The 'New' football era: The World Premier League

• Thread starter Thread starter AJB
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 1K

AJB

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the forum, and this is my first story so, any advice is welcome...
I'm going to try and write the story in the way I like - most - reading, other stories, and hopefully pull it off, kind of my wet-dream of stories combined, excuse the weird analogy.

I'll explain the new story before going into story mode:
I'm using the World Premier League custom database and logo pack (for the league and cup logos of the WPL (World Premier League)), the database and logos were downloaded from the forum, but I've forgotten the name of the guy that made it (he's Portuguese though, so credit to him and thanks, I've not done a game on this database before, but I like it (especially the prize money).

A poll will be added on the next post, so you can vote on all the teams I am considering going, although I'm doing a Sepp Blatter and can overrule if I dislike the outcome of the poll so much, which I probably won't as teams in the poll are teams I have narrowed down my shortlist of 'teams I want to go'.

The story will now start, so hopefully it's good and if it is, enjoy... (ps. If there is interest after the first post, I'll carry on.)

images

The 'New' football era
: The World Premier League.
Gradual information launch day.
29/5/11
10:00 AM
WPL HQ: Nyon, Switzerland

Pre press conference World Premier League press release:

Never has any press conference garnered so much attention, it's not because of any futuristic events either, simply it's about football. Football was, even in 2010/11, too reliant and too focused on money, and had been for a long time, however, intense negotiations for the past year, behind the scenes with FIFA and UEFA, by us (the WPL) has now revolutionized the sport we all love. What we quickly realised from these negotiations was:

1. Money was important too our proposals,
2. A well thought out, revolutionary idea and the passion behind it can go a long way too.

Both of those mentioned things: Money and Passion were behind our WPL consortium from day one of negotiations. For the past 3/4 years the WPL consortium has been coming up with the plan that will be officially put into place today. More on the WPL consortium:

- 88 investor members
- 12 man 'expert football and football business' panel; Total consortium number of 100.
- Initialized by Joao Perrea
- Funded by consortium members; official sponsors: Ford, Pepsi, Sony and WPL included football clubs upon successful installation of the WPL.

We feel it is important to stress that the football clubs which are funding the WPL (The new head of the majority of Football; more detail to follow) have not broken the law in doing so and have not been withholding information against FIFA and UEFA. As previously stated, for legal reasons these clubs HAD to wait 'upon successful installation of the WPL', as mentioned before. This was because, had these clubs funded our consortium during negotiations they would have breached UEFA and FIFA laws, however with the clause mentioned, these clubs and negotiations with the WPL were within the law. To end the financial section it is important to say that not all (club) members of the WPL are in a position to add funds to the consortium, and at no point has there ever been a requirement from the WPL that clubs have to invest; clubs do not HAVE to invest and have not even been asked. All funding received from outwith consortium members (clubs) is voluntary and in the spirit of supporting the idea, and being a part of footballs change.

As there is so much to go through naturally in a change such as this, which will impact the world, most of your information will come though this press release and lots of separate press conferences, hosted by representatives after today's main press conference. The main press conference, shall be a few words from Joao Perrea and NO questions, clubs and (with thanks) international governing bodies have agreed to taking on some of the questions you will have.

Ultimately football clubs our 'their own' business and are not owned in any way by their governing bodies, leading to how the WPL has been formed. Any club can leave to become a part of the WPL but due to criteria set by the WPL and the views of football clubs, there is a limited amount of teams we have been willing to incorporate into the WPL, some (monetary) demands were inconsiderate towards us (the WPL) throughout negotiations. We as the 'new' body of football were more than willing to incorporate entire football governing bodies into our structure, but demands in money from countries' governing bodies has meant this hasn't been possible. There is clearly a substantial amount of money under our organisation, money from football clubs, sponsors and our consortium members included in this 'pot', but even that 'pot' could not cover all demands before us from specific governing bodies (NOT FIFA and UEFA but bodies such as THE FA and LFP hindered negotiations). Thanks to the sponsors of the WPL, Sony, Ford and Pepsi. There are sponsor titled tournaments within the WPL, the Ford and Pepsi cups.

More information to follow, league prize money, format of league divisions (WPL - Groups A to D, Serie B - Groups A to D, Serie C - Groups A to D and Serie D - Groups A to D and cups, Ford Cup, Pepsi Cup and 7-up Super Cup. Future operations of International football competitions, and football clubs' futures that are not involved in the WPL.

WPL Consortium and club members.

Last edited:
Back