The Origins Database

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 2K

Steve*

Y.N.W.A.
Reaction score
Hi guys, Over the past week i toyed with the idea of putting all players back to the club they started their careers with. Only have about 500 players done so far as i had other projects but just wondering if there would be much interest in this?
Dont expect to get every player done but i would be hoping to get every player with a ca of 100 or more back to original clubs. I also cancel all future transfers. Has this been tried before and would people download it?

I was considering doing it myself but I couldn't be bothered so I'd love it if you made one :)

I was considering doing it myself but I couldn't be bothered so I'd love it if you made one :)

Yeah, have to say its going to take a long time to do, only removed non original clup players from 10 teams so far.

Was thinking of doing England down to league 2, Spain Italy to Serie C and maybe France to Nacional. These would be the best known players and there the majority of major moves have been made

yes i'd be interested in this.. i think its been done before on previous FM games by people and from memory it was enjoyable so yes i'd say there would be interest in this.good idea for a database really :)

Tsk tsk, ignoring Germany.

I forgot about Germany :o I would also include the top 2 leagues.

Were still looking at 20K+ players being moved around. At least 50 hours work for me to do alone unless somebody would be willing to help?

If you only start it in about a week, I'll help. I finish college for the summer on Friday.

If you only start it in about a week, I'll help. I finish college for the summer on Friday.

Well i have already started but it could take a few weeks to do by myself so whenever your free.

From what I done so far Arsenal have a **** team. Best players are Wilshire and Keith Fahey. Southampton have an epic team :D
Fowler, Owen, Warnock back at Liverpool
Barcelona havnt changed that much yet and now have Fabregas :)
United have Beckham back and a few decent players in their 20's.
Just wondering if theres a way to make a transfer embargo on all clubs?

In theory it sounds like a great idea, and was done perfectly by a guy on SI last year. In reality the popularity didn't justify the amount of time he must have put into it.

For transfer embargo: If you look in the FM11 folder in your program files, open data> db> 1100 > edt. Then open the notepad document called transfer_embargo, then follow the instructions in the notepad

In theory it sounds like a great idea, and was done perfectly by a guy on SI last year. In reality the popularity didn't justify the amount of time he must have put into it.

For transfer embargo: If you look in the FM11 folder in your program files, open data> db> 1100 > edt. Then open the notepad document called transfer_embargo, then follow the instructions in the notepad

Cheers for the feedback tiraths, it is going to take a lot of effort. Maybe Ill just do a toned down version for FM11( with just all all major players) and if it is sucessful I will do it on a larger scale for FM12....

Im now thinking of doing the top 2000 players in the game. Tevezi, Villa, Higuain, Suarez, Buffon, Reina, Torres, Drogba etc.

Cheers for the transfer embargo advice :D

Last edited:
Well i have already started but it could take a few weeks to do by myself so whenever your free.

From what I done so far Arsenal have a **** team. Best players are Wilshire and Keith Fahey. Southampton have an epic team :D
Fowler, Owen, Warnock back at Liverpool
Barcelona havnt changed that much yet and now have Fabregas :)
United have Beckham back and a few decent players in their 20's.
Just wondering if theres a way to make a transfer embargo on all clubs?

Didn't Wilshere sign from Luton when he was about 16? I may be wrong though...

whereabouts do you enter the transfer embargo details mate, do you enter them under the portsmouth one or do you have to use a different folder.

Hi guys, Over the past week i toyed with the idea of putting all players back to the club they started their careers with. Only have about 500 players done so far as i had other projects but just wondering if there would be much interest in this?
Dont expect to get every player done but i would be hoping to get every player with a ca of 100 or more back to original clubs. I also cancel all future transfers. Has this been tried before and would people download it?

I started to make something similar to this by making all the players as 16/17 year old wonderkids and putting them back where they started, I only did the 329 best English players and then gave up due to the amount of effort required. Feel free to have a look at the file.

whereabouts do you enter the transfer embargo details mate, do you enter them under the portsmouth one or do you have to use a different folder.
Yeah from memory put them under Portsmouth

And sounds like a good idea Steve

Back