The Newcastle Project - Emulating the Ajax and Barcelona system HELP!

James1517

Reaction score
I'm coming to the end of my first season with Newcastle United, i'm currently sitting in 3rd with a capital one cup in the bag :) and also destroyed sunderland twice in the league and once in the cup (7-1, 3-1, 3-1) and my 4-4-2 tactic that was originally created by Nezza, is working very well, but i've decided that under Ashley, we're just never going to be able keep improving the squad with limiting funds and trying to keep our best players. So i've decided, that its time to install a philosophy and system at the club, to try and keep up the success without spending loads of money.

I've already started to implement a "tiki taka" tactic, and basically i want this tactic to be the long term philosophy/tactic like Barcelona, so that kids in my youth academy will immediately be coached, trained and adapted to this philosophy. And basically i want to have an "Ajax style" club system, where youth players can come through and immediately be suited to the tactic. So i'd like a bit of help on how to get my youth academy to be one of the best academies in europe (of course i'm hoping ashley will put some money into it) so that if i sell a key player, i can just bring through a youth player into the team to replace him, just like Ajax do. I know this just isn't going to happen in a blink of an eye, its going to take time, i just want to ask for some tips, like best coaches, u21/u18 managers, head of youth development, scouts to have etc. and how to develop my academy to one of the best in europe.