The next generation of English Players

• Thread starter Thread starter omawarisan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2K

omawarisan

Reaction score
All, just a quick one. I am not sure if this has been discussed before but I thought I would raise it as I am not sure if it is specific to my games... I have been playing CM since the mid 90's and then FM since its inception. My current game in 2013 is 13 seasons in and I have noticed a trend. The new generation of English and UK region players never reach the standards of the old... In my current game the most expensive English Internation is £12 million and his stats are nowhere comparable to Englands previous greats. World Class Players such as Gerrard, Beckham, Terry and Rooney just arent re created ? My question is why ?

Cheers in advance...

Chris

What patch are you in? I'm currently 4 seasons in and I've got some brilliant english talent. Also what leagues have you got loaded?

Probably due to poor youth development because I tend to search for the raw players and the raw talent is there, the AI just doesn't tend to nurture it correctly.

Well I guess it's just going in the trend that's currently happening in the world now. How many really really exciting English youngsters are there?

Even current "top" English talents like Raheem Sterling or Butland or Zaha aren't really all that compared to some of the talent that's coming from Germany, Spanish, etc.

Its a mixture of England not being top of the world and Teams not taking care of their talents.

I holidayed until 2022 without interference and England won the 2014 world cup and 2020 euros, They have one amazing winger who has won young player of a year twice in a row and is worth £27m while Nick Powell and Will Hughes have become legends at Spurs and Derby with some good prospects coming through the ranks as well!

I have English Leagues, Welsh and Scottish Premier, Italy, Germany and MLS top flight also all as playable leagues... Germany and the South American Leagues have an abundance of wonderkids that turn into world class tallent but as stated the UK region doesn't produce any really... And this has happened to me for a few years now and I want to try and change it...

Back