at Ex Bradford Forward ***** Topp and Ex Chester Midfeild Miestro Damien Mozika both on free transfers.

Grimsby Town Today Released a Statement Saying that the following players have been released on a fee : Grant Normington, Jamie Steel, Peter Bore, Nick Hegarty, Danny North, Matt Heywood, Michael Leary and Jamie Clarke.

Grimsby Town Vs Grimsby Town Reserves
Grimsby 0 - 1 Grimsby Reserves
(Josh Fuller 3rd Min)
The Grimsby Manager said this loss is unacceptable but could be becuase of half the team leaving.

Grimsby are to play Preston in the League Cup 1st round and also Grimsby Sign Midfeilder Damien Mozika and Striker ***** topp both on free transfers.

Grimsby town 0 - 1 Middlesbrough
Not a bad defeat looking at the quality difference between the teams said Manager Rhys Howie.

Grimsby Town Sign Ex Man City Goalkeeper Filip Mentel on a free transfer.

Grimsby 0 - 0 Havant & W
The Grimsby Manager Said im very dissapointed we cant beat this team if we dont start hitting the back of the net i may have to change my formation or change some of the players at the club.

Grimsby 1-1 Bagnor City
(***** Topp) - (Phillip Jackson )
At least we have now found the back of the net although we should have beaten this team i am still happy we didnt loose.

Grimsby Town Loan Holmar Eyjolfsson for the season from west ham.

Grimsby 1-1 Doncaster
(***** Topp) - (Billy Sharp)
Very good performance from my lads a good game considering doncaster are a champonship side.

Grimsby 0-3 Charlton
(Leon Mckenzie 2 , lloyd sam)
I am very dissapointed we lost by 3 but a lose i could see from the start as charlton are the stronger side.

Grimsby 2 -0 Gh Academy
(Chris Riley O.g. , ***** Topp)
Finally a victory for Grimsby something ive been waiting for even though its against a small club i still feel this will give a major confidence boost to the teams moral.

Loan Repayments to Begin : 12k a month towards a 130k bank loan and 12k a month towards a 1million chairman loan.

Grimsby 3-0 Coleraine
(***** Topp Hat-Trick)
Fantastic performance by ***** topp finishing with a hat-trick and a good win for the team now we can find the net hopefully we will hit it more than any other team in the league.

The Pre-Season has Ended And The Mariners Face There First Legaue Game Against Ex Legaue One side Cheltenham.

Good luck mate i'll be following. Hang on to Bennet he is a hot prospect and try to sign aborah he will be a great acquisition to your squad. You could also sign James Chester on loan.

sig.php

Great! A story of The Mighty Mariners (Born and bred Grimsby, season ticket holder there)
Can't wait to see how you do!

Hang on to Ryan Bennett, he will become Championship material in a couple of seasons. Great prospect!

Good Luck:D

Im sorry to close this post as i was doing very well with the mariners but unfortunatley my freind deleted my save and therefore im closing this thread. Unwantingly:mad: