Elrithral

Reaction score
This is the first time I’ve ever uploaded a tactic, so I’m not sure how good this explanation will be and that probably isn’t helped by the fact that the tactic is just an decent, solid tactic that I have had success with and not a game breaking tactic that guarantees countless goals every single game.

It’s set up as a 4-5-1 with all positions set using the tactics creator. Which players you use in which positions is fairly obvious, though I have had more success with a quick striker who has a decent Off The Ball rating (in order to break the offside trap) and wingers with decent finishing ability come in handy too.

Formation.png

The reason I like this tactic is that it produces realistic football. The passing is quick and play is spread quite well, you usually emerge with the lions share of possession and it gets a good amount of goals whilst remaining solid at the back.

I originally used it on FM11 and conceded just 13 goals in one season with Manchester United, I also took River Plate from the second tier to Copa Libertadores glory and managed to beat Spurs, in Europe, with Red Star Belgrade.

In terms of FM12 I have tested it with Eintracht Frankfurt, England and Ballymena United. At Frankfurt I gained promotion at the first attempt and followed up with immediate Euro Cup qualification and a 6th place finish in season two and three, by season four we were top of the Bundesliga. With England I won the European Championships and set a new record for games without losing and with Ballymena United I took a team with a 9th place finish predicted to wins in their first 7 games of the season, including a 4-0 victory against Glentoran.

Below are a few screen shots to show what kind of results I have been getting.

England.png

BallymenaFixtures.png

Frankfurt.png

As far as team talks go, I usually rely on my assistant to deal with team talks, making the odd tweak from time to time. In terms of shouts, and this is important, I always set “Hassle Opponents” and “Get Stuck In” at the start of every match.

Fingers crossed it works for you too and let me know how you get on.

Download[/URL]

*EDIT*​
A few extra points and screenshots for you.

I use my assistant for OIs and match preparation is always set as high, teamwork.

Here's an extra link, just in case anyone can't use zshare.

2shared - download Elrithral - Ordinary Tactic.tac

Also, couple of extra screenshots to show you how it's going.

Table.png

And proof of media prediction, which appears to be 7th rather than 9th, but still performing well above expectations.

Prediction.png

I should point out that each and every one of those five losses came as a result of suspensions or injuries. However, this really isn't a guaranteed win tactic, though I have had success with most of the clubs I have managed.